HP Reverb G2 - User Experiences & Owner Impressions

Mr Latte

Premium
Reports are it may be launching in September 2020 which is earlier than some expected.
I'm seriously considering one of these having had a CV1 in the past and enjoyed VR

Finally, though with this device, now we have image quality that is very good for simulations. Also offering easy setup, superb audio, and nice controllers but all at a good price.

Steam HP Reverb G2
UK Pre-Orders
Manual
Datasheet/Specs

Last edited:
Im an Index user and was going to purchase this also and using it in my rig only and then keeping the Index for main games likes Half Life etc.

But 1 guys review aint enough as yet to purchase,ill await for release,and see more reviews.

Its on back order now anyways if you click purchase,so may as well wait now.

Upvote 0
I'm using the first generation reverb(has the same resolution) and as long as you start everything in the right order WMR works just as good as i'm used to with the rift.
It really is a step up from the cv1 i used previously, it also takes quit a bit more graphic power but definitely worth the resolution boost.
The controllers on the g1 aren't the best and have quit a bit occlusion with the two front facing camera's, the cv1 controllers definitely worked better with the multiple camera angle setup.
Hopefully it works a bit better with the g2 because of the extra camera's.
The things i really don't like compared to the cv1 are the heavy cable and the fact that it uses very bright lcd panels witch suck for driving/flying at night.

Upvote 0
My pre-order is on too.
I can almost say for certain that these will sell out in the first few hours (like every other top of the range HMD) and will be impossible to get until next year if you dont get in now.
If you dont like it you may be able to sell it for more than you bought it for.

Upvote 0
No, but they are the official sellers linked from Steam, so just pay with CC and you should be covered if worried.

I was just having a quick look around their site and also their Google reviews and something doesn't seem quite right to me. Credit Card sounds like a good idea.

Upvote 0
My pre-order is on too.
I can almost say for certain that these will sell out in the first few hours (like every other top of the range HMD) and will be impossible to get until next year if you dont get in now.
If you dont like it you may be able to sell it for more than you bought it for.

A company the size of HP should be able to make large quantities if demand is maintained. A Pre-order gives them an idea on what quantities are needed. Nobody can say it won't be available in additional batches a month or so after release, that's just speculation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A company the size of HP should be able to make large quantities if demand is maintained. A Pre-order gives them an idea on what quantities are needed. Nobody can say it won't be available in additional batches a month or so after release, that's just speculation.
Totally agree, in the ideal world, but look at the Play Station and Xbox, they regularly run out of stock when launched.
If Sony and Microsoft cant get it right then HP may not either.

Upvote 0
Totally agree, in the ideal world, but look at the Play Station and Xbox, they regularly run out of stock when launched.
If Sony and Microsoft cant get it right then HP may not either.

I doubt the demand for this will continue to outstrip production for several months or is anything like the consoles. They are however preparing for a global release yes and no doubt production is well under way. Yet they are entering into a market a lot of people interested in VR already have a solution and may not be rushing to upgrade and its still a small segment in % of PC Gamers that will even be potential customers.

Upvote 0
I sold my CV1, spare sensors & controllers last week, and I've put my order in for a G2. I've gone with Bestware.com though, the German retailer. They are a bit more expensive after adding VAT, but I wanted to pay by Paypal (which SystemActive does not offer) and they also have a better no quibble returns policy.
I'm excited about it - I loved my Rift, but if ever I was asked to describe it, I always said 'It's unbelievable, but I just wish the resolution was better, and then it would be perfect'. I'm really hoping I will no longer have to add that 'but' on the end, when I get the G2.

Upvote 0
For me the Reverb G1 resolution is simply outstanding. So a no brainer for me to upgrade again to the G2. The extras that come with it, plus the improvements, will 100% make this the sim racers HMD. If you're worried about the FOV, I went from a Pimax 5K+ to the Index to the Reverb and still find the FOV fine for racing. The extra pixels into a smaller FOV completely change the game. I'm actually glad they didn't expand the FOV. I am running it on a 1080Ti, still. With a new GPU, with 200% supersample on every title, this will blow you away.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back