Jamie's Garage

Aritan Maia

1000RPM
Nov 25, 2008
Great pattern you found! Great colors e great yet simple design. LOVE IT!

I think I'm gonna start painting mines... When I heard about custom skins, I thought "oh, no, that boring skinning thing again. I loved iRacing that way", but I think I'm gonna surrender now, lol.

Aritan Maia

1000RPM
Nov 25, 2008
almost everyone I know downloads the custom skins, including me (for the series I run, of course). :)

Kevin Watts

1000RPM
Jun 28, 2008
Which is why www.tradingpaints.com exists; the new app synchronises your skin list.
I hope iRacing will take the skin support to the next level and do the syncing in game like Live For Speed. I know one reason they gave was legal complications but if LFS for example can do it then there has to be a way to do it. Its not a massively important feature but more of a 'feature plus' feature.

James Yates

2000RPM
Feb 19, 2008
I hope iRacing will take the skin support to the next level and do the syncing in game like Live For Speed. I know one reason they gave was legal complications but if LFS for example can do it then there has to be a way to do it. Its not a massively important feature but more of a 'feature plus' feature.
Not really needed though as currently if you want the skins you download them, if you don't want them you don't have to do anything. If it synced it there would need to be an option to turn it off for those who don't want the skins.

Kevin Watts

1000RPM
Jun 28, 2008
Downloading is a just a nuisance though, far better to have the game handle it all, it handles everything else and of course like other games that allow downloading of skins there would be an option to turn it off.

Gareth Hickling

2000RPM
Feb 17, 2008
I dont think it will ever happen, They have already written to all world championship drivers to not use custom skins due to copyright reasons in the broadcasts. They got a telling off for having a skoal painted car in a screenshot on the Nascar.com website for the race reports or something like that.

Personally I would ask why did a member of staff at iRacing download the skins to take the screenshots for Nascar.com?... Surely it was iRacings mistake.

John Martin

50RPM
Mar 11, 2009
I dont think it will ever happen, They have already written to all world championship drivers to not use custom skins due to copyright reasons in the broadcasts. They got a telling off for having a skoal painted car in a screenshot on the Nascar.com website for the race reports or something like that.

Personally I would ask why did a member of staff at iRacing download the skins to take the screenshots for Nascar.com?... Surely it was iRacings mistake.
Wow a company gets 100% free advertising and they throw a hissy fit.

Jamie Wilson

500RPM
Jul 30, 2007
I was really happy with my default MX-5 paintjob but now that the templates have been updated with the patterns I went ahead and did it properly:

(click for big)