HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

Some update: I have prepared the Draft pool. Once all teams have signed (I'll wait. I have all the time in the world), I'll post the list and we'll start the draft.

I'd say get making B-teams, because New games often find that people will start joining once they see it going.

@GTAlpha it might be worth tagging some people you might think would want to join.

Bosco Lam Proudly present:
RaceDepartment Indy 500 Series

After dissatisfied with the Lack of indycar contents in this forum,I have decided to host a forum game about the history of Indy 500(1911-2018).The rules will be the follows:

1.At the start of the game, 11 players choose their 3 drivers, Chassis and their engine in a first come first served basis in the comments. The duration of the period is one week.Each drivers and the chassis and also engine will have their own skill points.Skill points affects the Performance of the driver at the race.
2.I will simulate the results of the qualifying and the race using Xkoranate,a popular scorinator. Qualifying will be still in the 4 days Format.
3.the time advances one year,rinse amd repeat.
4.winning the indy500 worth 200 points,pole position worth 100 points,finishing the race worth 50 points and dnf means nothing. the user who has the highest points will be the winner.
Now,i will start a test run. It will span 2016 to 2018. Anyone interested?

Checked in:

@rubaru
@Sasha Jednak
@Omer Said
@oorjit07
@Benutzername
@TTupsi

Last edited:
@bosco lam Okay, sounds interesting, as guys above said, more details... So I have a few questions:
1) How many different chassis and engines is available?
2) Is "SKILL" only number used? I guess you take a skill of driver, chassis and engine and add it together for each driver...
3) What does it mean "Duration of period is 1 week"? What is period there, a race or something else?
4) How does 4 day format qualy works?
5) Actually I just realized this is only about Indy500, not whole Indycar season. :D So this test game and your main game would be just 1 race per year? Where we would choose 3 drivers, chassis and engine. Is there any upgrades between seasons? Any budget used? And do we have any control of the race? Or we just choose drivers and parts and then you simulate Q and R...

@bosco lam Okay, sounds interesting, as guys above said, more details... So I have a few questions:
1) How many different chassis and engines is available?
2) Is "SKILL" only number used? I guess you take a skill of driver, chassis and engine and add it together for each driver...
3) What does it mean "Duration of period is 1 week"? What is period there, a race or something else?
4) How does 4 day format qualy works?
5) Actually I just realized this is only about Indy500, not whole Indycar season. :D So this test game and your main game would be just 1 race per year? Where we would choose 3 drivers, chassis and engine. Is there any upgrades between seasons? Any budget used? And do we have any control of the race? Or we just choose drivers and parts and then you simulate Q and R...
1.it depends of the year.
2.yes,number only
3.the choosing period.
4.the faster driver of day 1 quali takes pole. the drivers who qualifying on the day 2-4 will qualify behind the day 1 qualifiers.(More:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indianapolis_500_pole-sitters)
5.just choose driver and engine and that's it.

1.it depends of the year.
2.yes,number only
3.the choosing period.
4.the faster driver of day 1 quali takes pole. the drivers who qualifying on the day 2-4 will qualify behind the day 1 qualifiers.(More:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indianapolis_500_pole-sitters)
5.just choose driver and engine and that's it.
Thanks for answers. One last question from me, about skill? What range are you using(0-100, 0-1000)? And do you use default xKoranate formula for Auto racing?

Since, I tried it for F12019, with Hamilton on 98 skill and worst were Williams pair on 70, and I got Albon (76 skill) winning races. :roflmao: So just checking, because if the randomness is to big, then those choices we make are not really important.:(

So I make a test using the 1993 indy 500 IRL and Penske Mercedes as usual swept the front row.

but when it come to race day AND WTF LUYENDYK LAPPING THE WHOLE FIELD AND FITTIPALDI RUNNING 3 ****ING LAPS DOWN?????

So Fittipaldi must be Faded midway through the Race.
or he has electrical problems just like what Mario Andretti Experinced in the 1987 500.

So I make a test using the 1993 indy 500 IRL and Penske Mercedes as usual swept the front row.

but when it come to race day AND WTF LUYENDYK LAPPING THE WHOLE FIELD AND FITTIPALDI RUNNING 3 ****ING LAPS DOWN?????

So Fittipaldi must be Faded midway through the Race.
or he has electrical problems just like what Mario Andretti Experinced in the 1987 500.

And I am now getting Lyn St.James winning the 500 ahead of Fittipadi.

Signing up my B-Team today:

Team Name
Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome Car Template.jpg

Sponsors
Transformers

Engine
Toyota

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period