iRacing | Indy Pro and US F2000 Are Coming

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have confirmed not one, but two new junior open wheel cars are heading to the service in the very near future.

Having recently announced the USF2000 and Indy Pro cars will be making their debut in iRacing this coming June, the American development team have now released the first in game images of the cars in action.

Adding much needed depth to the junior US racing scene, both cars are developed by the Italian Tatuus manufacturer, and perform an important role as stepping stones for aspiring professional American racing drivers.

iRacing have confirmed the the Indy Pro 2000 will replace the current Class C Star Mazda when it releases in June, and the US F2000 is set to replace the Dallara F3 in fixed Class D, with the Dallara moving up a rank to C.

While we await release, you can check out the new preview images posted by iRacing below:

iRacing 1.jpg

iRacing is an PC exclusive racing simulation, predominantly for online gameplay.

Check the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment for hints, tips and tricks from our community to help you get the most from this simulation.

iRacing 2.jpg

Last edited:
I really don't get iRacing's focus on feeder series open wheelers. Every sim has plenty of them, just think of the recently added Tatuus cars for rF2. They are also not exiting from a driving standpoint. Of course they can provide great racing but they even can do so in your average open lobby races.

I really don't get iRacing's focus on feeder series open wheelers. Every sim has plenty of them, just think of the recently added Tatuus cars for rF2. They are also not exiting from a driving standpoint. Of course they can provide great racing but they even can do so in your average open lobby races.
Because that is rF2 and not iRacing. Why would they bank on a different sim for their feeder series, when the whole point of iRacing is to recreate a realistic career ascension.

F_B

Premium
Look at the participation of all the existing historic content iRacing has. Adding more won't fix that.

The problem is that Iracing handles historic content half-a****.
They just throw one or two pieces of content in and call it a day.
Kamel GT was dead on arrival with just one GTP and a GTO which only a handful of people are able to drive fast because of the weird 4wd.
Why not add a Porsche 962 (the prototype of the 80s) and a Mustang GTO? I bet the series would be more popular.

The Lotus 79 is a fantastic car but why not add two more cars to that series?

I know that historic content is not that fancy but there are "paying) members out there who'd be happy about it.

Ah, before I forget: 90s CART. Just looking at the average playerbase and the average age my guess is that many of them grew up with Indycar Racing 1 & 2 so it would make perfect sense to add such thing. Iracing however ignores a thread since couple of month (or years?) asking for a 90s CART.

I can tell that they loose me as a customer in the long term when there's nothing changing in the future in this regard.

Edit: my hope is that they add the GTP and Lotus 79 to AI racing because the AI is pretty good already.

I agree about the lack of a LMP2/DPI but Steve Meyers has commented on this issue many times. They have been waiting for IMSA & the ACO to agree on a common regulation for this class so that they can fill two series with one car. I’ve also been waiting for this for years. And now that the ACO & IMSA have got their act together we may get what we want.

This.
I would actually buy some of the historics if they add them to the AI. I have been really impressed with the AI offerings so far.
+1 waiting for AI to cover the historic stuff I own and never use because the guys in the series are all nice but out of this world dedicated and superfast. Rumour has it that today's update will feature some more ovals for AI.
edit: as I am writing, the update has been released:
"New AI content is available!
- - The following tracks are now available for use with AI Racing:
- - - Charlotte Motor Speedway - Oval - 2018
- - - Kentucky Speedway - Oval

- AI Drivers have completed lessons on the following topics:
- - Oval driving tactics.
- - Driving through tight areas of the track, especially with traffic.
- - Calculating the ideal speed for their current location on the track.
- - Reacting and stabilizing when forced to switch their driving line.
- - Fuel use strategy.
- - Exiting the pits during Practice Sessions.
- - Lateral movements during pit entry and exit.
- - Post-collision pit return strategy.
- - Passing the field as a Lucky Dog.

- AI Drivers have received some additional training with the following vehicles:
- - NASCAR Cup Series Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- - NASCAR Cup Series Ford Mustang
- - NASCAR Cup Series Toyota Camry

- AI Drivers now have a greater margin for error when calculating fuel strategy.

- AI Vehicles now utilize more accurate tire conditioning and tire degradation characteristics over the course of a race. "

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

yep, that was a classic dead end. but I did three or so seasons in the smaller version and enjoyed it, so the investment paid off, never bought the big one.
Yep, was talkin' about the 2.0 ...it's my 7th season in this car (my favorite in the service), I was waiting for an excuse to quit (fr2.0 is no longer what it was in the begining, in term of driver' behaviour), 3.5 is a blast, but deserted :(
Don't know wich one will be released first between the bmW GT4 and these formula cars ...I'd like to go in GT4, but too much curious about the usf2000 (sorts of F4)...
@++

I'm still hanging for a new LMP2, tbh not much else would get me excited with iracing at the moment, that's not a dig exactly, more that they have so many bases covered, just need an LMP2 or DPI

Definetaly agree with you, but when you post this in offical iRacing forum they will say to you that you're a troll.
I tried it so often but always, the staff or just "the community" will kidding you.
It's ridiculous, but these dumb Ice guys are just far from reality and bring you next 2 b...*** cars nobody needs.
Try your luck in offical forum and get some chips and a coke! :D

+1 waiting for AI to cover the historic stuff I own and never use because the guys in the series are all nice but out of this world dedicated and superfast. Rumour has it that today's update will feature some more ovals for AI.
edit: as I am writing, the update has been released:
"New AI content is available!
- - The following tracks are now available for use with AI Racing:
- - - Charlotte Motor Speedway - Oval - 2018
- - - Kentucky Speedway - Oval

- AI Drivers have completed lessons on the following topics:
- - Oval driving tactics.
- - Driving through tight areas of the track, especially with traffic.
- - Calculating the ideal speed for their current location on the track.
- - Reacting and stabilizing when forced to switch their driving line.
- - Fuel use strategy.
- - Exiting the pits during Practice Sessions.
- - Lateral movements during pit entry and exit.
- - Post-collision pit return strategy.
- - Passing the field as a Lucky Dog.

- AI Drivers have received some additional training with the following vehicles:
- - NASCAR Cup Series Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- - NASCAR Cup Series Ford Mustang
- - NASCAR Cup Series Toyota Camry

- AI Drivers now have a greater margin for error when calculating fuel strategy.

- AI Vehicles now utilize more accurate tire conditioning and tire degradation characteristics over the course of a race. "

I don't really race ovals, but wouldn't mind them adding more lower level oval cars to mess around with. I am not buying a NASCAR just to do AI where I would buy the GTP to just do AI :p

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • €3001-5000