iRacing.com Mercedes AMG GT3 first Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing.com have leaked a short sneak preview of some very cool upcoming content: the 2016 Mercedes AMG GT3 race car.

Shown off in a 'camouflage' testing livery at the legendary Nordschleife in Germany, the Stuttgarts' new GT3 Challenger will be available to iRacing customers for purchase as soon as next month!

Adding to an already impressive roster of GT3 machinery in the online-only sim, the new Mercedes AMG GT3 is the latest in a long line of successful GT3 variants from AMG, having secured an impressive 187 victories since making its competition debut in 2010.

2016-mercedes-amg-gt3-race-car 1.jpg

With a strong showing in the recent Bathurst 12 hour considering they were running the older generation SLS GT3, 2016 marks an important year in GT racing for the German manufacturer and soon iRacing subscribers will be able to share in that adventure.

Further details concerning this new content have yet to be released but stay tuned to RaceDepartment.com for more information in the coming weeks!

2016-mercedes-amg-gt3-race-car 2.jpg

Will you be purchasing the new car when its released next month? What's your favorite iRacing GT3 at the moment? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kunos interior sound for the AMG is very nice, the exterior is horrendous. Whereas iRacing's external sounds are typically very very good, and their internal sounds aren't that great (Z4 GT3 is a great example of this).

Good on iRacing for this :thumbsup:
It's about time they started beefing up their GT3 content. :)

Kunos interior sound for the AMG is very nice, the exterior is horrendous. Whereas iRacing's external sounds are typically very very good, and their internal sounds aren't that great (Z4 GT3 is a great example of this).

Good on iRacing for this :thumbsup:
It's about time they started beefing up their GT3 content. :)
I agree the exterior sounds are better...but better does not = real :D Hopefully they are able to get some good exterior samples as the car gets raced in new series.

With a strong showing in the recent ""Bathurst 24 hour"" considering they were running the older generation SLS GT3, I understand its 6:13 am for me, but someone needs some sleep.

guys dont turn this into a iracing versus kunos thing. both sides get pissed off and in all seriousness its a landslide victory for one over the other anyways. Im happy that iracing gets new content but ill never try it because i personally dont like their costs, doesnt mean im gonna complain, just dont play it. Why cant people just be more reasonable instead of forcing crap down peoples throats. Oh you how dare you like this over the that.

AC has very bad sounds in general, specialy internal .. AMG happends to be one of few with acceptable sounds .. at this mmnt not even R3E has good sounds of Merc GT3 (SLS in their case) ... this sounds fine ..

Seems like AMG on a rampage campaign to promote their products, as well as everyone is crazy about the new cars, I mean, HTP Motorsport got 4 of them. I wonder if that is truly a marketing thing that they have a good offer for simulator developers on the new model; remember how Kunos got it as a standalone?

Either way its great that there are more and more software where you can experience GT3, which is the most popular touring series in the world at the moment.

I wish there were some demos for iRacing, last time I have tried it, I did not like the feel so much, it felt more distant than Assetto Corsa; besides I focus on GT3 and mostly European racing, so even if I were to buy a month subscription, I would still have to dump in a ton of money to get a few tracks and at least 1 car. Good thing Laguna Seca is included.

Dot use I racing yet still concerned with the cost,saying that I watched the inside sim racing live stream,in the chat the guys were saying yo can get appearance fees and other incentives to basically bring you monthly fees to £5.

Other than that I racing is been looking better and better with lots of new content and this would be the next stumbling block,to buy it all ,I'm the kind of person that wants it all Asap
And the tracks and cars are pretty expensive as far as I'm lead to believe.

Anyone with the full roster have more info on costs ?

Cheer

Im like you, I want all the content right away. I own all the road racing content, but that was accumulated since 2008, where it was more expensive back then. My only advice would be to purchase one car and the tracks needed for the month, almost the price for a full console game. I base pricing and purchasing on current console gaming, this month alone ive spend $80 alone on new upcoming games. Each month there are new games coming out that are $50-60, so its either those or content for iR, which over years I put towards iRacing and never felt bad about it, its my hobby and I've gotten plenty of enjoyment out of it. The price of tracks can be from $12-15 and cars are $12, so four tracks and a car rounds close to $60, like I stated before. Up to you on how much you love Sim racing and how serious you want to be.

That's a great first look, and I am really looking forward to this build. The FPS they held, the new content, just looks so promising. Wished they tested at Nurbs tho - the stuttering there currently is really hard on the eyes and I hope DX11 resolves it. Here's hoping for a smoother transition for the build.

...really wondered why we didn't have the passing lights before. Glad they will be added, but agree it could be a double edged sword - particularly at night.

That's a great first look, and I am really looking forward to this build. The FPS they held, the new content, just looks so promising. Wished they tested at Nurbs tho - the stuttering there currently is really hard on the eyes and I hope DX11 resolves it. Here's hoping for a smoother transition for the build.

...really wondered why we didn't have the passing lights before. Glad they will be added, but agree it could be a double edged sword - particularly at night.
Well at least theres the option to turn off headlights in mirrors:rolleyes:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back