iRacing | Brand New Skip Barber and Lime Rock Park Coming December

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have revealed a brand version of two legendary pieces of content are coming to the simulation this December.

You would be right in thinking that both Lime Rock Park and the little Skippy are already available to purchase in iRacing, but the American developers have a little surprise - both pieces have been rebuilt from the group up - breathing fresh life into two of the most popular and long standing pieces of content available within the sim.

Apart from the fact both the track and car are scratch built and not enhancements to existing content, little is known about these two new additions other than they will be made available as part of the December build update.

Of course, bringing new versions of existing content is a pretty bold move by the simulation, and it will be highly curious to see how the pricing strategy is put together for these - will they be free for existing owners? What will happen to the 'old' versions? Not long left to find out... stay tuned!

iRacing is available exclusively for PC.

Got yourself a question? Get a thread started and let the community help you out in the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

Sim Racing AWESOME!

iRacing Lime Rock Park .jpg
iRacing Skip Barber 2.jpg

Queue the 100 quit whining comments.....but I'd rather see a new track than a facelift for lime rock :geek: Don't race a ton of dirt, but Lernerville is my local track, so cool to see that coming. Really hoping to see NTM7 on all IMSA and iLMS cars in 2020S1.

Queue the 100 quit whining comments.....but I'd rather see a new track than a facelift for lime rock :geek: Don't race a ton of dirt, but Lernerville is my local track, so cool to see that coming. Really hoping to see NTM7 on all IMSA and iLMS cars in 2020S1.
Lernerville is my home track but I've never been. Yes, I realize there is an issue with that.

In the video, when it shows the 2008 graphics compared to 2019, they just about look the same, just the 2019 has a warmer colour tone with a lower sun.

I'm interested in the new skippy though. Does any one know any "insider" information if the new Skip Barber is remodelled on the exact same core physics engine parameters or is there actual new core physics engine coding being applied to this new skippy?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

....I was curious when i saw this....the Skip is NOW the best skip they ever had (i'm on iracing since start of 2011), don't really know why they rebuild it... Some says physics will be exactly the same (i hope), maybe rebuilding it is their way to get better damage model or, more efficient graphic'perf...don't know, they have their own reason...
Not a fan of Lime Rock, but no reason to complain :)
@++

In the video, when it shows the 2008 graphics compared to 2019, they just about look the same, just the 2019 has a warmer colour tone with a lower sun.

I'm interested in the new skippy though. Does any one know any "insider" information if the new Skip Barber is remodelled on the exact same core physics engine parameters or is there actual new core physics engine coding being applied to this new skippy?

Important question. I hope so. In my totally subjective opinion, the Audi RS3 really suits the new tyre model, moreso than the current Skippy. So, it would be nice to see a bit of a reworking with the current gen tyres in mind. But, then again, I don't know how any of this stuff works beneath the surface, so I could be talking rubbish (as usual :)).

F_B

Premium
That comes as a surprise. Hopefully VIR is the next one to update, it looks shite in Iracing. Good to have to outstanding versions in AC and Rfactor 2 when it itches me to race on this splendid track.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 45 10.1%
  • €3001-5000