F1 2011 Just completed my first ever 100% race

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
As the title says i just completed my first ever 100% on F1 2011 at Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi and although i finished 4 laps down with a fastest lap of 1:47.467 it was a really enjoyable experience and one that i will definately repeat :).

The only assists i had on was the breaking line and TCS and i wasnt using any set-up apart from the engineers default one.

The way the track changed from day to night was unreal as was driving past the hotel with its changing colours.

I would love to do a 100% race.
For me, time is the thing. I have a family and I'm trying not to be a neglectful dad/husband.

I've been on the game when everyone's asleep until the small hours. In that time I could have done a 100% race but because I've only had the console/game since Jan this year, that time has been spent learning it.

Staying up that late has other consequences like falling asleep in meetings at work and waking up in a driving position, sweating, and cursing because I was just rammed off the track by a Torro Rosso. Not a good look.

I'm nearly ready for a 100% race. For me, it's something to look forward to in the game.;)

I think it can be balanced with other things in life, but I don't know how good I can get without being the young single lad I was some years back.

I'm the same ^

I am at the stage when I think that to be better and take off traction etc, then I would have to use so much time that other aspects of my life would suffer. So unfortunately I won't be able to take that extra step anytime soon

But for now I'm content with where I am. I will try a 50% race, then a 100% race soon. But I can never see myself ONLY racing 100%.

I understand the time issue completely guys. My practicing has been affected due to work commitments at the minute but hopefully from next week it would be nice to try and get at beast an hours practice in at least 3 times a week if possible.

I guess I am lucky at the minute in the sense that I am currently single so have more time available to practice so my current thinking is to make hay while the sun shines and use my available time now to get used to no assists and be comfortable with it and when I am in a relationship then I will not need as much practice in between races.

As for the 100% races, it truly is a great experience to try even if it is for just one race.

Been doing 50% for a while now and enjoying them, short enough to keep my attention but long enough that it feels like a real race and that Ive earned whatever position Im in. But after reading these posts I think I might need to try a 100%, just going into my 4th season so good time to start :)

Been doing 50% for a while now and enjoying them, short enough to keep my attention but long enough that it feels like a real race and that Ive earned whatever position Im in. But after reading these posts I think I might need to try a 100%, just going into my 4th season so good time to start :)

Just started my career all over again. (Reinstalled Windows so I didn't have a choice).

I'm playing 100% races.

I did Australia long time ago.

But now..
Yesterday: Malaysia, China
Today: Turkey (I'll do at least Catalunya too and if I have enough time left - I'll do more races).

I've been playing 50% races for a while now around these leagues (they're 50%) and now when I played a full 100% race.. It's AWESOME. You just can't imagine how good it feels. It's not so long. It's even short. On each race I didn't have enough time to make more places. I'm playing with a Virgin - on Legend. Finished 2nd in China - didn't have enough time to pass Alonso for the win. Finished 4th in Malaysia - didn't have enough time to pass the 3 guys ahead of me who were close enough to each other. Now when I look at it - it's a whole hour and a half.. But when you play it - you don't feel the time passing. You're having so much fun (when it's challenging of course... Choose a tier 5 team, or you'll win it without any problem.).

You should definitely try 100%. If you don't go on Montreal or Monaco or any track on which the AI sucks, you'll have an awesome time. :)

@Tom Endres Can you help me about Brake Balance Adjustment in Wet conditions i was Managing ok with 52 F - 48 R with Medium Pressure but in tight corners I was getting lock up in front and going out of track by loosing control

I haven't had a chance to run a wet setup in Abu Dhabi after 1.02 but I think you'd be better off using low pressure and 51/49 or 48/52. Even before 1.02 this track wasn't funny to drive in wet conditions. :)

I haven't had a chance to run a wet setup in Abu Dhabi after 1.02 but I think you'd be better off using low pressure and 51/49 or 48/52. Even before 1.02 this track wasn't funny to drive in wet conditions. :)
Not only in Abu dhabi but in other tracks also My Problem is if i use my standard break bias of 48 F - 52 R i was locking my rears and spinning out and if i use 51F -49R i was Locking my front and Loosing control
I was trying to control it very smoothly almost using a Gear or two Less than the Dry Conditions but can't get the Perfect cornering

Not only in Abu dhabi but in other tracks also My Problem is if i use my standard break bias of 48 F - 52 R i was locking my rears and spinning out and if i use 51F -49R i was Locking my front and Loosing control
I was trying to control it very smoothly almost using a Gear or two Less than the Dry Conditions but can't get the Perfect cornering

Oh, seems like I mixed up your post and what Steve said. Which tracks are you having problems with? I found that front wing settings play into brake lockups as well, pretty weird.

My Dry setup and wet setup almost same
Aero : Front wing : 9 & Rear :11
Brake Balance : F 45/48 - R 55/52 in dry F 52 - R 48 in wet
Balance : 11F - 11R
Suspension : Ride Height 1 F- 1 R
Stiffness 11 F- 11 R
Gear Box : Same as Normal
Camber and toe to max Negative values
Getting problems in High Breaking zone Points like Hair pin in china, Malaysia T1 , Germany T1
With the wet brake setting i can't get the Break right i need to approach the turn with two or one gear less than the Normal Approach

Well done Steve, now do Monaco 100% ;)

Monaco, is fun, but on 100%, somehow the AI seems to like have mor DNFs or not move on blue flags.

but Singapore, thats a challenge, in the wets :D

When i do 100% races, i always re--play a previous season race on my TV, kind of keeps me in sync without yawning too much.

to really enjoy 100% races, unless your just a starter or novice, always go for Lotus Renault or below, its fun and more challenging than lapping people by 5 laps with a Mclaren or Redbull.

Well we have done 100% Monaco club races online and it's awesome better then gp mode. Which I have plans to set up another in a few weeks times. Also have done Singapore in heavy rain in a league race last season, it was great but my result wasn't. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back