rF2 Indycar @ Long Beach - Mon 6th March 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm also not sure if safety car support helps much I'm just trying ti express my feeling about this race.

The thing I enjoy most in our races is the wheel to wheel part of it which is obviously better in races with a lot of signups or in those short/reverse grid races.

-

I also always feel that I have to invest a lot of time in order to be fully comfortable with a car/track combination where sometimes I just don't find the time to prepare for that. Especially for Monday races.

Not trying to find excuses for making mistakes but rather seeking for possibilities to improve our races. I would be also very interested in opinions from others maybe not front runners.

Tbh, I dont think I was particularly fast, it was just everyone else making loads of mistakes, something I dont do. Steve was able to keep up'ish for the first part and Edward is usually on par laptime wise.
The large gap when the race was done was mostly a testament to the amount of mistakes people made, not that much pace wise. Also, some people made two stops and I only made one, especially since the pitlane was so long.
For 44 laps i was on a 1-stop and on the norisring i think i proved i could get on par with your laptimes, apart from one lock up into turn one i didn't make a single mistake and still i was 3/4 of the track behind you, so yeah you were pretty fast :roflmao:

I think Long Beach itself was just a tricky circuit that punished mistakes more than we are used to. Miss your braking point by 1m in even the slow corners of the first sector and you have to choose whether to bail and turn out down the runoff, or take your chances bouncing off the wall. Push to Pass made overtaking harder in the earlier stages as it was used more effectively to defend than attack. The track is awesome, but it all just combined to make those battling have to take more risks, and we all lost time. There was a great scrap between myself, David and Ingemar, but of course we all soon bounced off walls or disappeared down runoff areas and lost so much time. The top 3 weren't quite as wheel-to-wheel at that time, hence why they went away and had cleaner races.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 129 70.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 43 23.5%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 34 18.6%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 37 20.2%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 38 20.8%