Huge problem the Devs want to ignore

Hey,
I published this in AC forums but devs just deleted this.
A friend sent this to me, and I confirm it works on RSR and Multiplayer.
The reason I publish this - It would be better if we have 2000 cheaters and get a patch for this after a day or two, than having hundreds of cheaters for a few months until they decide to fix it.
Another aspect of this , is that all RSR records must be deleted after this is fixed. There are obvious cheaters on the records. So we need the records to be reset as soon as possible, so we can start settings new records without knowing those would be deleted soon.
The video explains it all :
<mod edit: Link removed. Making a thread complaining about cheaters possibly being in the game, and then posting a video about how to cheat is completely counterproductive. Please post it privately to the Kunos developers rather than making it public here.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Plop barged in started pointing fingers and requesting reset of RSR, what do you expect to happen.
I can write you few things about everyone in the top 25 on RSR. This has been discussed that certain 1% of people seem to have godsgivengift, of which I'm very grateful of.
Furthermore, RSR has based on sector times and top speed acted upon these hax records. These guys are so quick in response its solved within a day.

Hence, why he still isn't making any sense. That plop still didn't say anything constructive. And from this big fuss can only be made some jokes. Maybe someone can make hax that few cars must be flintstone wheeled like Alonso's Ferrari.
What can you do, this is known withing any competition game and maybe if da plop approached devs with hand of beer he wouldn't be so dejected to lazer his disgustings here on this peaceful forum.

I say this is not about egos and laptimes and your answer to that is that you belong to the worlds fastest 1% because you have a god-given gift. Thats very good for you but not what this thread is about!

OP never claimed to be the worlds fastest and i absolutely cannot understand overblown worries of RSR records in a game that is under heavy development, there can be a physics change every single day that causes the records to be odsolete. Obviously there have to be consequences if you could just type in your desired grip level.

I'm sorry but what does "that plop" mean? Are you still trying to insult him?
I'll tell you what i expect to happen though:
I would expect people to adress one another in a friendly manner like i'm used to on this forum and to be able to discuss this without being cocky or condescending.
I would expect someone who looks like an adult to behave like an adult.

He may have worded his initial post differently. But if 93 is his birthyear than he probably already sounds more rational and less emotional than i did at 21 ;).

If it could be fixed in a second they would obviously have done it already. I don't think it helps the process much to spam links in public about how to cheat etc. Multiplayer has to check for file mismatches or set things server-side. It's not as easy as it sounds to implement.

If it could be fixed in a second they would obviously have done it already. I don't think it helps the process much to spam links in public about how to cheat etc. Multiplayer has to check for file mismatches or set things server-side. It's not as easy as it sounds to implement.

What's the alternative? Keeping it a "secret" (good luck doing that) so only the ones who really want to cheat know about it? Because if your actively looking for ways to exploit you're gonna find them as long as they exsist, you can't stop the internet.

In my opinion this is the way to go, shine as much light on this as is needed to make this top of the list.

So turning off your fuel and setting the track temperature in single player to get the best possible grip for your tyres that you use, has also been noted.
And not yet fixed.
Or not that im aware off. Because when your in multilayer these actions seem to be carried across, just leaving 1 ltr in the tank and you can drive endless laps with a light car.

As you enter Multiplayer it states this
Untitled.png

hopefully the all the issues reported will be sorted in due time.

Last edited:
I say this is not about egos and laptimes and your answer to that is that you belong to the worlds fastest 1% because you have a god-given gift. Thats very good for you but not what this thread is about!
I know. He is making it about laptimes with his absucre demands.
OP never claimed to be the worlds fastest and i absolutely cannot understand overblown worries of RSR records in a game that is under heavy development, there can be a physics change every single day that causes the records to be odsolete. Obviously there have to be consequences if you could just type in your desired grip level.
I know. Still, the issue doesn't have to be forced. No matter the talent time is still required to make something out of it.

I tell you what is he trying to make happen. Shared cheat so more people can cheat and then he's not the only cheater. :D

Edit : Decened up my post for you Jarek baby. :)

Last edited:
Right thats it cool it now. And Stop the in fighting..

We will all be glad if by bringing it to light the problem gets sorted.
i dont care if he wants to hide behind his real name, and who would blame his with this reaction..

Big thumbs up to the whisleblower
download.jpg

Time for Kunos to fix the problem and thank the guy for bringing it to their attention.
its guys like this that make it a better sim for all of us..

Yea. I'll cool it.
mod edit:
Deleted addition words as they were not needed

Well, clearly you've not cooled it. You're still arguing and trying to have the last word.
Rupe has very clearly told all of you to stop the childish arguments and that's that. End of discussion.

You're free to have a civil discussion, encouraged even! But we will not tolerate petty fights with name calling etc.

Last edited:
And what makes you think you can know if they put 0.97 friction instead of 0.96 ? Even private servers can't fight this at all. You shouldn't have removed the link, more cheaters = the sooner it will be fixed.

they have a python app running in the game when the times are posted.

since most apps of any complexity are shipping with additional libraries it would indicate they are not jailed within the AC application and given the epic text parsing and manipulation abilities off python it would be relatively trivial to simply read the value from the file and post it to the running server along with the laptime.

I think if anyone has any issues regarding tunes posted on the hotlap boards they should be looking towards the devs of those apps to see what they are doing to sanitize the incoming data.

I certainly wouldn't be looking at Kunos right now. it's an alpha release, which should indicate it's not yet ready for outright serious racing, there will be issues, and missing featues.

At this point there is no exploit as such in my mind. it's an open system, something I'm thankful for. I don't wish to see that change as a kneejerk reaction to this as well all lose out in the end. when done form off sanity checking, anti-cheat, etc is added then I'll make a fair assessment at the time.

as for thousands of people cheatingetc, frankly everyone here should be trusted and respect that trust given to them by their fellow racers to play fair and have fun. in the wider eco system, masters little too me, public racing sucks imo. just be safe in the knowledge we'll do what we can when we can to have good fair racing here.

Last edited:
There are always ways to cheat no matter what you do.

You can edit local variables in memory during run-time so even if a file checks out, whatever YOUR physics engine is using to run the car locally might be different.

There are obvious gaps right now so just wait until the game is finished if you want robust leader boards and anti-cheat features.

I've been asking for proper gear shifting and better FF for about 7 months and still haven't got it, so we've all got to wait till the 'end' to really have a right to complain about specific issues not being fixed.

Dave

I'm not sure how long the OP has been whistle-blowing,

But ever since I bought AC (Jan 1st), it was mentioned on the [AC]forums that this could happen. Many of us were worried, but at the time we had no idea when MP would be released. So the discussion ended, as not to put the cart before the horse..

4 months later, BOOM.

Let's hope the devs can sort these things out soon. I don't expect cheating to end, it never will, just like piracy will never end. But it would be nice to see these blatantly obvious loopholes closed swiftly.

Last edited:
It was good for the OP to bring this to our attention. The more exposure the better and I hope any issues that could lead to cheating are resolved asap. But he definitely went about this all wrong. I completely understand why kudos would take this down
They aren't trying to hide anything we all know they have been as up front and honest with us as any other developer if not better. Keep it professional guys and kudos will be more than happy to help us out. No sense in gong against the grain.

I agree this needed to be dragged into the open for all to see.

We all need to give Kunos the opportunity to rectify the issue, obviously it wont happen overnight but I'm sure the boys at Kunos will sort something out ASAP. And I would say that the Kunos team know just how hard it will be to stop the cheats, after all, if you can reverse engineer it, you can exploit it.

There are always ways to cheat and since this thread has been re-opened I now know how If I wanted to...Never thought I would learn how to cheat at RD.

There are plenty more people using this now than there was a couple days ago so I guess we should give Bram and co a 'good job' since it seems this was the intention when this thread got re-opened...I hope Kunos stops everything and starts working on a fix for this but somehow I doubt it is going to happen anytime soon so now I will only be hosting a lobby to play with my closest friends.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back