Cars Jaguar XJ13 1967 W.I.P.

@cerebralvortex Well graphically not much, slightly different detail here and there, fenders. Physically it has narrower tires, actually has better Aero afaik, in general it is earlier stage of XJ13 development. Aphidgod knows more stuff of course as he is physics guy.

In this mod pre-crash car is using an older model than post-crash model - on which I have been working quite a bit now. Also pre-crash car doesn't have Lods. Also is a little bit louder - I left older sound on pre crash, while post crash car is a little bit silenced, because feedback.

You should feel big difference in driving post crash car, and pre crash car. They drives very differently, pre crash should feel more like mid sixties thing, and post crash more modern feel and about 2s faster.

Thanks for the help, wouldn't have thought about the header lol (unless there are more awful problems)

I have been working a lot on the model, that no one will notice, just little issues. But I actually don't even care.

There is so little proper physics discussions there, always models, very biased towards models, higher and higher quality, perfectionism getting slightly silly IMO. Maybe I think it is good enough what I wanted to give. maybe forget the model and just drive, and focus.

There is one terribly hard to make fix - fix the community.

I am waiting for my other mods to be deleted, and my requested ban, I need a force to stop coming here.

I don't agree with a great bunch of criticism, some is good, but some is either wrong or skewed. You also apparently aren't allowed to disagree with criticism. Which means healthy normal discussions can not happen. I am also disappointed about lack of attention to things that are being said, and been said. I am not participating in this Simulators (3D modeling in this community) Got Talent show. I do care about my models looking good, but I'm not a maniac about it. Finally, this is about simulation, and main thing is what the content does, how it works, and this also seems to be way off in community of what my philosophy is, and what community philosophy strongly sounds like. I feel sorry for physics people that goes deep, or wants to be creative as well.

This has gone bad. Expiration date is pretty much near.

Last edited:
Well, if your main concern is that your model looks good, then you should be able to ignore any comments that pick up on the difference between good and great. If you have met your own criteria then you have succeeded, surely.

To be honest, when I release my Feldbergring track, if I get 100 comments like "I love the trees" or "the buildings look great" or "the road feels realistic" then those comments would give me a lovely fuzzy feeling inside but wouldn't help me to make the track better. However, if I get "the cobbles feel too rough with a DD wheel" or "I get a bad FPS drop through the forest" or "the shaders look a bit flat - did you consider using more NM shaders?" - those kind of comments help improve my work. They wouldn't be a criticism of me as a person, or of my ability as a modder.

Sometimes other people just know better and I have to accept that; accept their comments as helpful and not a criticism of me. I feel we have a great community here, with almost all (if not all) members hoping for the best from each other. Why would it be any other way?

Exactly - sometimes. Not always, but sometimes. You also failed to see my point about not always agreeing with criticism. It is nice that you put yourself as example how to act, maybe you are good example, I don't say no. For you, your excellent image helps too, I don't care very much about my image being excellent....

I don't know how much times I have already repeated this. Criticism is great, but there is a point where criticism and feedback feels like support, and when it feels going far away from the point and feels like a bad joke, and no one understands it I see. I love discussions, but I see when people see someone opposing their opinions they don't understand how it can be so. It is bad. I also see that it doesn't matter if content is free or paid.

By the way with cars it is slightly different than with tracks, as there also is huge part of physics, and big part is sound. So 3Dmodel is not everything you get, perhaps a half of the thing.

As I have said, this is 3D modeling biased community. And it is becoming ridiculous if huge work is being reduced to bits, like if they were the whole thing. I could thank certain members for that, community is far from great. Perhaps it is awesome for pure 3D artist IDK, from a point of simracer - and I am active simracer, it is bad now.

I would suggest some simracers to rethink their values. But well if your goals are absolutely perfect appearance even in free mod, then I could also suggest using GTSport. It has incredible shading system, might as well help you to feel at home... oh I forgot it is not moddable. It is also not a sim, but I suppose it wouldn't be a problem, though they call it a sim, just for show. I have noticed that content which doesn't have too characteristic physics is also more popular, by the way.

I need my vacation ban I have asked for it :D I type I fight, I waste my energy and time, nothing I say matters to anyone. This community is not my anymore.

There isn't a single person in this so called community that don't appreciate the hard work of a modder and always be thankful for this work that is shared.
Thinking of the above all the feedback, good or bad, is coming from the same thankful people that will say what the feel or think or believe about the mod.
Same thing was been by me. I didn't like a version of the mod and expressed my thoughts. Did I used maybe the wrong words. Yes I might did, english is not my native language so I have to apologize for being harsh or heard offensive.
The only thing I wanted to say was to express my feelings.
Why?
Because i care about this car. I think that it's better than most mods and even by paid one like the drm mod. Maybe I am wrong but I still believe that it has a few flaws and I wish that the modder will filter the feedback without beeing too sensitive.
I still don't understand the fuzz.

I think language might have a lot to do with how some comments are perceived. God, english is my native language and sometimes I struggle to find the right words to express myself - I have no idea how non-english speakers cope; you have my full admiration.

Sometimes I just get lazy and use the easiest words, rather than the most sensitive or thoughtful. But then, we are all adults and this is just a hobby - maybe sometimes the words written here can be a little bit thoughtless, but it really shouldn't matter that much...

It's not fair to punish everyone else that had nothing to do with this. You don't have to still support the mods, just keep them up so people can enjoy them.

You don't have control over me, and you can not trol me. You already were given and it is impossible to take away, don't speak nonsense. The only one who is punished is me lol You are one by one making my decision more and more logical. You don't even care to read what I write and understand it, you don't even care to write something so it would make clear sense - definitely a language barier, sure... It is such a joke. You are reducing good stuff for little flaws, you don't take proper effort to really get down into good physics... As for physics - it is a matter of knowledge, and perception. As for model - I know it is much better than previous version, and I see people reducing it to the ground. Some members should try to be a bit more accurate and thoughtfull about things they say, it is not the first time some people boost up things, and after they REALLY gets better you say that it is worse. So many unreliable people, and so much bandwagoning, prejusticed opinions based on images and your lead guys...

Sometimes I think you don't even drive cars, just TRY them all out for 5minutes. Desperate stuff.

I would suggest to think about your own state of mind and mood, before expressing heavy opinions.

You'll still have the thing somewhere.. But you won't have me to drag.

I don't understand why I am still not in vacation ban.

I am waiting Bram to give me vacation. Somehow it is taking so long. I was even given Premium membership as attempt to give me appreciation that I seem to lack so much. Doesn't work I might say :D Was i posting lots of teasers for likes in past months ? I don't think so. Perhaps thats why you don't know how much model improved. Apart spoting few little flaws, and making them mean a lot. And I have this bad habbit of keyboarding in these places, big shame of mine. Shouldn't bother.

So the statement that I insist on staying is again misleading. Like a lot of things you post, but you have good image :)

Perhaps thats why you don't know how much model improved
I can see perfectly well how much its been improved...

ef55199ea6a718de7de5683f934de2d7.gif

(gifs apparently not working now): https://i.gyazo.com/ef55199ea6a718de7de5683f934de2d7.mp4

I am waiting Bram to give me vacation. Somehow it is taking so long. I was even given Premium membership as attempt to give me appreciation that I seem to lack so much. Doesn't work I might say :D Was i posting lots of teasers for likes in past months ? I don't think so. Perhaps thats why you don't know how much model improved. Apart spoting few little flaws, and making them mean a lot. And I have this bad habbit of keyboarding in these places, big shame of mine. Shouldn't bother.

So the statement that I insist on staying is again misleading. Like a lot of things you post, but you have good image :)
It's not particularly hard to give yourself a vacation. Nothing's forcing you to open up Racedepartment (just as nothing's forcing you to get upset - it's your decision).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back