rF2 Indycar @ Indianapolis Oval - Mon 9th January 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Had around 40 laps of testing today. Really some thing special, enjoeyd the laps. Took some time to get a decent feel, but the basic setup here from Jimlaad in the second post helped a lot.

Through the testing i have done, the setup I uploaded to Post 2 is a great Race setup. Use this to practice being in a pack of other cars.
For qualifying you will want to drop the wings lower for better top speed. I don't have an answer for how much to drop it by, but that's what practice is for. Set a time using the race setup, then start dropping the wings until you stop going faster than your delta, and you'll have the values to go for.

Just to remind everyone for tonight. Please make sure when you select your car that these three settings are changed to as shown in the screenshot below before entering the server.
1673286888109.png

@Michael Rudolf @akephoe @groy1980 @Michel vL @The Almighty Snark @Ole Marius Myrvold @Orlando Medley Sr. @Ingemar Petersson @David Steinacher @Steve Le Gallez @joecronk @rockracer @ThreeLionz

What a nightmare I fell asleep when I got home from hence why I was late I also I had not done any practice and started with the default setup and evrytime my rear tyres got hot the rear end wanted to kill me and to top it off I ran out of fuel on the last lap

Awesome race, intense and close fighting, thank you all guys!
@David Steinacher i'm ok, it was after the finish line, maybe i should have stayed more inside.
Amazing last 2-3 laps, i had a good car, fast and stable.
The first stop during the first yellow was to early, but all in all a decent race with a good balanced car

A big thanks @Jimlaad43 for organizing and setup work and help:thumbsup:
Hopefully we can have regular oval racing here

Last edited:
Great race guys, thanks for putting up with the delays at the start.

Had a crazy battle with the two Mich(a)el's in the first stint. I think I was quickest when slipstreaming and racing was a thing. Had a slow pitstop when I found my pitbox blocked by another car, but I carried on and rejoined ahead of Michel but a way behind Michael. A Safety Car brought me close, but Michael managed to pass Ole two corners before I could, so I dropped out of the slipstream of Michael. He had more pace out of the slipstream and I couldn't quite keep up or close the gap, crossing the line just over a second behind.

Great race and well done for keeping the number of cautions down low!

Wow that was incredibly intense. Lost the lead immediately to Edward and decided to follow him closely not battle too much to not loose too much time and get caught by the rest. Seemed to work well for quite a while and only Michel stayed on as well. The tyres felt worse and worse and the wheel started to shake more and more. Suddenly the car did a weird movement to the right on the main straight making me hit the wall. No idea what that was, felt really weird like a FFB drop off or something. Immediately lost like 2 seconds that I couldn't catch up again, ending up battling with Michel for a while. Then Edward pitted, I had a bit of a gap and figured I could probably stay out one or two more. Laps were ok and pit stop worked flawless. Came out with a 2 second gap to Edward somwhere behind Ole (who hadn't pitted yet?) and could keep the gap until the safety car put everything upside down again. Restart worked well and I could pass Ole right away (sorry for the little side contact, couldn't keep it straight :whistling:). Gave it all I had and tried to get rid of Edward who followed closely. Pulled up a 1.3 sec gap and felt confident until like 3 laps to go when the tyres were wearing off again and he came closer and closer. Great race mate, a few more laps and you'd have had me again. Super intense.
Also should have reduced FFB a bit, the last 10 laps were literally painful :roflmao:

Came out with a 2 second gap to Edward somwhere behind Ole (who hadn't pitted yet?) and could keep the gap until the safety car put everything upside down again. Restart worked well and I could pass Ole right away (sorry for the little side contact, couldn't keep it straight :whistling:).

I hadn't. I did expect more cautions pre-pitstops, and people being... less adaptive in those situations. I also thought I would gain a lot more when you guys did a green flag pitstop. In the end I needed 3-4 more caution laps to make it properly with no stops.

Was worth a shot! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back