iRacing | NASCAR K&N Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Check out this rather epic looking new video preview of the in development new iRacing damage model - heading to the NASCAR K&N car this coming March.

We've already got a very limited release of the new damage model for iRacing within the simulation at present, however the US based team are continuing to work hard at implementing the new technology widely across the title, and with the NASCAR based content proving to be one of the most popular categories within iRacing, it is perhaps inevitable that the best stockcars in the world are the next to receive the new features.

Heading to iRacing as part of the 'season 2' build update this March, the NASCAR K&N car will be fully smash and crashable as part of the new build (did I really use 'crashable' in an article?!?), and judging from this work-in-progress video below, it looks like it is going to be spectacular!

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

iRacing is available exclusively for PC.

Got a question about the simulation? Post a thread and ask our awesome community right here at the iRacing sub forum at RaceDepartment!

iRacing Damage 1.jpg
iRacing Damage 2.jpg

Last edited:
For shits and giggles a few days ago I decided to give the ovals a try (not an oval racer) and found it surprisingly fun.
I decided I'd race one series next season, so I checked my D license to see if if I had any content and the K&N Nascar was one of them. :)

The new damage model and tire model will be a nice addition.
Will so how it goes lol

I was really hoping for the GT3 & GTE cars to receive the new TM in the next update as I planned to run either the IMSA or Blancpain Series to maximize my season credits.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.