PC1 Is Project CARS a simulation? lets vote!

Calling members childish name does you no favours. I f I want to play Pcars, read about it, complain about it or whatever I will. I am merely saying that members like you cannot be telling others where to go or what to do.
Hope that's clear.
Have a nice day.:thumbsup:
Bmanic has been very helpful to several members with Pcars since release whereas you are not being at all helpful. Seems you just want to be awkward towards fellow members and get peoples backs up.

Bmanic has been very helpful to several members with Pcars since release whereas you are not being at all helpful. Seems you just want to be awkward towards fellow members and get peoples backs up.

You are wrong Jim. I have already thanked Bmanic for his FFB work. So don't generalise me. You are getting my back up with this very comment. I won't let people try and belittle me on a forum and I'll suggest you read some of the WMD forum threads if you think I am making things up. I won't tell you to mind your business though because you have a right to comment.

Another persons opinion again, just becuse someone makes a youtube video is no proof of some truth.
The guy says its not as realistic as AC or the others, i wonder what he bases that idea of. Whats more realistic about those games? Handling is forgiving he says, and to hard to spin out?!?
That doesn make it less realistic, it makes it better programmed in my book.

And his funny, says grafics arnt al that, yet its the best and most "realistic" looking of them al.

What is it with you guys? Can't you accept that some people don't share the same opinions as you? Can't you accept that not everyone likes the same things and they are at liberty to say what they like. There is no need whatsoever to get uptight or upset about someone else's opinion on a game.
:rolleyes:

What is it with you guys? Can't you accept that some people don't share the same opinions as you? Can't you accept that not everyone likes the same things and they are at liberty to say what they like. There is no need whatsoever to get uptight or upset about someone else's opinion on a game.
:rolleyes:
It's the way people put their point of view across that winds people up. It comes across as forceful because they want to justify why they don't agree and why they dislike something. I don't like Assetto Corsa but I don't try and force my opinion in the ac threads, I just let the people get on and race their game.

Wow this thread has it all!
Simcader, sim, hardcore, investors, personal opinions and after 7 pages of this nothing has been accomplished on this pointless thread.
so will the simcaders, investors, self proclaimed hard cores and who ever else that's been labeled in this thread go back to there own corners and enjoy playing your game of choice :)

for future reference, the day I start getting heated on a forum over a video game that has no sole importance in the real world other than sheer entertainment.....I give you all full permission to blind side me with a shovel!

Poorly implemented Sim at the moment imo. It's simulates Racing and Driving, but I find it difficult to enjoy it, I don't feel connected to the car or the road. It could be excellent. I'll give it time (PC) So sim, but just not great for me, yet.

Last edited:
It's the way people put their point of view across that winds people up. It comes across as forceful because they want to justify why they don't agree and why they dislike something. I don't like Assetto Corsa but I don't try and force my opinion in the ac threads, I just let the people get on and race their game.

I do get on with racing the game Jim, I'm enjoying it too, especially the RD club races here. It's just members like your good self that start to make it personal with sly attacks and remarks. Nobody is forcing an opinion on anyone, they are just having opinions and stating them. The way you have put your point of view of me here is wrong and personal and insulting. You like to have your say too and you do by commenting like you do. Why don't you just let the people get on and enjoy their race games and voice their opinion when they want to?

This is a discussion forum and we discuss good elements of race games and bad elements of race games. That's what forums are for. If you or others don't like some one else's opinion on a game, there is no need to call them names or takes sides in a pointless argument, just state you disagree because of this or that, but remain friendly. Have a nice day.:thumbsup:

PS Jim, see you on track at Cadwell tonight.;):thumbsup:

Last edited:
What I've noticed over the yrs is that casual gamers are trying to marginalize experienced/hardcore gamers, so various labels such as elitist and entitled have popped up along with the implied censorship.

I shake my head in amazement at people anticipating good games after you've spent yrs trying to silence/combat those who tend to take things seriously and expect full priced work to be in good working order (a few bugs aside).

Over at ISI forums, there's no need to ask whether this is sim or simcade as those type of technically minded individuals can't be hoodwinked like a casual gamer.

Andy, when i'm back from my holidays, i hope you'll still be in mood for some pCars driving. I've seen that there's already events in the Racing Club section, so i'll be happy to race you (albeit a bit from behind, regarding my driving speed). Have a nice week gentlemen and race, don't make war.

Yes Andrej, looking forward to doing some Pcars racing with you. I can recommend BRNO with the GT class. Great stuff and fantastic track. See you soon mate. :thumbsup:

After I went back to AC for some comparison laps, I have to say pCARS is a bit more on the simcade side when it comes to forgiving driver errors (lock-ups, weight shift, curbs abuse), but still far away from what Codemasters try to sell as 'simcade'. So it's definitely a lot of fun and allows for some good racing and I must admit, the graphics are a big plus for me, because just in terms of visuals pCARS 'simulates' reality much better than an other (serious) racing game.

I think PCars is a simulator without doubts for me, IMO.
If you don´t feel the FFB, the simulator fades, so FFB is the centre of the Universe.
I feel my T500rs perfectly, like AC, even better, feeling the car everytime. I explain here, thanks to @Skazz tips. :)
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...er-t500rs-settings.105049/page-2#post-2005998

Before that, I felt the FFB good but I missed the progressive forces. Now I don´t find big differences with AC. I think prototypes are the strong point, I can feel those cars perfectly from my FFB.

Then, I would like to know, (with this deep car settings, the feeling when the tyres wear, the feeling under wet and rain, the rear spin when you start to traction after a turn, the countersteer, the weight transfer, the lock tyres, the great AI fighting hard (too hard sometimes yes), the downforce feeling, the slipstreaming, the awesome weather, the sound, the inmersion, etc. ) how is possible to doubt about if this is a simulator or not?

Think for a moment in iRacing with this FFB as good as I feel it, ((iRacing has been struggling with tyre model and FFB without success for me, how many settings do you have to adjust your FFB forces? 2?)) with these deep setting in all cars, with that weather, etc ..., PCars has much better FFB and much better tyre model, so could I say that it is not a simulator?

Of course, there are some bugs and things for improving and to complete, there is a big list in the official forums, but do you really don´t feel the LMP´s very good, don´t you feel when the car starts to lose grip, to slide, to lose the rear tyres, to start to spin, don´t you feel the progressive downforce in fast turns or in slow turns ...
I don´t find anything for saying PCars is not a race simulator (ofc could be improved like any other thing in life and I am sure it will be improved sooner than later) ;)

(excuse my English)

I think PCars is a simulator without doubts for me, IMO.
If you don´t feel the FFB, the simulator fades, so FFB is the centre of the Universe.
I
(excuse my English)

I like a good mix of ffb and physics whereby i want the ffb to translate what the cars doing, but if the cars underlying physics are out by a significant margin (so as to allow casuals to avoid the perils of change of direction and applied braking), then i begin to question the value of driving it at all.

I do get on with racing the game Jim, I'm enjoying it too, especially the RD club races here. It's just members like your good self that start to make it personal with sly attacks and remarks. Nobody is forcing an opinion on anyone, they are just having opinions and stating them. The way you have put your point of view of me here is wrong and personal and insulting. You like to have your say too and you do by commenting like you do. Why don't you just let the people get on and enjoy their race games and voice their opinion when they want to?

This is a discussion forum and we discuss good elements of race games and bad elements of race games. That's what forums are for. If you or others don't like some one else's opinion on a game, there is no need to call them names or takes sides in a pointless argument, just state you disagree because of this or that, but remain friendly. Have a nice day.:thumbsup:

PS Jim, see you on track at Cadwell tonight.;):thumbsup:

member like my good self that make it personal with sly attacks and remarks?

Tell me where in my 2 posts have I've been sly, personal or anything.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.