I am clueless... What computer should I buy?

Hello, because my laptop has become somewhat useless (it's 10 years old) I'm considering buying a new computer (preferably another laptop because I can never know where I may need to take it). P.S. As for the budget I'm hoping to get within 600-700 euros (Is that any where near reasonable?).

I also want to ask those who possibly do live streaming, youtube or literally works with video editing (and sim racers as well because I might consider a comeback into it): What do you guys have and how does the computer fairs with your needs?

Hopefully I'm writing in the right section of the forum, if not - my apologies. And thanks for your time and your answers. Appreciated.

I'd be holding off til the new nvidia graphics cards are available.. the 1070 gtx looks like a great buy. should also lower the price of the current 980 and 970. Now is really not the best time to be buying/building/upgrading a computer!

Upvote 0
The release dates are I think today for the 1080 and next month about two weeks in for the 1070

As you were originally discussing from a laptop pov I think it may be a fair bit longer till the mobile chips make it into laptops. Due mainly to allow stocks of the older mobile GPU systems to be sold off

Upvote 0
Not so sure the laptop is the best idea...
Laptops with good graphical power are expensive.

I just did a recent build on a mid range budget.
Ended up going with a Skylake i7 but currently just using the CPU graphics awaiting the new cards too. The i7 may suit you better with its multi threading over the i5 for video editing/encoding.

Took my time and shopped around for components that I had researched/wanted.
Made some good savings with the best getting a 750watt PSU free with my Gigabyte Gaming 7 motherboard that was on offer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back