How to get the best visual quality?

Im running 2 x GTX 670's in SLI and am trying to get the best possible visual quality.

It seems that no matter how high I set the AA or AF there are still lots of jaggies..

Does anyone know how to overcome this?

If you are truely planning to upgrade the pc, then theres no reason to wait really. The game will be there for you, when you upgrade.. even if it wouldn´t work on the current system. I can´t really say if it will work or not with the laptop, surely you can´t expect much more than close to minimum graphical settings i´d imagine. I would upgrade that wheel, in any case. I used DFP several years ago, and still own one, And even upgrading to just only DFGT woulb be hugely massive improvement over DFP.

Did you add both acs.exe and acShowroom.exe to the profile? Those are the correct .exe files. And yes, I leave all the other Inspector settings at default.

Yes I added both to the profile, and checking the nvidia control panel a respective profile had been added in the drop down for each .exe.

Anyways im home now so will be fiddling very soon. After that I might take a look at the game settings :roflmao:

Here is what I did to achieve good graphics (for NVIDIA GPU's):

In-game settings:

1- Turn off HDR and Motion Blur (both options are causing that blurry aspect);
2- Set Anisostropic Filtering to 2x (it's VERY resource intensive on this game, don't know why);
3- Set Shadows to High and AA to 4x;
4- Turn off Vertical Sync (use NVIDIA Inspector's one instead);
5- Turn off "Lock Onboard Camera to Horizon";
6- Set Cubemap Resolution to Low (very resource intensive) and Faces per Frame to 6 (for real-time car reflections);

NVIDIA Inspector:

1- Create a profile for Assetto Corsa (add both acs.exe and acShowroom.exe);
2- Set AA Transparency Supersampling to 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling (say goodbye to jaggies and ugly shadows);
3- Set Vertical Sync Tear Control to Adaptive or On (optional).

Results: 60 FPS all the time (except during Monza replays).

My configuration: i5 2300, 4GB, SSD and GTX 660Ti.

Screenshots:

http://imageshack.com/a/img824/434/1wza.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img706/8109/7bka.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img41/2555/xpqs.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img853/9407/ksy6.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img29/3084/8nz7.png
I've got almost the same setup but with AMD CPU (Phenom II X4 3,8Ghz). Done all the stuff you listed and at Valelunga on some points with big open spaces ahead - i've got FPS going from 60 to 30. But when I set AA to 2x in game - everything become fine.

Thanks Andre for the help! I'm trying different settings to get the best balance of video and performance and your help and information gave me a huge head start (not to mention that I didn't know about Nvidia Inspector!!) One thing I will tell you is that if I want to do videos I have to use only one screen instead of 3. When using Fraps my FR drops 30 to 50% which isn't so great when you start at 70fps. Having fun experimenting with video more than driving at the moment :O_o:

Did you add both acs.exe and acShowroom.exe to the profile? Those are the correct .exe files. And yes, I leave all the other Inspector settings at default.

After setting v-sync on using Inspector and still getting 170fps i knew something was wrong.
Retraced my steps and this thread and realised i had set the profile using 'AssettoCorsa.exe' not 'acs.exe'!! Doh!!

Anyway, this time with the profile working -

Yivfrha.jpg

Totally overexposed with the exact in game settings as before! I give up lol haha !!
And behind that blazing screen is jaggies!

I've got almost the same setup but with AMD CPU (Phenom II X4 3,8Ghz). Done all the stuff you listed and at Valelunga on some points with big open spaces ahead - i've got FPS going from 60 to 30. But when I set AA to 2x in game - everything become fine.
You can change HDR exposure with PageUp and PageDown. I also think the tarmac is too bright with the M3 GT2 in Imola for example. Press four to five times pageDown and it should be much better.
You can also stop the hdr from adding the blur to the image. In /system/cfg/hdr.ini there is an option for blur samples. Just put it at 0 and it should be gone.

After setting v-sync on using Inspector and still getting 170fps i knew something was wrong.
Retraced my steps and this thread and realised i had set the profile using 'AssettoCorsa.exe' not 'acs.exe'!! Doh!!

Yivfrha.jpg

Totally overexposed with the exact in game settings as before! I give up lol haha !!
I think the Supersampling is messing up the HDR in some way, but u can adjust it with pageDown

Thanks Andre for the help! I'm trying different settings to get the best balance of video and performance and your help and information gave me a huge head start (not to mention that I didn't know about Nvidia Inspector!!) One thing I will tell you is that if I want to do videos I have to use only one screen instead of 3. When using Fraps my FR drops 30 to 50% which isn't so great when you start at 70fps. Having fun experimenting with video more than driving at the moment :O_o:

No problem Keith! If you want to do videos you should download GeForce Experience from NVIDIA and use the new resource called ShadowPlay. I haven't tested it yet, but a friend told me you can record videos with minimal performance loss, much better than Fraps.

Yivfrha.jpg

I'm pretty sure something is wrong with your settings. Can you post a picture of your AC's Inspector profile?

Also, you can use PageUp and PageDown to fix that HDR.

I'm pretty sure something is wrong with your settings. Can you post a picture of your AC's Inspector profile?

Also, you can use PageUp and PageDown to fix that HDR.

Did a reboot and seems things got better. Took waaaaay more than a couple presses of PageDown to take away the glare, and it made other aspects of the visuals get bad.
Anyway, after sorting my user error with the acs.exe (still cant believe I did that!) and then a reboot after getting all that glare, this happened....

HDR off = no jaggies :)
u0uCqPd.jpg

HDR on = no jaggies :)
BifQdcb.jpg

Did some testing with Anisotropic and texture filtering modes in Assetto Corsa.
I have Nvidia GXT 670 and used Nvidia Inspector to modify settings.

Please remember im old and loosing my marples so all this could be totally wrong. :p

Test results:
1.Framerate "Quality" vs "High Quality" texture settings = 87 vs 72 FPS ("Allow" Negative LOD bias) , 100 vs 72 FPS ("Clamp" Negative LOD bias)
-"Quality" texture settings gets framerate boost when using "Clamp" but has no effect when using "High Quality" textures.
-"High Quality" textures are sharper/coarse

2."Allow" vs "Clamp" Negative LOD bias
- With Nvidia default "Quality" texture settings "Allow" is sharper(coarse) looking but "Clamp" anti-aliased the picture. Like I said earlier using "Clamp" will give framerate boost
- With "High Quality" texture settings there no difference in performance&visual quality between "Allow" and "Clamp"

3.Framerate "Application-Controlled" vs "User Defined" Aniso setting:16x
- Application controlled ANISO will give framerate boost
- Picture quality unchanged

Conclusion:
1.For high framerate use->"Quality" texture filtering, "Clamp" Negative LOD bias and "Application(game)" controlled ANISO.
- Picture will be aliased but slighly blurry.
2.For sharp, aliased picture use->"High Quality" texture filtering and "Application(game)" controlled ANISO,
- Framerate will drop

Comparison pictures->
https://mega.co.nz/#!9B9VQR5a!C2hhIGEHw146jNAfLU2zIl6dyQ1wigzkS4UrXExzGgQ

Last edited:
@o0thx11380o : Thank you very much.
After a lot of tests yesterday, I decided to put my 120Hz monitor on 60Hz
and with 1920x1080 60Hz in game. The mini Freeze or stutters are not here anymore. I will retest tonight on all tracks.

It's sad to have a 120Hz monitor and that the 1920x1080 119Hz in game doesn't work.
On my monitor I have a choice between, 120Hz, 110Hz, 100Hz or 60Hz.
In game I have the choise between 119, 89, 79 or 60 (I think)

Only the 60Hz seems to work.

Why is 119Hz in game and not 120Hz?

@o0thx11380o : Thank you very much.
After a lot of tests yesterday, I decided to put my 120Hz monitor on 60Hz
and with 1920x1080 60Hz in game. The mini Freeze or stutters are not here anymore. I will retest tonight on all tracks.

It's sad to have a 120Hz monitor and that the 1920x1080 119Hz in game doesn't work.
On my monitor I have a choice between, 120Hz, 110Hz, 100Hz or 60Hz.
In game I have the choise between 119, 89, 79 or 60 (I think)

Only the 60Hz seems to work.

Why is 119Hz in game and not 120Hz?

Do you have your desktop set to 120hz?

I have a 120hz monitor too, but must select 120hz refresh on the desktop otherwise my monitor only outputs in 60hz even though 119hz Is selected in game.

I'm not sure why there is no 120hz option, even though I manually set 120hz in the video config the monitor still only outputs at 119hz. Maybe one for the official forum.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back