iRacing: IndyCar Animated Pitcrew Lands Next Patch

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Remember when iRacing pushed live limited animated pitcrew visuals back in 2017? Well now it's set to drop for IndyCar as well in the upcoming 'Holiday Season' update!

Initially released back on December 5th 2017 for some of the most popular NASCAR content, it has taken the American team a little while to roll out this pretty cool feature more widely within the simulation since then, however it looks like another step towards a more immersive looking game world is about to become reality, with the team behind the popular online racing sim confirming the super fast IndyCar content is due to receive animated pitcrew graphics - and it comes in the next build!

iRacing Pitcrew Animation 1.jpg
iRacing Pitcrew Animation 2.jpg

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

I find it really funny with these games and there pitstops,
me and the wife was laid in bed laughing a few nights ago watching a video on utube,

basically 20+ years ago games had very good damage systems, pitstops and major major features also,
but what exactly as happened since ?

because all these games keep showing pitstops and features as though they just invented the wheel,
so so proud of there achievements adding such basic features,
its like 2019 not 0019 all these things should be added from day one,
its took all this time to add a few animations of some guys changing the tyres ?
when did they decide this when they hit 50,000,000 in sales ?
watch this video its important and remember it because its relevant.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.7%
  • €151-500

Votes: 133 26.7%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 86 17.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 10.0%
  • €3001-5000