rF2 Indycar @ Indianapolis Oval - Mon 9th January 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Awesome race guys!
I managed to follow @Michael Rudolf and @Jimlaad43 during the first stint. Even needed to brake in the corners to avoid contact. It was quite a thrill to race this close with speeds around 370kph. Thanks to the excellent setup provided by @Jimlaad43 the race itself was pretty comfortable, although I think a little less downforce would've make passing a bit easier

Wow that was incredibly intense. Lost the lead immediately to Edward and decided to follow him closely not battle too much to not loose too much time and get caught by the rest. Seemed to work well for quite a while and only Michel stayed on as well. The tyres felt worse and worse and the wheel started to shake more and more. Suddenly the car did a weird movement to the right on the main straight making me hit the wall. No idea what that was, felt really weird like a FFB drop off or something. Immediately lost like 2 seconds that I couldn't catch up again, ending up battling with Michel for a while. Then Edward pitted, I had a bit of a gap and figured I could probably stay out one or two more. Laps were ok and pit stop worked flawless. Came out with a 2 second gap to Edward somwhere behind Ole (who hadn't pitted yet?) and could keep the gap until the safety car put everything upside down again. Restart worked well and I could pass Ole right away (sorry for the little side contact, couldn't keep it straight :whistling:). Gave it all I had and tried to get rid of Edward who followed closely. Pulled up a 1.3 sec gap and felt confident until like 3 laps to go when the tyres were wearing off again and he came closer and closer. Great race mate, a few more laps and you'd have had me again. Super intense.
Also should have reduced FFB a bit, the last 10 laps were literally painful :roflmao:
I saw the gap start to close in those last few laps and got really excited, but then saw how much extra fuel I had and realised I could have saved some of that time in the pitstop. However because of the FCY it didn't matter in the end.

These tyres seemed to hold up better than when we last tried this race in May. Back then I was always having to change the ARB settings to change the balance, and especially the same when racing other cars, but yesterday I needed about 1 click either way at most and that was enough. Very fun evening in the end.

Had a fun race but horrible pitstrategy :
At lap 15 my right front tyre was completely down,
massive rattling and shaking steering wheel , had to steer left-right on the straights to keep the car straight on.
Then pitstops :
first stop :forgot tyre change ,so need 2.stop ,then drive thru :O_o::roflmao:

After this ,completed my first oval race
with the insight: a lot to learn about tactic ,setup ,and strategy in oval races.

Congrat's to the podium , and thx's to @Jimlaad43 for the setup witout that no chance to run a lap at topspeed.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 73 9.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 106 13.8%