Honda CB750 Crosskart

Cars Honda CB750 Crosskart 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Stereo submitted a new resource:

Honda CB750 Crosskart - bike powered tube frame kart

View attachment 340572
Introduction
Earlier this year I was looking for an external timetable to get a project done. At the same time the Youtube channel Cars and Cameras announced a new crosskart build, from scratch. I threw together an engine model matching the one they'd announced and went from there.

The engine turned out not to have a clutch so they swapped over to a larger displacement Honda engine. My model is still the smaller one cause it's fine, differences...

Read more about this resource...

Oh wow, more presents! What's going on this year? :laugh:

Thanks for working on this, and releasing it whilst I have some time off work. The kids are now in their rooms playing with their presents and wife has gone back to bed for a nap, so it would seem rude of me not to take this wee beastie out for a spin (probably a very apt choice of words).

Thanks for all your hard work on this (and your other cars) - I shall be leaving a review once I've spent some time with it :thumbsup:

I like this thing !
One observation though: I drove it at Karelia Cross and almost each lap I have to reset the FFB app because the car is losing all FFB (Simucube DD wheel).
To maintain a acceptable level of FFB I had to crank the app up from the stock (20) to 30, whereas for almost all others cars I need to crank the level down to 15.
I had the same 'issue' with a few cars from UncleM and also a few from Legion and it seems the be related to the car's initial front setup. I have no clue if this even makes sense, but the 'issue' is not imaginary.
Maybe you have a solution ?

It should have enough brake power to lock up the front tires.

I'm not familiar with that ffb app so no comment, sorry. I play AC with 100% ffb on every car and no apps adjusting it if that's helpful.

Hm....
I tried with keyboard and mouse, and when I try to brake, (on the pedals app) the break pedal max value is about 20-25% of the column.
brakemax.jpg
Every assists is off, ABS is factory, but I tried on OFF too.
I must rig up my steering wheel to try with them, but before this mod no other mods produce this type of error.

Last edited:
Hm....
I tried with keyboard and mouse, and when I try to brake, (on the pedals app) the break pedal max value is about 20-25% of the column.
Yeah, reproduced the issue with keyboard inputs, unfortunately I have no idea why it's doing that. I tried fiddling with the ABS settings and it didn't change it. If I find a fix I'll do an update.

The CM showroom turns it 180 for reasons I haven't worked out, it looks correct in Blender and the official showroom and ingame.

That's right, I noticed this difference after writing the post. After all, it's a very nice "toy car" to ride, nice to look at the suspension animation :) Good work!

preview.jpg

I have a Honda CBX 250 Crosskart. I'm on vacation so I only tried your mod today when I went to the city where my PC is. I was very curious to find the differences between my car and yours mod.

By the few laps I did on Top Gear Test Track, I checked the brake temperatures and noticed the rear pads almost don't touch the disk and the front brakes lock easily the wheels.

My crosskart has a Volkswagen Beetle brake master cylinder and provides a good brake bias. At low speeds, I can lock all the four wheels.

In most cases a motorcycle gearbox doesn't need to disengage the clutch to upshift and downshift but for achieve it it's necessary to lift the gas handle... or the gas pedal in the crosskart.

At high speeds, the understeer is very noticeable but it's obviously caused by the concentrated weight on the rear axle, the lack of aerodynamics and the poor grip tyres aren't made for driving on tarmac.

I don't have any conclusions about the suspension because I just need to try your crosskart in a dirt track but I don't know where I find anyone to download.

I'm anxious to see updates to your mod so I hope you have time and willingness to improve it.

Last edited:
I added a link to the PSDs in the discussion thread of my crosskart livery, if anyone's interested

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back