Honda Racing Lawn Mower

Cars Honda Racing Lawn Mower V0.95

Login or Register an account to download this content
garyjpaterson submitted a new resource:

Honda Racing Lawn Mower - Honda HF2620

Here is the result of a 5-day binge project, to satisfy my own curiosity as to what can be achieved (by me) in a short timeframe.

This is the answer: A not-quite-finished Honda Racing Lawn mower built by the British based BTCC team "Team Dynamics", based on the HF2620 mower.

Please note: This was built as a personal challenge, and as result it does not represent the quality or polish I'd hope to achieve in any of my future projects!

Ayjfb2Wh.jpg

Read more about this resource...

This was such a rush I haven't actually had anyone other than me test it works yet... so yeah, if someone can let me know it all works properly that'd be great :D

Plus if anyone wants to change the colour just make a texture called "colour_detail_1" (I think!) and paste it in a new skin folder. "colour_detail_2" is just for the cutting deck atm.

Here is list of incomplete stuff, let me know if anyone has any interest in me working through it or would you rather I just move into the FRS or Transit? :roflmao:

Tyre textures
Rim blurs
Instrument cluster
various dashboard buttons/lights etc
headlights
vinyl stickers/livery
various mechanical bits (especially front brakes)
A few asymmetrical bodywork bits
LODs (although the base model is pretty light already)
Some physics refinements subject to feedback

:)

This was such a rush I haven't actually had anyone other than me test it works yet... so yeah, if someone can let me know it all works properly that'd be great :D

Plus if anyone wants to change the colour just make a texture called "colour_detail_1" (I think!) and paste it in a new skin folder. "colour_detail_2" is just for the cutting deck atm.

Here is list of incomplete stuff, let me know if anyone has any interest in me working through it or would you rather I just move into the FRS or Transit? :roflmao:

Tyre textures
Rim blurs
Instrument cluster
various dashboard buttons/lights etc
headlights
vinyl stickers/livery
various mechanical bits (especially front brakes)
A few asymmetrical bodywork bits
LODs (although the base model is pretty light already)
Some physics refinements subject to feedback

:)
First I want you to work further n this and secondly, I think Honda used Kart-slicks not street tyres for this

Yeah thats what i thought. Quite distinctive looking tyres, so I'd like to reproduce them ingame.

Here are the first pics I have from last Wednesday evening, basically a proof of concept (checking the physics to see if it would work, the driver position etc). Just a couple of turbosmoothed boxes :)

7ctF1Muh.jpg

sFR2pvdh.jpg

This is end of day 5 in the CM showroom:

KjleEuoh.jpg

dBZvgl9h.jpg

I replaced the tyres with the ones from the Tatuus. Without adjustments in the tyre sizes the car can do a wheelie from a standing start, with adjustments back to the original size the car grip rolls at every possibility.

I replaced the tyres with the ones from the Tatuus. Without adjustments in the tyre sizes the car can do a wheelie from a standing start, with adjustments back to the original size the car grip rolls at every possibility.

Wait what, you're saying the car wheelies/rolls with super grippy slicks from a racing car? What else do you expect? It weighs next to nothing, and the CoG is relative high?

That's why it doesn't come with slicks. I gave it the tyres it has for a reason, the 3d model has nothing to do with that.

Wait what, you're saying the car wheelies/rolls with super grippy slicks from a racing car? What else do you expect? It weighs next to nothing, and the CoG is relative high?

That's why it doesn't come with slicks. I gave it the tyres it has for a reason, the 3d model has nothing to do with that.
Man I wasn't trying to insult you, I just said that the perhaps more realistic tyres are too grippy for this car. And I know that this is no 3d-model problem.

Man I wasn't trying to insult you, I just said that the perhaps more realistic tyres are too grippy for this car. And I know that this is no 3d-model problem.

No worries, but I don't know where you're getting that the tyres on it atm are not realistic? If its the name (streets) then pay no attention, as its just a name. The tyres are different from any street tyre in AC.

No worries, but I don't know where you're getting that the tyres on it atm are not realistic? If its the name (streets) then pay no attention, as its just a name. The tyres are different from any street tyre in AC.
Ah, ok. That was what was worrying me. But in the top speed attempt of top gear the driver didn't look like he was just feeding the gas. Again, I'm no expert, I just noticed that.

It's already been reuploaded :mad:

Cheers for the heads up. Really irritates me this...

Ah, ok. That was what was worrying me. But in the top speed attempt of top gear the driver didn't look like he was just feeding the gas. Again, I'm no expert, I just noticed that.

And yeah check the lat/long G, its still pretty grippy. Its just a bit of fun, and sliding is more fun than gripping so much it falls over :roflmao:

@garyjpaterson Can we get a template for making liveries?

Slight change of plan on the templates - I was planning on releasing them now but because there are still some changes to be made the model (mostly the small asymmetric stuff), there would be no point as the UV map would likely change and all skins would need redone. I'll get on it soon and hopefully have it sorted in a few days :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%