Huge problem the Devs want to ignore

Hey,
I published this in AC forums but devs just deleted this.
A friend sent this to me, and I confirm it works on RSR and Multiplayer.
The reason I publish this - It would be better if we have 2000 cheaters and get a patch for this after a day or two, than having hundreds of cheaters for a few months until they decide to fix it.
Another aspect of this , is that all RSR records must be deleted after this is fixed. There are obvious cheaters on the records. So we need the records to be reset as soon as possible, so we can start settings new records without knowing those would be deleted soon.
The video explains it all :
<mod edit: Link removed. Making a thread complaining about cheaters possibly being in the game, and then posting a video about how to cheat is completely counterproductive. Please post it privately to the Kunos developers rather than making it public here.>

Last edited by a moderator:
@assettocorsa93

Congratulations ! You have just beaten the WR using your notepad skills !

BANANA.jpg

There are plenty more people using this now than there was a couple days ago so I guess we should give Bram and co a 'good job' since it seems this was the intention when this thread got re-opened..

Way of base with that one Micheal. It is not our intention to encourage anyone to cheat. It's purely about fostering open discussion. Whether we close this thread and send it to the deepest depths of the database or not this information will get around fast and of course there will always be some who seek to use it to their advantage.

In general here I think that most people have the right attitude towards their racing and that this shouldn't make thread shouldn't make too much difference either way. Thos who will cheat would have anyway. It's notable that the same issue that allows these track editing shenanigans is the same thing that means your offline settings for tire wear and damage carry over into online races.

In the events earlier this week it was decided to let people know about it and for it to be even for all, and despite this, and rather pleasingly a large chunk of those guys I've raced with here have opted, off their own backs, to continue racing with tire wear, fuel consumption, and mechanical damage turned on.

Basically as I said earlier in this thread, it boils down to trust. People racing here in the clubs should be trusted to show respect for themselves, the club and mostly their fellow racers. I know of course there will always be one or two who punch it and we will of course endevour to weed them out. As for the rest, there's no reason at all that this should ruin anything or take away their chances to have some great racing here.

What use does it serve to publicly expose a cheat, that the devs already know about and that is on their list to fix? Is this meant to pressure them to fix it earlier?

They were, are and have been aware of this issue from long ago. Allowing people to discuss this does not serve any means. What good is it? It creates distrust among drivers about laptimes, it will give people who did not consider cheating an idea to experiment and it will create senseless heated debates,

Right now the result of this thread is as follows:

Before this thread: not many people knew about the cheat, not many people used it, if any. Almost nobody was suspiciously looking at any fast time online or on RSR.

After this thread: a lot more people, maybe even the guys who already use the pirated version etc, had a go at cheating by using the explicitly described method, a lot more people don't trust any leaderbord anymore and even more people are angry towards eachother and/or Kunos.

Now, were did the sim community benefit in this all? If this forum would have a good and sensible moderation, this thread would have been long deleted. Sorry to say this out loud, but this is the first time I am really disappointed in the Racedepartment forums.

If @assettocorsa93 is "TheBoss" in our official support forum, then yes he contacted me yesterday.
Sorry but I was out of the office, because real life. I hope replying the day after is not a big issue.

That said... RSR and Rivali apps usually check for all the files, encrypted and not. As far as I know, they particularly control WRs and strange laps, eliminating them from the ranks and banning users. Yes it has happened before and they got them.
Something may have slipped? I don't know, might be. No anticheat method is perfect.

Regarding Kunos official position about it and multiplayer. Multiplayer is alpha and there is no big anticheat in it yet. It helps us with debugging simple as that. We will put files, versioning and other anticheat methods in it with the usual updates.
Will it be anticheat free? I doubt it... people are cracking NSA and CIA servers, jailbreaking iPhones and cheat in valve servers etc... so go figure what one dedicated cheater can do with AC.

That's why racing in a community like RD or a small league is so important. If your friends are cheating you, then you should change friends.

It's great to see some official words on the matter, especially concerning multiplayer. I can't speak for everyone else but I did not expect AC to be problem free and cheat free in it's current state, nor after launch. But I am happy to hear that Kunos is aware of the issue and the reasoning behind not having fixed it already.

@Requiem84 The community benefited from it by becoming aware that this was so easily done, I agree that exposing exactly how to do it ain't the way to go in most cases, particularly when we're talking about using 3rd party programs to cheat, but in this case, when it's merely about changing some clientside settings, I think showing how easy it actually is to do is part of the problem and must be revealed.

Also, if the posts in this thread is to be believed, that this has been reported on numerous occasions before, up to 4 months ago, and there has been no official feedback other than threads being silently deleted I think it is fair for a user who wants to help improve the game to feel like he's not being heard, hence taking the issue to unofficial forums like RD.

I fully support exposing the issue, I do not however support people exploiting the issue or pointing fingers at other players or the developer. I would like to expect people to treat this with rationale, but I guess common sense is so uncommon these days it's about to become a superpower.

...<some common sense goes here>...

That's why racing in a community like RD or a small league is so important. If your friends are cheating you, then you should change friends.

Thanks Aris, this is exactly the point I am trying to make in my previous posts. Thanks as ever for dropping by and confirming for everyone the situation :)

I fully support exposing the issue, I do not however support people exploiting the issue or pointing fingers at other players or the developer. I would like to expect people to treat this with rationale, but I guess common sense is so uncommon these days it's about to become a superpower.

A paragraph full of win. I like the sound of the Peoples Republic of Common Sense. Do I need a visa? :D

Never thought I would learn how to cheat at RD.

There are plenty more people using this now than there was a couple days ago so I guess we should give Bram and co a 'good job' since it seems this was the intention when this thread got re-opened
Now, were did the sim community benefit in this all? If this forum would have a good and sensible moderation, this thread would have been long deleted. Sorry to say this out loud, but this is the first time I am really disappointed in the Racedepartment forums.

I am getting so extremely tired of these kind of posts really. Again this is judging a message platform for the content the messenger posted. If this was posted on Twitter or Facebook you would have stated the same?

Forums are here for discussing / informing / organizing and if the content doesn't break the site rules there is no reason to moderate or delete a thread or its content. Imo the first post's content could have stayed there as well.

This thread was started to inform people/devs about an exploit that needs to be addressed. And as others said already if you sweep this under the carpet a) nothing will done about it and b) cheating will still go on and multiplayer will be totally ruined.

Cheats should always be out in the open imo as thats the only way to get them fixed. Same as people that will use any form of cheats on our servers will be publicly named as well after having their accounts terminated for ever. (same goes for piracy)

Multiplayer should be done in a 100% clean way as you are testing your racing skills against other people and not your programming skills! If this thread has helped to achieve that, then kudos for posting.

Bram, instead of getting tired of argumented feedback, it could prove useful to listen to feedback and to consider whether it could prove useful to your forum.

The argument 'every post that falls within the forum rules is ok' is very one dimensional and superficial: as in real life, laws and jurisprudence are ever evolving. The same could apply to your forum rules.

Your a) and b) argument are invalid, as the issue is known to Kunos. Informing the entire community does not change a thing in this regard. The community can't change the AC code, can they?

But as feedback is not appreciated, I will remain silent about this particular subject from now on. Good luck with your moderation.

Too much drama for me here in this thread. I think I'll go back to my F1 2013 forum, and a game that has a perfect leaderboard system ........

..... and top-notch physics :whistling:

I take no responsibility for those that may have a sense of humour failure from this point onwards.

Due to the fact that Aris has informed us ALL as to Kunos's stance and future procedures regards shutting down this and future potential exploits in AC, but I feel it may be wise to lock the thread before it starts to get uglier than it has. As it seems some can't discuss these types of issues without letting their personal opinions and feelings cloud their thoughts and judgements to the point they feel the need to attack others discussing this topic, based on the fact they don't agree.

I don't think Ive seen a thread yet that doesn't have at least one comment that attacks another comment, for once I'd like to see us all behave like mature rational thinking human beings, if that's at all possible, and they say we're the most intelligent animal on our planet, Hmmmmm, I'd say "that's Debatable" but it might start WW3 :cautious: :(

@Requiem84 So deleting whistleblowers posts are a good thing? For what reason is moderating such posts a good thing? So people can continue to cheat others? But with one exception that the majority of gamers have no clue they are being cheated?

In any game that has leaderboards there is cheating, thats one of the reasons I hardly hotlap as for me it hasn't got much to do with virtual motorsport at all but now this cheating it touching the part I love which is racing other people live, and I do not wish to against people don't play by the rules. Whether thats extensively abusing the rules of racing or in this case modifying the game code, that should be exposed so things can be fixed.

What annoys me greatly is that when these things happen its obviously not the cheaters themselves that are the problem but the forum or its staff giving a platform to a guy that exposed the cheat. Thats a reasoning I can't follow, and the remark that me or RD are teaching people to cheat I take great offense to as obviously this person has not got a single clue how much we are doing around here to create an equal battlefield for all the drivers.

There is nothing wrong with feedback. If we don't want to hear feedback we could have moderated your post :)

Write whatever you wish, but when the content of your post annoys me and is making it personal I will say so.

So much hypocrisy around here!
If we were complaining about game physics or visuals everyone here would go like:
..."don't you know what beta means???"...

So to all of those here it goes:
-You shouldn´t be complaining about the game flaws, you must accept it's beta!... remember??:roflmao:

please accept my ignorance since I don't wanted to read through all the derailed posts, but the problem basically boils down to one aspect of modding:

mod-ability opens leak holes for "messing around" with software (if you wish to say so), it always has been that way, its part of the given "freedom"; it's an intrinsic factor of what we call modding, otherwise you wouldn't be able to mod

just have to make sure (or trust your favorite racing league/club) that everybody uses the same files at the same time on the same server, that's about it

also saying in the first place that Kunos is ignoring this "problem" is not fair at all and as you can see by the post of Aristotelis, not true

last but not least, bugs and exploits should be sent to the dev team, not made public for copycats

please accept my ignorance since I don't wanted to read through all the derailed posts, but the problem basically boils down to one aspect of modding:

mod-ability opens leak holes for "messing around" with software (if you wish to say so), it always has been that way, its part of the given "freedom"; it's an intrinsic factor of what we call modding, otherwise you wouldn't be able to mod

just have to make sure (or trust your favorite racing league/club) that everybody uses the same files at the same time on the same server, that's about it

also saying in the first place that Kunos is ignoring this "problem" is not fair at all and as you can see by the post of Aristotelis, not true

last but not least, bugs and exploits should be sent to the dev team, not made public for copycats

So you say that there is no way the Devs can create a cheats free Mulltiplayer?
Sorry but i don't buy that....

If they would be able to 100% guarantee a cheat free environment they wouldn't be making a living with sim racing games but earning millions in the internet security industry.

KuNSAos Security Limited

No game or software is cheat free, or can't be hacked. Thats utopia.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back