iRacing | NASCAR K&N Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Check out this rather epic looking new video preview of the in development new iRacing damage model - heading to the NASCAR K&N car this coming March.

We've already got a very limited release of the new damage model for iRacing within the simulation at present, however the US based team are continuing to work hard at implementing the new technology widely across the title, and with the NASCAR based content proving to be one of the most popular categories within iRacing, it is perhaps inevitable that the best stockcars in the world are the next to receive the new features.

Heading to iRacing as part of the 'season 2' build update this March, the NASCAR K&N car will be fully smash and crashable as part of the new build (did I really use 'crashable' in an article?!?), and judging from this work-in-progress video below, it looks like it is going to be spectacular!

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

iRacing is available exclusively for PC.

Got a question about the simulation? Post a thread and ask our awesome community right here at the iRacing sub forum at RaceDepartment!

iRacing Damage 1.jpg
iRacing Damage 2.jpg

Last edited:
i never understand why Viper racing already dit it 2 decades earlier and nobody but beam ng could really do it now. RBR also had realistic damage model !
Oh man I totally forgot that game. If I'm not mistaken even getting a bump too fast could break your suspension, great racing game.
Lots of stuff done in the past isn't done now and I cant understand why, simracing just keeps going backwards on some important aspects :(

Nice, too bad it's only iRacing, this should be a MUST in all sims. So silly to have a "simulator" without realistic damage!
Even Carmageddon II over 20 years ago had better damage physics than most "real" sims out there today. Hope the rest will follow this example.

Impressive, I did not see much paint being lost to the wall, though, don't know how much remains stuck after a real life crash.
Talking about VIPER racing, that was a great title, went and watched some laps people posted, really loved the game, just a pity it never expanded into VIPER II, III etc.

Looks good.Great series to start with because there is usually plenty of contact..
The annoying thing about Iracing when they introduce new or much improved features is that this will be implemented on the K&N car & then the other series/cars keep the same damage model for how long?Pitstop mechanic animations have been available in the Nascar Cup series,you get used to it & then race in another series & they are invisible again.The AI is great but their are limited cars at limited tracks.How long before we can race a full field of AI at Le Mans?

M D Gourley

Premium
Oh, no...it's Wreckfest for Nascars :laugh::rolleyes:....joking aside, this looks very good and I liked how the bonnet flipped up to cover the windscreen as you do not often get that, as it usually just flies off....among other things. Glad I have re-subbed now as the Nascar AI is awesome...speaking as a total noob:):thumbsup:. I will give iRacing props though as they are doing a fantastic job with the AI and now adding a decent damage model as well, good work :inlove:

Looks really impressive. The new damage model has made the biggest impact to skippy and F3 though. Racing around a track and seeing a wheel hop down the road at 100mph is terrifying, especially knowing it will damage your car if you hit it.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.8%
  • €3001-5000