INDYCAR IR18 2023 MOD!

Cars INDYCAR IR18 2023 MOD! 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Same problem here, no engine sound, only curb rumbling. Same problem if I install with JSGME Mod Enabler or AMS2 Content Manager. Very difficult to drive/enjoy without audio!

Hello,

Have you tested compatibility with the latest version of AM2 V1.5.5.1?

Thank you
Yes, the mod (and sound) works on the current public release version. Note the patch I posted as an update today is not an overhaul of the mod in any other way - it is just a fix for the missing sounds issue, but the mod still basically works.

It could probably benefit from a more significant overhaul in terms of re-calibrating the car's performance in light or Reiza's updates since the mod was released - and we hope this will be done eventually - but it still works and people are still having fun with it.

Hello, can someone help me by explaining how I can make the indy car engine be heard? I already have everything installed perfectly and everything works except the sound of the car.

Hello, can someone help me by explaining how I can make the indy car engine be heard? I already have everything installed perfectly and everything works except the sound of the car.
See my previous reply to yeti_racer above. You need to download an additional patch and install this alongside the mod to fix the sound issue.

It is a very small patch, so it is not worth us updating the mod download here and requiring everyone to re-download the entire thing. We hope this will be a temporary solution - the sound fix will be included in a future (more substantial) update to this mod.

I've made a custom livery for the custom team, but I'm having a hard time finding where in the mod files I select the path to both my previews and to a chrome alpha that I have created. Does anyone knows where is the path in the mod files?

Just a teasing of what is coming

20240129183414_1.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean - can you explain what you are trying to do?
For example, I put below part of the document "dallara_ir_18_2023_Alternates", into "vehicles\textures\CustomLiveries\Overrides\dallara_ir_18_2023" folder:

"<LIVERY_OVERRIDE LIVERY="51" NAME="Team Penske #2" BASELIVERY="Default_Penske">
<PREVIEWIMAGE PATH="Indycar_2023\2_Newgarden_Shell_preview.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="BODY" PATH="Indycar_2023\2_Newgarden_Shell.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="SCREEN_OUT" PATH="Indycar_2023\2_Newgarden_Shell_screen.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="SCREEN_IN" PATH="Indycar_2023\2_Newgarden_screen_in.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="RIM_DIFF" PATH="Indycar_2023\Rims_Gold.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="RIM_SPEC" PATH="Indycar_2023\Rims_Gold_spec.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="RIM_FRESNEL" PATH="Indycar_2023\Rims_Chromed_fresnel.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="RIM_BLUR_DIFF" PATH="Indycar_2023\Rims_Gold_Blur.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="RIM_BLUR_SPEC" PATH="Indycar_2023\Rims_Gold_Blur_spec.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="RIM_BLUR_FRESNEL" PATH="Indycar_2023\Rims_Chromed_Blur_fresnel.dds" />
</LIVERY_OVERRIDE>"

I can't found the file "2_Newgarden_Shell_preview.dds". In "vehicles\textures\liveries\2_Newgarden", there are all those files, but not preview.dds. file. Did you have this problem?

For example, I put below part of the document "dallara_ir_18_2023_Alternates", into "vehicles\textures\CustomLiveries\Overrides\dallara_ir_18_2023" folder:

"<LIVERY_OVERRIDE LIVERY="51" NAME="Team Penske #2" BASELIVERY="Default_Penske">
<PREVIEWIMAGE PATH="Indycar_2023\2_Newgarden_Shell_preview.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="BODY" PATH="Indycar_2023\2_Newgarden_Shell.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="SCREEN_OUT" PATH="Indycar_2023\2_Newgarden_Shell_screen.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="SCREEN_IN" PATH="Indycar_2023\2_Newgarden_screen_in.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="RIM_DIFF" PATH="Indycar_2023\Rims_Gold.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="RIM_SPEC" PATH="Indycar_2023\Rims_Gold_spec.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="RIM_FRESNEL" PATH="Indycar_2023\Rims_Chromed_fresnel.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="RIM_BLUR_DIFF" PATH="Indycar_2023\Rims_Gold_Blur.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="RIM_BLUR_SPEC" PATH="Indycar_2023\Rims_Gold_Blur_spec.dds" />
<TEXTURE NAME="RIM_BLUR_FRESNEL" PATH="Indycar_2023\Rims_Chromed_Blur_fresnel.dds" />
</LIVERY_OVERRIDE>"

I can't found the file "2_Newgarden_Shell_preview.dds". In "vehicles\textures\liveries\2_Newgarden", there are all those files, but not preview.dds. file. Did you have this problem?
Ohhh, I see what you mean now. Yeah - it's possible that file isn't in there and you're the first person to ever look for it ;)

There might be a few other alternates missing too - but we're currently in the process of adding lots of liveries and redoing all the previews, so there won't be a fix for this incorporated into the mod until that update.

Is it the red shell livery you're trying to use? I'll send you a link to the preview image.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.