iRacing.com Mercedes AMG GT3 first Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing.com have leaked a short sneak preview of some very cool upcoming content: the 2016 Mercedes AMG GT3 race car.

Shown off in a 'camouflage' testing livery at the legendary Nordschleife in Germany, the Stuttgarts' new GT3 Challenger will be available to iRacing customers for purchase as soon as next month!

Adding to an already impressive roster of GT3 machinery in the online-only sim, the new Mercedes AMG GT3 is the latest in a long line of successful GT3 variants from AMG, having secured an impressive 187 victories since making its competition debut in 2010.

2016-mercedes-amg-gt3-race-car 1.jpg

With a strong showing in the recent Bathurst 12 hour considering they were running the older generation SLS GT3, 2016 marks an important year in GT racing for the German manufacturer and soon iRacing subscribers will be able to share in that adventure.

Further details concerning this new content have yet to be released but stay tuned to RaceDepartment.com for more information in the coming weeks!

2016-mercedes-amg-gt3-race-car 2.jpg

Will you be purchasing the new car when its released next month? What's your favorite iRacing GT3 at the moment? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
On another note, I found it a bit odd that at the early and late hours even on a new windscreen there was no sun glare or reflection. The immersive me wants it, but there's another me that likes the clarity...:whistling:
iRacing isn't there yet with all the little cheesy effects, this is just a base for DX11, nothing more. As it develops further, they utilize it more, adding the eye candy.

Cheesy? :) Well, I'm sure the visibility is quite a bit better than what we see in actual onboard videos, but I'll take the odd rubber muck that hits the window mid race. I'm sure as they polish up DX11 it'll offer quite a bit - day night transitions being my first hope. At least for now we'll get 5 cars racing in GT3, shiny windscreens and all. ;)

Cheesy? :) Well, I'm sure the visibility is quite a bit better than what we see in actual onboard videos, but I'll take the odd rubber muck that hits the window mid race. I'm sure as they polish up DX11 it'll offer quite a bit - day night transitions being my first hope. At least for now we'll get 5 cars racing in GT3, shiny windscreens and all. ;)
But there is rubber and oil build up on the windscreen. I was saying the God rays and haziness are cheesy but cool in way.

Still waiting for that Audi. :p

But the Merc looks good. It's gonna be a fun time in GT3. And when I mean fun, it'll be the same chaos we experience now in the series. :D

The 2016 season is probably the most significant year for the sim. Nurburgring, Le Mans (hopefully), 2 FR open wheelers, GT3 cars, new Mazda, Imola (probably by June). And who knows what. I can't wait to see the new updates and content in the next 10 months.

But there is rubber and oil build up on the windscreen. I was saying the God rays and haziness are cheesy but cool in way.

Yeah, I do like the oil and debris hitting the screens. I knew it wasn't new to the next build, just saying we have that effect now which is good. ...I wasn't thinking god rays and stuff like that - cool but a little unrealistic, more that Mylar filmy look to the screen especially in direct sunlight. First time I really even thought about it, think it was just because in low light watching races from on-board as the sun goes down I just can't imagine how these guys go wheel to wheel facing the sun. It's like the whole screen just washes out.

In any event, looking to be an awesome step forward for the sim. Robbing the sock drawer now to make the purchase(s).

I am surprised about all the flashing lights comments. It's a viable option in real GT racing and it is MEANT to be distracting. Other sims also have it and don't see why is such a concern in iRacing.
The car looks really good!

I am surprised about all the flashing lights comments. It's a viable option in real GT racing and it is MEANT to be distracting. Other sims also have it and don't see why is such a concern in iRacing.
The car looks really good!
Yeah we know that, but just some people in some races abuse it and is sometimes considered rude...go figure lol. I dont mind it one bit, but I did a league/club once and there was one guy doing it alllllll the time and it caused a little ruckus. My experience with it has been a little negative, but then again theres been times when I wish I had it to tell someone to move over during a qualiy lap or back marker. No complaints from me.

Yeah, I do like the oil and debris hitting the screens. I knew it wasn't new to the next build, just saying we have that effect now which is good. ...I wasn't thinking god rays and stuff like that - cool but a little unrealistic, more that Mylar filmy look to the screen especially in direct sunlight. First time I really even thought about it, think it was just because in low light watching races from on-board as the sun goes down I just can't imagine how these guys go wheel to wheel facing the sun. It's like the whole screen just washes out.

In any event, looking to be an awesome step forward for the sim. Robbing the sock drawer now to make the purchase(s).
Yeah I like the effect Assetto Corsa has with its windscreen, actually feels like there is one there.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back