How to switch from Simbin to Altbierbude lobby

Here is some instructions for how to switch lobby in GT Legends. I suggest trying the instructions for Digital version first, as this one has been tested and works both for Digital and DVD version

New digital version of GT Legends
Switch from Simbin to Altbierbude:
  1. Write down your current Username and Password for the Simbin lobby for future reference. If you don't remember it you can find it in Userdata\"Name"\Name.PLR (just search for password in the file)
  2. Move the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" away from the main GTL directory and keep it somewhere safe. Also move backup files of LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt if you have any.
  3. Launch GTL
  4. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and click Register. Select a different Username and Password than your old one. Click the arrow (not login button) to register. If you don't get "Registration Successful" at first, try a few different usernames/passwords.
  5. When you have registered successfully, you will be taken to the login screen. It will still show your old Simbin Username so you first have to replace it with your new Username and Password. If you login successfully you should then log into the Altbierbude lobby.
  6. If it didn't work, try to register with a new username
Switching back to Simbin:
  1. Move the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" back to the GTL main directory
  2. Launch GTL
  3. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and login with your old Simbin Username and Password
Alternative instructions for DVD version of GT Legends
Switch from Simbin to Altbierbude:
  1. Write down your current Username and Password for the Simbin lobby for future reference. If you don't remember it you can find it in Userdata\"Name"\Name.PLR (just search for password in the file)
  2. Make a backup of "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" located in your main GTL directory. If the file doesn't exist, create it.
  3. In the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" delete the old content and write 94.23.231.41
  4. Launch GTL
  5. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and click Register. Select a different Username and Password than your old one. Click the arrow (not login button) to register. If you don't get "Registration Successful" at first, try a few different usernames/passwords.
  6. When you have registered successfully, you will be taken to the login screen. It will still show your old Simbin Username so you first have to replace it with your new Username and Password. If you login successfully you should then log into the Altbierbude lobby.
  7. If it didn't work, try to register with a new username
Switching back to Simbin:
  1. Open the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" located in the GTL main directory. Delete the old content and write gtlsrv.race-game.com
  2. Launch GTL
  3. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and login with your old Simbin Username and Password

In :D

Hans, did you remove LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt?
First sing I did !!
OK in the "hosts" file in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\ you can try one of the following adresses (try it one at a time):

Altbierbude #1&2

Altbierbude #3&4

Altbierbude #5
Where do I put it ??
in the plr file just a above your user name there is a line :online server: xxx.xxx.xx.xxx
do I replace this line ??

Weird, basically all I had to do to switch lobbies, is remove the .txt file. Then register. Then race.
I even got hold of my old login credentials from back when we used to race through the Buden-lobby all the time, and they still work:)

First sing I did !!

Where do I put it ??
in the plr file just a above your user name there is a line :online server: xxx.xxx.xx.xxx
do I replace this line ??
No, not in the PLR file (the PLR should stay default of Online Server="GTL_SERVER.txt")

The "hosts" file is here
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\

Make a backup of "hosts" first. It should look like this:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

At the end of the file you can try to write one of these lines (without # infront):
87.106.216.161 www.gtl-server.net

87.106.187.21 www.gtl-server.net

213.165.86.196 www.gtl-server.net

Hans, you may have just solved your problem there: In my PLR file it says:
Host IP Address="10.0.0.99" <-- Ignore this, it's my server's internal IP
Online Server="GTL_SERVER.txt"
Online UserName="Roland Warm"
Online Password="[my online password]"

The IP adress you have there belongs to i3d.net, RD's hosting provider. It might actually be the RD gameserver's address :roflmao:

If editing the Hosts file doesn't work, try changing the PLR to what Knut and me have there, that might do the trick.

It works :)

gtl_2012-08-21_16-55-57-13.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back