Intel 12th-Gen CPUs

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
  • Deleted member 197115

Wow, that's pretty cool.
It would be interesting to see that same data plotted in 2D, as GPU usage vs CPU usage. Maybe the tool already does that?
1638233654104.png

[nice graphs]
I like it. Might have to give it a try now :)

What I meant by "2D" plots though was some kind of scatter plot (or maybe contour plot, or heat map...) with (say) CPU usage on the x-axis and GPU usage on the y-axis, so you can get a flavour for what's going on.
Not at all sure what to expect from such a visualisation but I guess some games would have CPU and GPU usage mostly correlated (in the busiest scenes) and others would be anti-correlated (so the highest GPU usage moments could have less demand on the CPU).
Maybe you wouldn't actually learn anything useful from it though :D

I like it. Might have to give it a try now :)

What I meant by "2D" plots though was some kind of scatter plot (or maybe contour plot, or heat map...) with (say) CPU usage on the x-axis and GPU usage on the y-axis, so you can get a flavour for what's going on.
Not at all sure what to expect from such a visualisation but I guess some games would have CPU and GPU usage mostly correlated (in the busiest scenes) and others would be anti-correlated (so the highest GPU usage moments could have less demand on the CPU).
Maybe you wouldn't actually learn anything useful from it though :D
What I'd like to see:
Frametimes separately drawn like the inbuilt assetto corsa fps app does. Oculus tray tool does it too iirc and gives a headroom percentage too.
That's really useful as you can see what takes more time and is actually limiting.

Dirt rally 1 was really weird.
As soon as my GPU load went above 65%, I dropped to 45 fps.
If I disabled asw, I still dropped a little bit.
No idea why...

However when I forced asw, I could run 45 fps even with the gpu load going over 90%.

For the Memory tests and the Windows caching tests, what is the preferred testing software to A/B the results?

Also the Memory I got had only one preset for 4000MHz. It didn't have one for 3600MHz so if I change the Gear from Auto to Gear 1, I'm not sure what the other settings should be.

I've currently got 4 x Dual channel sticks installed.

So far I'll I'm seeing are issues since I added the additional sticks.

I can run all 4 in Gear 1 at 3200MHz only. Not 3600. However I can't use the 4000MHz profile with all 4 either. In fact it wouldn't even bring up the MB setup screen. I had to remove the second pair of sticks to get it to boot. When I tried Gear: 1 or Auto and 3600MHz I got the MB setup screen but Windows wouldn't boot.

EDIT: I found out that I have to enable overclocking my CPU in order to get above 3200MHz for the memory. Technically it not have allowed me to run 4000MHz before.

Support for DDR4 5333(O.C.)/ DDR4 5133(O.C.)/DDR4 5000(O.C.)/4933(O.C.)/4800(O.C.)/ 4700(O.C.)/ 4600(O.C.)/ 4500(O.C.)/ 4400(O.C.)/ 4300(O.C.)/4266(O.C.) / 4133(O.C.) / 4000(O.C.) / 3866(O.C.) / 3800(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3666(O.C.) / 3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C.) / 3400(O.C.) / 3333(O.C.) / 3300(O.C.) / 3200 / 3000 / 2933 / 2800 / 2666 / 2400 / 2133 MHz memory modules

So I guess I'll see how well my Case/D15S can handle a bit of thermals.

Last edited:
GB ram tuning is bad already. 4dimms on a daisy chain config won’t help that any. You will have to rely on bios updates for things to improve.
I am running CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 4000MHz (PC4-32000) on a newly updated system using a ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4. I have not touched the bios at this point.

EDIT: I found out that I have to enable overclocking my CPU in order to get above 3200MHz for the memory. Technically it not have allowed me to run 4000MHz before.
Afaik you don't have to enable anything for the CPU to get higher ram MHz.
A friend of mine bought the z690 gaming x too with a 12600k.
His 3600 ram did work but he got some random crashes and a bsod.
3200 seems to work fine though.
Gear 1 that is.

Did you try to run 4000 MHz in Gear 1? You could try gear 2 and see if it boots :)

4000MHz runs fine with it's default profile with only two sticks in the MB. With 4 sticks it does not.
3200MHz with Gear1 works fine with 4 sticks. Gear 1 with 3600 does not with 4 sticks.

There are intermediate values that I haven't tried.

Last edited:
Then it's probably running 3200 MHz since you didn't load the XMP profile?
And it might be running in Gear 2
I just tried XMP I and II. My computer will not boot with either of these selected. Bummer. I used the same memory with XMP on my old computer and I ran fine. I thought XMP I was like the old XMP.

The only change I made from the optimized default was to enable Resizable BAR.

• Deleted member 197115

I just tried XMP I and II. My computer will not boot with either of these selected. Bummer. I used the same memory with XMP on my old computer and I ran fine. I thought XMP I was like the old XMP.

The only change I made from the optimized default was to enable Resizable BAR.
XMP I will use partial profile with some settings on Auto and detected on boot, XMP II is complete DIMM profile.
Try to raise RAM voltage if it doesn't boot, mine was unstable on default XMP with Z390.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea