rF2 Indycar @ Long Beach - Mon 6th March 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Long Beach has been updated today. I will therefore have to remake the mod file, so the server has the new updated circuit. I will make that as soon as I can, around the start of official practice. Please be patient while I make this change.

So sorry to cancel last minute, got stuck with work .
Such a shame, I was very looking forward to race this combo .

Have fun!

Last edited:
Midtjylland does have a good talent-factory.
It dosent matter if they ship all the talents elsewhere and keep the ones that dosent work! :mad:

Anyway, cheers for the racing lads, I enjoy these cars very much, they suit me very well. I was surprised to see so many issues and difficulties for the rest of you. Edwards setup was nigh on perfect, only needed a small diff coast adjustment.

What quali and race pace did you guys manage to achieve? Practiced quite a lot for this one and curious to see how I "could've" competed tonight.

Late replay, but still wanted to share my thoughts on this race:

I do like the Indycars a lot, and also, the track is great. However, I felt that the skill gap in that race and the lack of sign-ups did not make this a great race.

It is natural that errors happen, but on those street circuits even with reduced damage, they are very punishing.

In the end, I ended up 1 minute behind the car in front of me and 1 minute in front of the car behind me and was just not enjoying driving around on my own for that long.

Would it maybe be possible to ad-hoc switch from one ~40 lap race to multiple once as we have them sometimes due to how many sign ups there are? (not sure how quickly this can be changed on the server).

Or alternatively any chance to add some safety car that bunches up the field again. I'm not sure how @Jan Larsen must feel from time to time when there is no one who can follow him even somewhat close.

I'd need to experiment a bit with the Safety Cars to get them working. I'd almost need an evening with somebody who's willing to spend a long time waiting for me to remake rfm files, reload servers and then crash for me to get it working.

Or alternatively any chance to add some safety car that bunches up the field again. I'm not sure how @Jan Larsen must feel from time to time when there is no one who can follow him even somewhat close.
Tbh, I dont think I was particularly fast, it was just everyone else making loads of mistakes, something I dont do. Steve was able to keep up'ish for the first part and Edward is usually on par laptime wise.
The large gap when the race was done was mostly a testament to the amount of mistakes people made, not that much pace wise. Also, some people made two stops and I only made one, especially since the pitlane was so long.

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 117 70.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 42 25.1%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • No 3pa registration pages