Hey, I just ordered a Thrustmaster TX-SW and I am new to SimRacing (drifting more likely). I'm pretty sure, even though I never tried it, that I would be happier with inverted pedals like the T3PA-Pro model. TM told me that they are not going to sell these anymore and I can't really find something on the aftermarket in my area (EU). Does anyone have suggestions for seats with inverted brackets for the pedals or anything else? You can also tell me your experience, if you ever had inverted ones.

Hope I broke no rules, I'm new here :whistling:

sincerly,

jmeister

• Deleted member 1066209

Hello.

First, we have to establish your budget for pedals; how much are you willing to spend?

I think the best bang-for-your-buck pedals that can be inverted are the Logitech pedals. The individual pedals can be removed from their enclosure and mounted separately, giving you the ability to orient and space them to your preference. As an aside, there's also the TrueBrake mod, which I think is a very impressive mod, and I believe would work great with inverted pedals!

If you can afford it, I'd highly recommend you jump straight to the Heusinkveld Sprints. These pedals can be mounted individually, so spacing them out is easily done. Furthermore, there are a lot of ways to adjust the pedals so that they feel perfect to you.

I personally have the standard T3PA pedals, but I have yet to invert them. While inversion can be easily done, my major gripe with them is that I cannot space them out to my liking, since the T3PA relies on the enclosure to keep tension on the pedal springs.

I've looked at some Fanatec pedals, and have determined that they, too, are able to be inverted, but do not allow for horizontal adjustments. While they may look attractive, the asking price of the Fanatec Clubsport V3 Inverted pedals is so high that I think it'd make much more financial sense to choose Heusinkveld Sprints, which are rich with adjustable features.

I hope this helps. This topic has been on my mind during the past couple of days, so I thought I'd put down some thoughts.

One step higher from sprints are the Simgrade R7's that work really well in inverted setup - sadly I only have now these pics available with one pedal only attached

2022-02-27 07_56_01-R7 inverted - 1.png ‎- Valokuvat.png

2022-02-27 07_56_13-R7 inverted - 2.png ‎- Valokuvat.png

I think we´re going a little overboard here for someone who bought his first wheel base.

We have to establish some facts first:

budget of course,

desk racer or sim rig (which one?)

DIY abilities

console or PC?
(for the former the pedals have to be TM compatible, stand alone USB
(like my much loved HSV Sprints) would be a non starter)

The easiest solution would be to hunt for a used set of T3PA PRO which can be converted to be inverted and also can be mounted as single pedal units.
(been there, done that)
Still I can´t recommend this course as the T3PA pro´s were mediocre to begin with and are now seriously old.
My set that I scored for cheap with an add on loadcell kit had serious mileage and gave me trouble with the potentiometers ( seriously outdated tech for which I couldn´t find spare parts)

If you don´t need console compability and don´t want to spend more money for pedals than the wheelbase (HSV) have look at the Fanatec CSL pedals (with loadcell brake when you are on a rig)

MFG Carsten

I think we´re going a little overboard here for someone who bought his first wheel base.

We have to establish some facts first:

budget of course,

desk racer or sim rig (which one?)

DIY abilities

console or PC?
(for the former the pedals have to be TM compatible, stand alone USB
(like my much loved HSV Sprints) would be a non starter)

The easiest solution would be to hunt for a used set of T3PA PRO which can be converted to be inverted and also can be mounted as single pedal units.
(been there, done that)
Still I can´t recommend this course as the T3PA pro´s were mediocre to begin with and are now seriously old.
My set that I scored for cheap with an add on loadcell kit had serious mileage and gave me trouble with the potentiometers ( seriously outdated tech for which I couldn´t find spare parts)

If you don´t need console compability and don´t want to spend more money for pedals than the wheelbase (HSV) have look at the Fanatec CSL pedals (with loadcell brake when you are on a rig)

MFG Carsten
I don't mind the budget atm

At the moment desk, but I want to go for a sim rig, thats why I was asking for brackets or other suggestions for inverted pedals.

I'm playing on PC

Problem here is, I can't find any used ones in my area (willhaben.at) or ebay.

I decided to go with the TX-SW base, because it's pretty much most recommend and seen on drift builds.

Also I wanna add that I'm going for a TM Handbrake & Shifter + probably an aftermarket wheel for drifts. Any thoughts/Suggestions?

So my whole setup is supposed to be full drift, but with a good value. So the main focus is not really competitive, but I don't want to drive on a sh*tbox, if you understand me :D I tried a g29 a year ago, I'm never going to touch these logitech wheels again.
One step higher from sprints are the Simgrade R7's that work really well in inverted setup - sadly I only have now these pics available with one pedal only attached

View attachment 545099
View attachment 545100
These look great, which seat/bracket is this?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1066209

These look great, which seat/bracket is this?
It appears to be this inverted pedal bracket setup:

I've had my eye on this one, but it does appear to be limited in adjustments when compared to the other one:

I think your best option will be DIY.

You can start by using your pedals normally under the desk, I´don´t think you´ll get a big advantage by inverting them.
(I started out with inverted brake and clutch on my rig, after changing to the HSVs I never bothered to invert them)

You simply can forget about replicating your cars seating position on a rig, let alone a desk.

If your still unhappy fabricate a frame out of plywood, with the brake forces usable on a chair this will be rigid enough.

And on a profile rig you´ll only need some extra profiles and corner brackets to mount the pedal plate upside down.

About TM handbrake and shifter I firmly believe they are not worth their money any more.
I´ve had the TH8S for 1,5 years tried several tuning parts from 3drap and never was really satiesfied.
For a little more than the TH8S plus tuning parts I now have the VNM shifter which out of the box is on another level.
Also their handbrake looks really interesting.

But both of them would really need a sturdy rig to shine because of the high forces which are possible (not necessary)

MFG Carsten

PS:

It appears to be this inverted pedal bracket setup:

I've had my eye on this one, but it does appear to be limited in adjustments when compared to the other one:
With which seat/setup are you going to use this? These 2 look great and compatible to my pedals.
I think your best option will be DIY.

You can start by using your pedals normally under the desk, I´don´t think you´ll get a big advantage by inverting them.
(I started out with inverted brake and clutch on my rig, after changing to the HSVs I never bothered to invert them)

You simply can forget about replicating your cars seating position on a rig, let alone a desk.

If your still unhappy fabricate a frame out of plywood, with the brake forces usable on a chair this will be rigid enough.

And on a profile rig you´ll only need some extra profiles and corner brackets to mount the pedal plate upside down.

About TM handbrake and shifter I firmly believe they are not worth their money any more.
I´ve had the TH8S for 1,5 years tried several tuning parts from 3drap and never was really satiesfied.
For a little more than the TH8S plus tuning parts I now have the VNM shifter which out of the box is on another level.
Also their handbrake looks really interesting.

But both of them would really need a sturdy rig to shine because of the high forces which are possible (not necessary)

MFG Carsten

PS:
I like the shifter suggestion, cuz for the reason that I can decide myself if I want normal manual or sequential, thanks man! Gotta buy the shifter first anyway, since I'm going to swap the wheel for an OCC Motorsport.

• Deleted member 1066209

With which seat/setup are you going to use this? These 2 look great and compatible to my pedals.
Those were designed to work with Trak Racer's aluminum sim rigs. However, you could make them fit other rigs as long as you perform the necessary measurements, calculations and modifications. The main dimension you'll need to worry about is the width, but I'd suggest you check the length and the height too.

I'm still racing on a desk in an office chair, so I can't provide any suggestions; sorry!

[edit]: By the way, you're not limited to off-the-shelf sim rigs. You could build one yourself so that every bit will fit your requirements. Hell, if you're creative enough, I think you'd be able to make those inverted mounts work with even a wooden rig.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first inverted pedal setup was Fanatec V3's in a home made MDF mount which inverted the pedals , very easy to do and cheap and was very solid , this was on a Playseat challenge.

Yes the Trackracer inverted pedal mount I have is made for the extrusion rigs but I think It would be very easy to mount to other setups.

My first inverted pedal setup was Fanatec V3's in a home made MDF mount which inverted the pedals , very easy to do and cheap and was very solid , this was on a Playseat challenge.

Yes the Trackracer inverted pedal mount I have is made for the extrusion rigs but I think It would be very easy to mount to other setups.
Thats what I think I'm going for. These brackets and & fanatec's v3. Cuz I don't see a reason to buy the inverted ones for 250€ more, if I can mount them like this & there is no other difference.

I'm probably gonna try something like this first:

Take off the padel bracket and mount the inverted ones +the seat on a board with roles. This way I can use it on monitor, TV & VR. I don't really like the idea of mounted monitors, TV's ont he rig.

Allthought, I wanna thank all of you for your suggestions!

• Deleted member 1066209

I want to point out that having a pole between your legs is not ideal for heel-and-toe. I'm sure it is doable, but it certainly would annoy me. You may be best served with a chassis of a different design, where the steering wheel is supported by two columns around your legs, like so:

I agree with @justwannadl that the "one pole design" is not your best choice here.
Additionally to the awkward seating position you´ll find this thing not very rigid for the forces your wheel base can exert. Drifting can get quite physical, especially when you use a real life steering wheel.

And in the long run you´ll be hard pressed to fabricate a mount for your shifter and handbrake.
(at this point it would have been easier and much more rigid to spring for a profile rig)

MFG Carsten

You both right. A friend of me, has the pole in the middle and its annoying.
Right now the decision looks like this:

TS-XW Servo Base
OCC Motorsport Wheel
VNM Shifter
VNM Handbrake
Fanatec's V3 with + Damper Kit for the throttle, maybe the brake as well
Next Level Racing F-GT Cockpit - I think that's the best option in price, quality & preferences
Inverted padel bracket is the last thing I'm going to try

• Deleted member 1066209

I've heard good reviews about the Next Level Racing F-GT Cockpit, so I think you'll be pleased. Trying to invert the pedals seems like a tough challenge to me, but I also have minimal fabrication skills so your experience may differ.

Unless you have an ulterior reason for using the OCC Motorsport Wheel, I would like to point out a different steering wheel for you: NRG has a line of steering wheels that are perfect for sim racing, since they're extremely lightweight. Not only will they make the force feedback on your TS-XW shine, but they're very affordable, too.

I've heard good reviews about the Next Level Racing F-GT Cockpit, so I think you'll be pleased. Trying to invert the pedals seems like a tough challenge to me, but I also have minimal fabrication skills so your experience may differ.

Unless you have an ulterior reason for using the OCC Motorsport Wheel, I would like to point out a different steering wheel for you: NRG has a line of steering wheels that are perfect for sim racing, since they're extremely lightweight. Not only will they make the force feedback on your TS-XW shine, but they're very affordable, too.

they look nice, thanks for the suggestion, but I think they don't ship to austria, do they?

You might be right with the inverted pedals. It's just a thought idk, if I'm going 100% for it. The T3PA's I have currently have don't talk back, I just press them xD But right now I'm kinda used to the non inverted.

Also may I throw a random question in here: Do I benefit from Lut in Assetto Corsa on my TS-XW? I'm doing great progress, even though I'm on the sparco p310 and no handbrake. But it feels like its not positioned perfectly at 50%, only feel that on straights not during the drifts.

• Deleted member 1066209

I've found NRG's UK site, and they say they ship to most countries in Europe. Unfortunately, I cannot find the simracing section on this site, but I think they may be able to help you order it if you contact them.

T3PAs can be inverted with a little bit of handywork, if you ever want to find out what it's like:

I have no clue if you'll benefit from a LUT. If I had to guess, the answer would be "No". I don't need a LUT on my T300, so the similar-but-powerful TS-XW may not either.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back