iRacing: IndyCar Animated Pitcrew Lands Next Patch

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Remember when iRacing pushed live limited animated pitcrew visuals back in 2017? Well now it's set to drop for IndyCar as well in the upcoming 'Holiday Season' update!

Initially released back on December 5th 2017 for some of the most popular NASCAR content, it has taken the American team a little while to roll out this pretty cool feature more widely within the simulation since then, however it looks like another step towards a more immersive looking game world is about to become reality, with the team behind the popular online racing sim confirming the super fast IndyCar content is due to receive animated pitcrew graphics - and it comes in the next build!

iRacing Pitcrew Animation 1.jpg
iRacing Pitcrew Animation 2.jpg

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

I find it really funny with these games and there pitstops,
me and the wife was laid in bed laughing a few nights ago watching a video on utube,

basically 20+ years ago games had very good damage systems, pitstops and major major features also,
but what exactly as happened since ?

because all these games keep showing pitstops and features as though they just invented the wheel,
so so proud of there achievements adding such basic features,
its like 2019 not 0019 all these things should be added from day one,
its took all this time to add a few animations of some guys changing the tyres ?
when did they decide this when they hit 50,000,000 in sales ?
watch this video its important and remember it because its relevant.
Spot on mate... considering how games like GP4 did years ago you'd expect now we should have pit crews helping us to get out of pits when there are too many cars around, like here
Some level of animated repairs and rescue teams towing our cars or pushing them to the side if player want it more like Europe than US. For that you'd actually need better damage model and gravel traps. The lack of immersion is killing my desire for simracing really. I watch a real life race and I think how cool is everything that happens there then you start a game...... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Some sims cant even do FCY in 2018..... holy :poop:

Spot on mate... considering how games like GP4 did years ago you'd expect now we should have pit crews helping us to get out of pits when there are too many cars around, like here
Some level of animated repairs and rescue teams towing our cars or pushing them to the side if player want it more like Europe than US. For that you'd actually need better damage model and gravel traps. The lack of immersion is killing my desire for simracing really. I watch a real life race and I think how cool is everything that happens there then you start a game...... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Some sims cant even do FCY in 2018..... holy :poop:
I just sit scratching my head honestly,
where simply did it all go wrong I keep asking myself,
one thought comes to mind a lot when I think about these things,
and I am unsure if its related or not, but when I think about all the lack of such basic fundamental features getting missed from all these so called AAA titles, the top thought and 1st thought is DLC Power!

I mean take away the true power of DLC and games in this current generation of games and the sheer number of sales it brings,
why on earth would they miss such basic features then show them on a golden platter like they just invented fire ?

because everyone is so consumed with making and making content for DLC and addons,
there is no one left to even consider adding such basic features,

this is my personal opinion anyways sad but true. :)

Last edited:
and there it is:

"This release includes The Chili Bowl dirt oval track, and the fully animated IndyCar pit crews for all Dallara models! We've also included some fixes to keep your racing at top-notch to help you bring in the new year. Happy Holidays!

CHANGE LOG:

UPDATES:

iRacing BETA Interface

- Fixed a background issue that was causing some users to experience a slow response when taking some interface actions.

Rendering

- A curative elixir has been given to all crew members who were suffering from a metallic skin condition. Hopefully, there are no lasting side effects.

- Fixed an issue where headlight flare effects were not rendering correctly during the day.

- Fixed an issue where the sky was not appearing behind the rest of the scene, and at a distance in 3D, when using nVidia3D.

Dynamic Sky

- Fixed an issue where track-side objects could turn black at twilight when vehicle headlights were disabled.

- Some diffuse light is now added to the reflections of objects at night. This will correct an issue, as seen on the cones at Lime Rock Park, where reflective areas could appear black at night.

- Fixed an issue where static shadows on the track surface were not turning on or off when getting in or out of a car with different Replay vs Graphics settings.

- Fixed an issue with cloud lighting where it would incorrectly dim and then get brighter again at sunset and sunrise.

Time of Day

- The "Clock:" label has been changed to "Sim Time:" on the Replay screen.

- The short day-of-week name has been added to the displayed value, and changed the color of the value from red to black so that it does not stand out as much as the Session Time.

Pit Stops

- Fully animated IndyCar pit crews have been hired to work on all Dallara models!
- - Dallara DW12
- - Dallara F3
- - Dallara IR18
- - Indycar Dallara - 2011
- - - Be sure to take a pit stop with one of these cars to see the team in action!

- A rule change for GTE pit stops has been implemented.
- - Cars must now re-fuel first and may only change tires once re-fueling is complete. This addresses both Members' requests and the anticipated change in real-life WEC rules for the 2019/20 season.

Telemetry

- The variable name "dc" has been changed to "dp" based on if a driver control is tied to the F7 black box or not.

- Fixed an issue where the "TimeOfDay:" and "Date:" strings were not being pulled correctly.

CARS:

Dallara IR18

- Fixed an issue where some wheels on opponent cars were not spinning correctly or were floating above the ground.

NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 - 2018

- Additional details have been added to more distant LODs of this vehicle to reduce popping seen when the model and textures down-sample.

TRACKS:

Charlotte Motor Speedway

- The flagger is now properly situated in his box.

- Removed some of the extra blue cones that block off the old Roval configuration road.

- Fixed a bump located at the exit of the infield road course near the light pole, and stitched up a terrain seam under the pit-out wall.

The Chili Bowl

- NEW TRACK!
- - The Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals, a brand new indoor dirt oval track, is now available for purchase in the iRacing Store!
- - Located at the Tulsa Expo Center in Oklahoma, racers from around the country across multiple disciplines come together to bear witness to what has been dubbed the 'Super Bowl of Midget Racing'. The Chili Bowl Midget Nationals is a prestigious dirt racing event that has seen the likes of Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne, Christopher Bell, Kyle Larson, Rico Abreu, and the Swindell family fill the grids. The inaugural Chili Bowl was organized by Lanny Edwards and partner Emmett Hahn. It was named after a local company who sponsored the first event. The race has been hosted at the Tulsa Expo Center since it was founded in 1987. The inaugural 1987 event consisted of 52 midgets competing in the 2-day event. The event now consists of four days of qualifiers for the Saturday night A-main event. The Chili Bowl's key ingredient is the clay which once covered the adjacent fairgrounds. Without sun or wind to harm it, the indoor garden (roughly a quarter-mile circle) is heavily saturated so that the boldest dirt track artists of our time can truly shine. It accommodates over two hundred race rigs, bleachers for thousands of people, and an ever-growing trade show. To stroll the aisles of Tulsa's QuikTrip Center, the home of The Golden Driller, is to rub shoulders with champions from across America.

- Grab yourself a helping of the fabled indoor dirt oval from the iRacing Store!

Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans

- Additional lightmaps have been added for greater detail at night.

Williams Grove Speedway

- Fixed a terrain seam located on an access road on T2 outside access road."

source: iRacing homepage

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 84 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.2%
  • Trophies