Hold a little longer with Win10 Upgrade, Win11 is coming

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
  • Deleted member 197115

Wow, a bunch of HDR handling and WMR improvements. Interesting.

Don't forget to disable Nahimic service as it got reenabled after update causing slow down on opening any new windows.
Power settings also defaulted to Power Saver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its possible to get all the improvements to Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 too, they released updates there too. As far as I can tell for WMR there is no advantage to Windows 11 although the new stuff is a helpful improvement.

I updated my PC (Ryzen 3900X, 32go, RTX2080ti) with the last version of W11 (clean install) .. set the game mode to high performance on ACC, set de power plan to high performance and.. well.. it's working fine!

I think i had a little boost in performance (maybe 15%) with W11 but.. you know.. it's a clean install. My old W10 probebly had some "issues" ;)

• Deleted member 197115

I updated my PC (Ryzen 3900X, 32go, RTX2080ti) with the last version of W11 (clean install) .. set the game mode to high performance on ACC, set de power plan to high performance and.. well.. it's working fine!

I think i had a little boost in performance (maybe 15%) with W11 but.. you know.. it's a clean install. My old W10 probebly had some "issues" ;)
Surprised Game Mode makes an improvement for someone, it was always the source of different issues.

No support for my lowly 6700K - guess I'll be staying put for a couple of years yet as it runs Assetto/CSP/SOL fine as there's no cpu upgrade path for me on my motherboard. But I am liking what I'm seeing when peeps talk about a faster overall system with windows 11 just ashame it requires me to buy a new PC more less.

Game Mode - gawd knows whether it helps or not - I just leave it on in hope...

• Deleted member 197115

Auto HDR is pretty nice in titles that support it.
Dying Light looks gorgeous just like native HDR title.

I am having performance problems in VR. Euro Truck Simulator 2 and ACC both used to run without reprojection on the settings I have and I have carried over the saves and settings but both are reprojecting almost all the time. Performance is much worse on Windows 11. I think I may be running into the dreaded Virtualisation based security since it says its running (I did a clean install since its usually safer than an upgrade) and despite following the guides to disable it the darn thing still says running.

I am either waiting for a patch or clean reinstalling back to Windows 10, I'll give MS a few days to solve it but if they don't I dumping this hunk of junk. Went for the upgraded Win11 settings, leaving because the performance sucks.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I am having performance problems in VR. Euro Truck Simulator 2 and ACC both used to run without reprojection on the settings I have and I have carried over the saves and settings but both are reprojecting almost all the time. Performance is much worse on Windows 11. I think I may be running into the dreaded Virtualisation based security since it says its running (I did a clean install since its usually safer than an upgrade) and despite following the guides to disable it the darn thing still says running.

I am either waiting for a patch or clean reinstalling back to Windows 10, I'll give MS a few days to solve it but if they don't I dumping this hunk of junk. Went for the upgraded Win11 settings, leaving because the performance sucks.
Did you disable Virtual Screens, there is setting in WMR Portal now, and it's on by default. Also power plan is set to Power Save by default.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from the general bugs and virtualization impact... If you are on AMD then there are two major issues affecting performance, neither of which have fixes yet. From PC Mag:

One of the discovered problems can cause the L3 cache in AMD chips to potentially increase the latency by three times. Slowing the L3 memory bank can thus drag down the access times for certain applications. “Expected performance impact of 3-5% in affected applications,” AMD wrote in the support document. “10-15% outliers possible in games commonly used for eSports.”

The second issue deals with the chips' “UEFI CPPC2" system, which can communicate with the OS about which CPU cores are best capable of achieving a high boost speed for a given programming task. For some reason, the UEFI CPPC2 won’t always “preferentially schedule threads on a processor’s fastest core” while running Windows 11, AMD says. As a result, the problem can cause performance to slow, especially for single-threaded programs.

“Applications sensitive to the performance of one or a few CPU threads may exhibit reduced performance,” the company added. “Performance impact may be more detectable in >8-core processors above 65W TDP.”

Last edited:
Have done a bunch more testing and AC is working fine as is R3E and other games. So appears to be a unique problem to just a couple of games so I have raised concerns on those and hope SCS will look into it and fix it. At least its not a universal problem but a specific fault with just some applications but its still annoying because its one I quite like and its stopping me playing it until its fixed.

What’s new in Windows 11 Build 22000.282 (Beta and Release Preview Channel Insiders) :

• We fixed an L3 caching issue that might affect performance in some applications on devices that have AMD Ryzen processors after upgrading to Windows 11 (original release).
  • (...)

Good news if you were impacted by this issue: MS solved it.

I ran the app to see if my computer was win 11 ready and it had the audacity to tell me my computer wasn't good enough. It's just some bios settings but still, saying it in front of my PC, I think it's depressed now.

Something to do with secure boot. I had a quick go at fixing it but it broke the boot up so I'll have to read up on it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back