Honda Racing Lawn Mower

Cars Honda Racing Lawn Mower V0.95

Login or Register an account to download this content
I use Gimp, python, and AutoIT to automate the process of creating many skins from a few templates and a list of color schemes. I'm assuming we can leverage this basic workflow to generate a base set of skins with various layouts/colors.

Automation Demo:

Maybe we should start posting up pics of lawnmowers we'd like skins of?

1920-lawnmower-racing-1.jpg

Haha, yeahi joined the race, i was there :D

I watched the one at Monza then joined for the ones after at the Nords' ans Highlands - pretty chaotic but a load of fun, really awesome to see sonmany poeple both racing and watching.

First time I've had the chance to race any of my content online too, was a cool experience.

I love your Dallara but this thing is completely off the charts. I can't believe how much fun it is on (and off) track! And to think this was all accomplished on a single weekend - very impressive indeed.

I hope at some point you get a chance to add a couple LODs to help us guys with older systems run a full grid, and maybe (crossing my fingers) you'll consider adding an S1 version that loses the mowing deck and adds an old style F1 front wing (snow plow style) mounted off the bumper and a small wing in the back to help with stability at racing pace.

Thanks for making my weekend :D

I love your Dallara but this thing is completely off the charts. I can't believe how much fun it is on (and off) track! And to think this was all accomplished on a single weekend - very impressive indeed.

I hope at some point you get a chance to add a couple LODs to help us guys with older systems run a full grid...

Really appreciate words like these. I do this because I enjoy the challenge, but seeing other people enjoy what is frankly a very silly creation makes it even better :) Especially after that one cretin so forcefully insisted I was wasting my time... :roflmao:

Yep, definitely going to try and spruce it up and make sure it performs well. Can't say I'll get decent AI though, been experimenting all morning to no avail, these guys just can't drive a racing mower :/

...and maybe (crossing my fingers) you'll consider adding an S1 version that loses the mowing deck and adds an old style F1 front wing (snow plow style) mounted off the bumper and a small wing in the back to help with stability at racing pace.

Thanks for making my weekend :D

Now don't be giving me ideas... :rolleyes:

-----

Here's the video of the Monza Junior race from last night, with outtakes at the end... Have to say, I'd never heard of this guy or seen his videos before, but I really enjoyed the hilarity, and believe it or not there was actually some close racing happening at a few points in the evening :D

Last edited:
Yep, definitely going to try and spruce it up and make sure it performs well. Can't say I'll get decent AI though, been experimenting all morning to no avail, these guys just can't drive a racing mower :/

Btw, just fixed the AI, so they are somewhat competitive now (ie, they won't slow down ridiculously at every apex causing you to slam into the back of them...). Turns out there is a weird bug relating to the diff lock settings, if its set to 1 the AI goes too slowly... don't ask me why, but now its been changed to 0.999 the AI know have miraculously remembered how to drive again :roflmao:

@garyjpaterson when do we get to make liveries for the racing mower! :)

In my perfect imaginary world there would also be a version with aero, adjustable gears, and no actual mowing blade/compartment underneath. Getting that caught on a curb could be disastrous.

Cheers,

Esotic

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Trophies