ARCA Sim Racing

First of all I want to apologise for any mayhem that I caused.That track is insane, especially for a first time racer!

but I would like to say thanks to everyobe, especially Bjorn, for the help and nencouragement you gave me, despite the fact I drove badly. I'll try to be there next week.

Yep, same here, this track was a bit hard for me as it was my first race on a short track. Looking at the front runners, it was ok, but behind, what a mess... I guess it will take time to get use to the drivers & cars around you, so close to you :)
See you next monday!

If someone has some tips to recover a medium oversteer, I am all ears, because most of the time it ends up badly. What should I do, brake, keep a constant throtle ?

I think this might have been my fault because my laptop was connected to the server to monitor the race..
and it went into sleep mode....I guess taking the whole session with it :S

sorry guys
and yes the win will go to Mauce
what track mauce....a easy one for everyone to learn :wink:

was a hard track guys.... had some longer runs in the 2nd part of the race, but all in all the mountain is a killer :D

was lucky with my pit window. Had new tires on with all guys in front on tires with about 30 laps on it, so after 10 laps all the guys in front were sliding and i could pass for the lead, which i kept until the mass disconnect :)

see you on Texas guys :D

• Bert Van Waes

this track was truly insane indeed. Nice scenery too!

I think for racing with 2 new guys in the pack it went pretty well. Remember this track was tight. First corners "yr three wide on the outside"... i was like freezing with stress allready:tremble:

Even James and Maurice had problems. :) Like all of us. I caused one off the yellows btw. Big spin suddenly, a bit like James sudden swerve in qualify. Difficult track, it was

So nice run new oval racers!

and grats to Maurice!:curl-lip:

Hello all,

Since this weekend we have recieved a lot of new faces on ARCA monday, which is great. But I guess most of the time some of you are guessing what it all means. Well with this I will get a bit on the basic.
btw keep an eye on this thread as it might get updated here and there

Lucky Dog
When a caution comes up and all the cars passes the finish line, in most cases a message will come up saying "Lucky dog, <name> passes all car" or something like that. This means that when the caution fell and the first person who is 1 lap down of the leaders, will get the opportunity to pass everyone and get back on the lead lap. Don't ignore this and use it, as it will give you a new chance to get back on top :))

Pit open for lead lap cars
During a caution and getting near the pit entry, you will hear your spotter say those words. This means that if you are on the same lap that the lead lap car is, then the pitroad is open for you. But if you are 1 or more lap down, then you must wait 1 more lap before you can enter the pitroad.

How to:
Pit
Most of the times some of you will have problems pitting in, during the green flag stops or during caution. This might lead to accidents on the pit road. There is a way to pit in to avoid accidents.
When you enter the pit, stay as far right of the pitroad that you can. You will notice that keeping on the far right there will be a white line on your left side. This line has a meaning.
Keep on the right until you are a couple of seconds away from you pitstall.
And after you are done with your pit and begin accelerating, this time try to keep on the left side of the white line for a while and until you are clear on your right side, then merge to the right. For a small group of cars (10 cars or so) it might not be that significant to do that, but if you are racing with 20+ cars on track, then it might be best to do this to avoid any incidents.

Pit exit
I'm pretty sure some of you wonder on wth can I begin accelerating when I exit corner. Especially considering there is no speed limiter and/or automatic speed limiter disconnection and/or even a good pit light at exit. I know I do pay a lot more attention now, or at least try to (especially considering that my 4 of the last 5 races I had a pitspeed violation lol). Well there is always an object that you can or must pay attention when getting out of pit (this goes especially for pit lane on big tracks that actually do not have a pit wall on the right side).
When you exit a pit lane, pay attention on the right side for a cone that is placed on the right edge of a white line. That is the line that marks the end of the pit lane. From here you can begin accelerate. But be careful for not spinning the tires on the exit, especially in 1st gear.
On short tracks you just need to pay attention on where the pit wall on the right side ends. That end also marks the end of the pit lane, that is unless there is a white line and a cone on the right side after the end of the right side pit wall. Then the end of the pit lane will be again the white line.

Start/restart
Gareth made already a great tip on this
check it out here:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/arca-sim-racing/20330-how-restarts.html

Draft / Bumpdraft
Drafting plays a bigger role in Stock Car Racing than any other sort of racing form.
It helps in getting faster and even save fuel on long runs, but keep to much in draft does tend to overheat the engine (depending on your engine opening)
Bumpdrafting is used on super speedways like Daytona & Talladega.

For bumpdrafting, check the discussion here
http://forum.racedepartment.com/arca-sim-racing/20312-how-bumpdraft.html
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nascar/.ele...eoId=busch/2010/02/04/nw_day_bumpdraft.nascar

Hi,
I want also to ask a question. when I run on a nascar league with the add on SCE on rFactor, when we were in the lap for the restart, the 1st driver stay at the right behind the safety car, the 2nd behind the 1st, the 3rd behind the 2nd and so on. And on the left line, we have the first car at one lap or more, behind him the 2nd car at one lap or more, and so one. Something like that :

But in 2009, in the official sprint cup, the rules has changed. The 1st car can choose the in line or the out line and the car behind put themself like a F1 grill.
Something like that :

or

I saw the thread "How to : restart?", http://forum.racedepartment.com/arca-sim-racing/20330-how-restarts.html#post348638
The answer seems to be the first proposal, but I want to know what rule is use now.

Well, for a first event, that was kinda fun! Had real difficulty keeping the car on the track after about 30 laps, but that was probably a combination of things - I left it quite late to go in for my first pit stop, and then realising i was a few laps down, started to push a little to hard coming out of the corners, resulting in oversteer spins that I just wasnt quick enough to recover from.

Either way though, it was useful for learning some of the rules under the pace car etc, and it was certainly a hard track, especially as it got darker. The lights coming on were quite a surprise!

Certainly not been put off the game by the event though, will give it another go soon on a track that is hopefully a bit longer!

I'd like to convey my thanks for all the assistance so far, especially from Bjorn, James, Ben and Christopher. Much appreciated!

First of all I want to apologise for any mayhem that I caused.That track is insane, especially for a first time racer!

but I would like to say thanks to everyobe, especially Bjorn, for the help and nencouragement you gave me, despite the fact I drove badly. I'll try to be there next week.

Tim no problem mate, it was a very hard track and you did well for the first time. see you next week :)

Well, for a first event, that was kinda fun! Had real difficulty keeping the car on the track after about 30 laps, but that was probably a combination of things - I left it quite late to go in for my first pit stop, and then realising i was a few laps down, started to push a little to hard coming out of the corners, resulting in oversteer spins that I just wasnt quick enough to recover from.

Either way though, it was useful for learning some of the rules under the pace car etc, and it was certainly a hard track, especially as it got darker. The lights coming on were quite a surprise!

Certainly not been put off the game by the event though, will give it another go soon on a track that is hopefully a bit longer!

I'd like to convey my thanks for all the assistance so far, especially from Bjorn, James, Ben and Christopher. Much appreciated!

yes mike i hope we have a longer track next time. hhahaa but yesterday eve everybody was giving it his best shot and oval racing is a learning process. :D see you next race

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back