I have no money! How to travel to an onsite eSport event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said. With today's flight prices this is the easiest way.

Yes I can feel that pain. Flights to Europe from the UK are about £80 return to most places? Guernsey to Gatwick is about £170 return these days and if you leave it too late £200+

No wonder I work a second job, lol :)

Guernsey is lovely place to live just bloody expensive to leave... :laugh::)

eSport, the only sport where participants bitch and moan that THEY have to pay THEIR OWN cost of participation in an international event.

I have never once have heard this nonsense from a Tennis player, Karate competitor, Judo player, Mountainbiker, swimmer, ….

"Why should I have to take care of my own travel expenses?"
"The organizer SHOULD pay for me".

What a bunch of kids!

WORK HARD, earn the money, find a sponsor, work, beg, sweat, save and make it if you are serious about it. Don't, if you are not, back to your instagram, flipping through the daily digest.

eSport, the only sport where participants bitch and moan that THEY have to pay THEIR OWN cost of participation in an international event.

I have never once have heard this nonsense from a Tennis player, Karate competitor, Judo player, Mountainbiker, swimmer, ….

What a bunch of kids!

WORK HARD, earn the money, find a sponsor, work, beg, sweat, save and make it if you are serious about it. Don't, if you are not, back to your instagram, flipping through the daily digest.
Yeah, my local volleyball club isn't covering my expenses either... :(

• Deleted member 113561

Easy solution: Get a job and stop wasting money.
And by stop wasting money I mean: You don't need a 1000$ smartphone, you don't need a Mercedes, you don't need Gucci & Armani, etc. etc. etc. ofc some things you don't want to cheap out, especially when it is about longevity, so you go for quality, but not most expensive (ie. power supply).

Of course, nobody wants to stack shelves at Tesco, work in a call center, sit in a cubicle banging away at Microsoft Excel and a majority of these plebs, who thinks videogames are going to help them to become racecar drivers, want to dodge reality after watching videos of their beloved YouTube idols doing things they wished they could've done.

Let's give these A-holes a dose of reality; if they cannot afford to travel to a race weekend with their mates by train, walk miles all the way to the track and camp the entire weekend, just stay at home and watch it on TV.

If they don't want the hard work going to the track or raising cash, try get future income by enrolling at the Scott Tucker School of Business; if that doesn't work out, try the Randy Lanier School of Horticulture. If it all goes pearshaped for them, they're guaranteed a roof over their head, free food, free gym, a great contribution to the public and an active social scene.

Last edited:

What a bunch of kids!

...because [no offense] gamers are some of the most entitled people on earth, when not bitching about diversity being forced at their beloved games, they complain about the price of games.

I hope this community are way less entitled than the Reddit communities - bitching about the price of DLCs yet they talk about VR headset, simrig costing enough to buy a used Toyota 86 and 2080 RTX Ti, when they are not spending their money on iRental.

These complainers should take a leaf out of this Zeke guy [video below], born with a disability in the arm; despite this, races R/C cars which requires both hands to operate. Wanting to compete at one of the most brutally competitive and prestigious classes of all, raises, via gofundme, almost US$5k to fly from Colorado to Xiamen, China to compete at the (strictly by invitation) World Championships despite an extremely thin chance of winning.

Last edited:
Yes, I always tell myself when seeing this behavior that it is a generation issue with kids having grown up on social media rather than experiencing true humbleness in having to work and learn suffering and failure and reward through hard work and succeeding.

… but then this is an "easy way out argument" every older generation has dumped upon every younger generation ever since we left the trees for the caves.

I mostly try to ignore this issue. It is a really bad issue in sim racing. I have NEVER seen this kind of behavior in the sports I have done over the years. I don't have a solution to this issue.

Personally I would do it differently, specially because ACC is still A game, played on computer.
So...
Two groups from the beginning, 1st group for those who want to attend live onsite events, 2nd group for all online players, all events would be played online from home all up to the grand final.
From both two groups will go 12 (or xx numbers of players) to grand final at (lets say) Barcelona, which would be a mandatory onsite event.
So for those who would pay more for the trip to onsite events would have an advantage of less competition, and more chances to come to best 12.

This would definitely get the best players out (as its now, it will not, because of the high costs). Personally I know someone, who is one of the best for many years and he will not be attending the events). Why? You know why.

Guys, its still just a game, don`t forget that. Only for 0.0001% of you will maybe change the life.

And all those rules, why needed to complicate so much? We are not even sure if game will work flawlessly. Strange indeed.

Last edited:
Personally I know someone, who is one of the best for many years and he will not be attending the events). Why? You know why.

Just curious, who is he? Because seriously, if he is one the best, he could be easily in a top team and get the travel etc paid lol. Few month ago, I guy come out of nowhere and was searching for an org. He come where I was and he stop any conversation. Two weeks later I knew why.

He goes to Oscaro, then Williams JIM eSports. In 2 simple weeks lol.

What a bunch of kids!

Very easy to treat people as kid and lazy when you come from a country where minimum salary is 1K Dollars and where fly cost to an average of 5000km cost 200 Dollar. Not that easy when you come from country where average salary is 200 Dollar and fly cost to only 1 event is 1KDollar (10 000 km). And don't think sponsorship is that easy here. We organise local Richard Burn Champinship, where every one bring their own playseat and we have 6 round in a years. We've demanded sponsorship from Orange not to cover our expense but only to offer price to the participant. They accept and RBR national champion win a 50 Dollar mobile phone and some Tshirt and hat after a big deal and forcing every one to wear there advertising tshirt. So imagin asking them to a 2000 Dollar trip for only 1 person which is not sur at all to win anything and where the soundn't surely forced people to wear ther ad t shirt. So yes, i will work hard and stop feeding my kid and my self for three mounth and then i will buy the ticket. Anyway i'll participate to the online qualification even if i know i'm not fast enough t o be one of the 12.....

I didn't even talk about getting VISA to travel to Europe HAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies