How to get the best visual quality?

Im running 2 x GTX 670's in SLI and am trying to get the best possible visual quality.

It seems that no matter how high I set the AA or AF there are still lots of jaggies..

Does anyone know how to overcome this?

Do you have your desktop set to 120hz?

No, if I want to play smooth, I have to select 60Hz on my desktop... and 60Hz in the game.
Yes we have to point it out on the official forum

EDIT: Since Tuesday, I can play AC smooth like butter on 120Hz and I don't know why exactly.
I installed the Nvidia last driver, set up Full screen Rendering, Vsynch "off" ingame and "on" in Nvidia Inspector, and I have 120 FPS
all the time (exept in Monza 66 replays) and a smooth game like never in the past... happyness :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No problem Keith! If you want to do videos you should download GeForce Experience from NVIDIA and use the new resource called ShadowPlay. I haven't tested it yet, but a friend told me you can record videos with minimal performance loss, much better than Fraps.
Thanks Andre. I have been using shadow play and Fraps and both work well but your friend is right. Shadow Play has almost no effect and Fraps can drop frame rate by half or more. However I use three screens and like to do recordings with that and Shadow Play won't work with the 5760x1200 screen it appears. In single screen, 1920x1200 it is the best! On the other hand Fraps will do 5760x1200 with no problem but you need a really good frame rate to make it work. Thanks again to all for the great info.

Thats strange, are you using some sparse grid super sampling? Because that's the frame rate I get with a gtx 680 at 2500x1600 resolution.
yes i have 4x Sparse Grid Sampling set, to get rid of all the jaggy edged shadows, and I've set Vsync to adaptive using the Nvidia Inspector.
I'm unable to test it on a larger screen, but ill be brutally honest and say that when vsync is turned off i get around 230 FPS in cockpit view, its smooth as butter, but replays are going from around 210 down to 19 FPS :(
i imagine that the graphics engine needs some refining still, i hope it gets sorted soon

yes i have 4x Sparse Grid Sampling set, to get rid of all the jaggy edged shadows, and I've set Vsync to adaptive using the Nvidia Inspector.
I'm unable to test it on a larger screen, but ill be brutally honest and say that when vsync is turned off i get around 230 FPS in cockpit view, its smooth as butter, but replays are going from around 210 down to 19 FPS :(
i imagine that the graphics engine needs some refining still, i hope it gets sorted soon
Hmm well you might already know this but maybe not. I found that if I turn off Anisotropic filtering, (AF) then I get a great deal more frames. With the setup I spoke about above, thats with AF off... :( but try that you might get a lot more. I agree too that I hope the engine can be optimized further.

Well seem like most tracks, but playing Nurb GP, as soon as you start, you can see tyre marks blurring pretty quickly into the first bend. I am playing at 720p on a 42" Pioneer Plasma, but other games look way better in terms of AF. GPU is GTX 780.

Well seem like most tracks, but playing Nurb GP, as soon as you start, you can see tyre marks blurring pretty quickly into the first bend. I am playing at 720p on a 42" Pioneer Plasma, but other games look way better in terms of AF. GPU is GTX 780.

Are you using 16X AF? I have logged a bug report stating that there are AF issues at Nurb GP, It was the same at Monza until they fixed it.

For those having FPS issues running nVidia SLI in AC, turn your Shadows down to Very Low.
I was running them at High, as suggested on this forum, but realized that at Very Low, you get huge FPS gains, with minimal image quality loss. The shadows are much smoother and not jagged, so to me it makes the game look alot better...
Give it a try and see!

I've tried every shadow setting in the past, I just don't like they way they look on low, just blurry and less defined to me but the problem with the shadows in SLI is the medium setting. SLI works fine at the high setting and low setting, but SLI stops working when you use the medium setting. Its been this way for months now without a fix yet.

Do you find shadowplay ever randomly stops working and won't record?
Sunday I went to record the race, after checking it would record during practice, and no green light :( It happens to me a lot.

I know its beta, I plan to check if its a known issue, but thought I would ask about your experience.

It happens to me a lot also. Another thing i get is my recordings are at hyper speeds sometimes and i can't figure out why.

Anyone getting huge stutter on Vallelunga's last sector ? i have no idea how to get rid of it :(
I find using Sparse Grid Sampling introduces stutter and causes a 30 fps + hit on my GTX680 2GB.

Running with nVidia Inspector at vanilla settings and AC at 16x/8x sampling, the visuals are tad more jagging but the framerate is butter smooth in 120fps +.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back