F1 2011 Just completed my first ever 100% race

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
As the title says i just completed my first ever 100% on F1 2011 at Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi and although i finished 4 laps down with a fastest lap of 1:47.467 it was a really enjoyable experience and one that i will definately repeat :).

The only assists i had on was the breaking line and TCS and i wasnt using any set-up apart from the engineers default one.

The way the track changed from day to night was unreal as was driving past the hotel with its changing colours.

I've just finished my first 100% at Melbourne in a Lotus. I'm trying without traction control for the first time. Finished in 18th but should have finished much higher! Spun off about 7 times and got a drive through penalty because I crashed into Button when he was supposed to just go round me under blue flags.

It was really fun to do, I love the added strategy of conserving the tyres. It's tough to concentrate that long though and I can't feel my bum cheeks after sitting down for so long!

I could be tempted to do another 100% race, possibly even Monaco but would need a lot of practice time before hand lol

Oh, believe me.. Monaco sucks.. For a 100% race you can lap everyone 2-3 times in a Virgin. It sucks. Choose a track on that the AI is good.. It's a lot more fun. And drive for a Lotus/Virgin/HRT. This way you'll fight for the win, it won't be like a Christmas present. Believe me, you won't regret it! :D

I've just finished my first 100% at Melbourne in a Lotus. I'm trying without traction control for the first time. Finished in 18th but should have finished much higher! Spun off about 7 times and got a drive through penalty because I crashed into Button when he was supposed to just go round me under blue flags.

It was really fun to do, I love the added strategy of conserving the tyres. It's tough to concentrate that long though and I can't feel my bum cheeks after sitting down for so long!

Strange. Never had that problem. Sure, I'm not 100% concentrated all the race, but c'mon.. How concentrated you need to be to drive a car in a game? It's so easy... You just push the pedals, rotate the wheel.. That's about it.. You think about strategy from time to time but that's fast and easy calculations so it's not that you'll think it 50% of the race.. Just relax and drive..

Actually are you thinking about other things? If not, then I was thinking about different thing. When I do my 3rd or 4th 100% race for 1 day.. On it, I'm not thinking. I'm just driving.. And I feel how my head is.. Umm.. It's strange, it doesn't hurt but the feeling is pretty close to that. And I don't think. I rotate the wheel. I drive like normal but just make too many mistakes and I'm ~1-2 seconds slower than usual. If it's that - then you just need some training. Do 2-3 more races and you'll be fine.. :D

Strange. Never had that problem. Sure, I'm not 100% concentrated all the race, but c'mon.. How concentrated you need to be to drive a car in a game? It's so easy... You just push the pedals, rotate the wheel.. That's about it.. You think about strategy from time to time but that's fast and easy calculations so it's not that you'll think it 50% of the race.. Just relax and drive..

Actually are you thinking about other things? If not, then I was thinking about different thing. When I do my 3rd or 4th 100% race for 1 day.. On it, I'm not thinking. I'm just driving.. And I feel how my head is.. Umm.. It's strange, it doesn't hurt but the feeling is pretty close to that. And I don't think. I rotate the wheel. I drive like normal but just make too many mistakes and I'm ~1-2 seconds slower than usual. If it's that - then you just need some training. Do 2-3 more races and you'll be fine.. :D

It's because I've only just turned off traction control so I had some trouble adjusting to throttle control and things like that rather than just having a lead foot.

The next thing I need to do is get used to manual gears, one by one I plan to turn all the assists I have left off (racing line, auto gears, flashbacks) and just be able to drive fast enough consistently. After that I will begin to up the AI difficulty as I get better till eventually I can actually race Legend AI competitively with no assists!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back