iRacing | Indy Pro and US F2000 Are Coming

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have confirmed not one, but two new junior open wheel cars are heading to the service in the very near future.

Having recently announced the USF2000 and Indy Pro cars will be making their debut in iRacing this coming June, the American development team have now released the first in game images of the cars in action.

Adding much needed depth to the junior US racing scene, both cars are developed by the Italian Tatuus manufacturer, and perform an important role as stepping stones for aspiring professional American racing drivers.

iRacing have confirmed the the Indy Pro 2000 will replace the current Class C Star Mazda when it releases in June, and the US F2000 is set to replace the Dallara F3 in fixed Class D, with the Dallara moving up a rank to C.

While we await release, you can check out the new preview images posted by iRacing below:

iRacing 1.jpg

iRacing is an PC exclusive racing simulation, predominantly for online gameplay.

Check the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment for hints, tips and tricks from our community to help you get the most from this simulation.

iRacing 2.jpg

Last edited:
I don't really race ovals, but wouldn't mind them adding more lower level oval cars to mess around with. I am not buying a NASCAR just to do AI where I would buy the GTP to just do AI :p

I was never an oval guy at all, purely road...loved touring cars, DTM and gt racing.
As I've moved up the divisions in iracing I've realized the fast guys are really fast and the door to door racing is a bit less....asides from the few seconds it takes to be passed by one of the aliens.

I started screwing around with some of the free oval content during week 12 & 13 of last season and instantly got hooked to the racing.
Tons of free lower class and legacy oval content available with the base subscription, just not available for ai yet...give it time.

We always talk about how door to door racing excites us...oval racing delivers that at a whole new level.
I use to be one of those..."how hard is it to turn left" "it's boring" guys.
To realizing it's hard, extremely intense, and alot more to it.
Driving at 150mph + in a pack inches away from you, engines roaring from all sides, scared shitless that someone is gonna lose it and take everyone out is insane!

Long story short I bought alot of oval content in the past few weeks lol
Well worth ever penny too!
The oval community in iracing is massive so it will never be difficult to find official races.

Glad to see more oval AI released in today's build, tho I would never of bought any content just to race ai.
I only purchase content to compete in seasons play.

Last edited:
Wooot, just did my first laps against the oval AI at Charlotte, it's like brilliant Nascar04 all over again, downloaded a skin and driving ability nascar2020 grid from tradingpaints and it was so so so much fun. Needless to say, I never got past lap22 or so, need to still balance their speed and my speed, but really nice experience. Will definitely check out the speed in the online practice sessions, who knows. I did two or three seasons some six or so years back and stopped playing because I didn't have the time needed to develop the skill set.

I was never an oval guy at all, purely road...loved touring cars, DTM and gt racing.
As I've moved up the divisions in iracing I've realized the fast guys are really fast and the door to door racing is a bit less....asides from the few seconds it takes to be passed by one of the aliens.

I started screwing around with some of the free oval content during week 12 & 13 of last season and instantly got hooked to the racing.
Tons of free lower class and legacy oval content available with the base subscription, just not available for ai yet...give it time.

We always talk about how door to door racing excites us...oval racing delivers that at a whole new level.
I use to be one of those..."how hard is it to turn left" "it's boring" guys.
To realizing it's hard, extremely intense, and alot more to it.
Driving at 150mph + in a pack inches away from you, engines roaring from all sides, scared shitless that someone is gonna lose it and take everyone out is insane!

Long story short I bought alot of oval content in the past few weeks lol
Well worth ever penny too!
The oval community in iracing is massive so it will never be difficult to find official races.

Glad to see more oval AI released in today's build, tho I would never of bought any content just to race ai.
I only purchase content to compete in seasons play.

Oh I raced ovals from the original Nascar game from Papyrus up to about 2007 when I had an Italian teammate in my Nascar truck series league I was in. He taught me how to properly road race in the trucks and I have never really looked back. :) Anymore I just hate dealing with the cautions in oval races. Ai would be perfect for me for ovals at this point, especially short track.

Wooot, just did my first laps against the oval AI at Charlotte, it's like brilliant Nascar04 all over again, downloaded a skin and driving ability nascar2020 grid from tradingpaints and it was so so so much fun. Needless to say, I never got past lap22 or so, need to still balance their speed and my speed, but really nice experience. Will definitely check out the speed in the online practice sessions, who knows. I did two or three seasons some six or so years back and stopped playing because I didn't have the time needed to develop the skill set.

FYI all the oval series have a fixed series now, the open series you absolutely need a tune.

Oval tuning for me is second language I don't understand

The problem is that Iracing handles historic content half-a****.
They just throw one or two pieces of content in and call it a day.
Kamel GT was dead on arrival with just one GTP and a GTO which only a handful of people are able to drive fast because of the weird 4wd.
Why not add a Porsche 962 (the prototype of the 80s) and a Mustang GTO? I bet the series would be more popular.

The Lotus 79 is a fantastic car but why not add two more cars to that series?

I know that historic content is not that fancy but there are "paying) members out there who'd be happy about it.

Ah, before I forget: 90s CART. Just looking at the average playerbase and the average age my guess is that many of them grew up with Indycar Racing 1 & 2 so it would make perfect sense to add such thing. Iracing however ignores a thread since couple of month (or years?) asking for a 90s CART.

I can tell that they loose me as a customer in the long term when there's nothing changing in the future in this regard.

Edit: my hope is that they add the GTP and Lotus 79 to AI racing because the AI is pretty good already.
Adding more cars won't fix anything. Series would be alive for maybe 1 season more max.
Reality is that most people just don't race old cars. Although with AI at least you can hope that you will be able to drive car more.

The problem is that Iracing handles historic content half-a****.
They just throw one or two pieces of content in and call it a day.
Kamel GT was dead on arrival with just one GTP and a GTO which only a handful of people are able to drive fast because of the weird 4wd.
Why not add a Porsche 962 (the prototype of the 80s) and a Mustang GTO? I bet the series would be more popular.

The Lotus 79 is a fantastic car but why not add two more cars to that series?
What what?
Are you me? :roflmao:
That was exactly my thought when I aborted my membership.
My 2 favorite cars was the Nissan GTP ZX-T and the Lotus 79.
But both the Nissans Kamel series and the Lotus socalled "Classic" series were ghost towns with so few participants that the races seldom got official.
And a Porsche 962 and as example another "ground effect" car Williams FW07 could probably have helped on this.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: If iRacing had some guts they could also have introduced an uortodox "ground effect" car the Brabham BT46B ‘Fan Car:roflmao:

1.jpg

Reactions: F_B
slow drivers always use the setup as a random excuse
Exactly.:thumbsup:
As a driver who love to use a lot of time to polish my setups its a pain in the ass allways to hear people with no intention to understand what a setup does (and not does:sneaky:) moaning all the times about others possibility to change parameters in a setup.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: From my days in iRacing I can remember it was often the same people who arrived 2 min before race start - yelling the mandatory "Does someone have a setup"?
Hehe and you could be sure the mandatory next question was "How much fuel do you need"? :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back