is a clean windscreen too much to ask for?

It's a small critique, and I hope there is a solution. But holy crap the dirty windscreens drive me nuts in AC, despicably when leaving the pits. Who leaves the pits with a dirty windscreen?!?

Is there a way to remove the dirt / chips from the windscreens in AC? I don't care if I need to modify files Its already tough enough to see via Oculus :coffee:

It is just a texture in most cases. There are some clean windscreen mods for that too here I think. Some to make it dirtier and some to make it clearer. You'd need that mod for every car.

Sky is the limit with the shader patch, you can completely remove the glass if you want.

I would attach a link I found today but it's against the board rules, but it's out there if you search, or perhaps someone here could do a walk through.

• Deleted member 197115

I was asking for this on shader discord, not sure there is a solution. There is support for removing/blurring shadows on windscreen when car starts moving but this is it.
HairyNextBordercollie-size_restricted.gif

bumping this, still looking for a way to disable the dirty / scratched windscreens . There is a way to remove the windscreens via editing the car file but I am hoping for a better solution. How am I the only one that is annoyed by this. :coffee:

It’s all tied to the shader/texture used by the mod creator, don’t think there’s much you can do other than extracting the texture and editing it. The CM function everyone is talking about is just to make shadows look better with the windscreen shader... or editing mod INIs in the extension folder (not the easiest solution)

When I installed it and opened Content Manager, I thought I'd installed the wrong one as the remove dirt option wasn't there. Then I restarted my PC and it was there. So, that's something to remember in future. Install something new and restart so it works.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.3%