is a clean windscreen too much to ask for?

scottiedawg66

500RPM
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
It's a small critique, and I hope there is a solution. But holy crap the dirty windscreens drive me nuts in AC, despicably when leaving the pits. Who leaves the pits with a dirty windscreen?!?

Is there a way to remove the dirt / chips from the windscreens in AC? I don't care if I need to modify files Its already tough enough to see via Oculus :coffee:

Ghoults

1000RPM
Mar 30, 2009
It is just a texture in most cases. There are some clean windscreen mods for that too here I think. Some to make it dirtier and some to make it clearer. You'd need that mod for every car.

scottiedawg66

500RPM
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
Pretty sure the shader lights patch cuts this effect by 90%.
I poked around in there for a specific setting to reduce this but did not see it, however given the depth of shaders I probably should check again.

Jason Mullin

500RPM
Mar 3, 2018
Sky is the limit with the shader patch, you can completely remove the glass if you want.

I would attach a link I found today but it's against the board rules, but it's out there if you search, or perhaps someone here could do a walk through.

Andrew_WOT

4000RPM
May 11, 2014
I was asking for this on shader discord, not sure there is a solution. There is support for removing/blurring shadows on windscreen when car starts moving but this is it.

scottiedawg66

500RPM
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
Yes I have messed with that setting checked again and did not see a way to clean the windscreen....

scottiedawg66

500RPM
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
Sky is the limit with the shader patch, you can completely remove the glass if you want.

I would attach a link I found today but it's against the board rules, but it's out there if you search, or perhaps someone here could do a walk through.
Perhaps you should send a link via PM?

Reactions: Jason Mullin

scottiedawg66

500RPM
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
bumping this, still looking for a way to disable the dirty / scratched windscreens . There is a way to remove the windscreens via editing the car file but I am hoping for a better solution. How am I the only one that is annoyed by this. :coffee:

Johnr777

500RPM
Premium
Jun 25, 2017
It’s all tied to the shader/texture used by the mod creator, don’t think there’s much you can do other than extracting the texture and editing it. The CM function everyone is talking about is just to make shadows look better with the windscreen shader... or editing mod INIs in the extension folder (not the easiest solution)

Reactions: scottiedawg66
Aug 10, 2015
bumping this, still looking for a way to disable the dirty / scratched windscreens . There is a way to remove the windscreens via editing the car file but I am hoping for a better solution. How am I the only one that is annoyed by this. :coffee:
Nope, you are not...I'd love to be able to drive with cleaner windscreens

scottiedawg66

500RPM
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
thanks, I was looking for updates on the trello site, looks like its all moved to discord now?

Rogerbee

500RPM
May 2, 2018
When I installed it and opened Content Manager, I thought I'd installed the wrong one as the remove dirt option wasn't there. Then I restarted my PC and it was there. So, that's something to remember in future. Install something new and restart so it works.