Is the ACC AI really this bad...

This is not mean to be a bashing thread. It's more of a 'hope there is something I can do' thread. Bought ACC awhile back but never really dove into it yet. Decided to take this weekend to really try it out and see how it differs from other sims. Spent some time getting the settings right for my average system and turning some practice laps to get comfortable with how the cars handle. Love the driving feel and sounds. Graphics i'm iffy on. Some of it is that I can't max the graphics settings because of my system and some of it is the Unreal Engine was just a horrible idea to use for this game, but it just lacks something for me in the eye candy department. Doesn't look bad, but the colors and lighting don't quite look right. Too HDR looking for my tastes.

Decided to try my first race and man what a boring time that was. The AI has no race instinct in them. Even when I missed my marks and left an opening, they just refuse to pass you. I even intentionally left openings in the turns to see what they'd do and they wouldn't take them. It's almost like they are too cautious and have some built in mechanism to not make contact with you so if you get out of the racing line a bit, they think you are going to crash and back off. I double checked and have aggression set to 100% so i'm not using some low AI setting. I know AC gets a bad rap for it's AI, but I actually get some pretty good races with them. I thought ACC would be similar since it's Kunos based, but it's light years behind what I get in AC.

So is this just the way ACC's AI is or is there something I can do by editing a file or something to improve the AI? Or does Kunos just think of this as an online game and didn't put much effort into the AI?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back