HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

Hmm i dont think cheats are a bad idea.

But if both players have a cheat with "opponent is not using scissor"... how could that work? Its not possible?

And as you said, thw game is a bit random. But the cheats are created by the "random" results -> who got lucky gets an advantage?

-

If there are cheats , maybe the player has to choose a target fiest to achieve it. Pr predi t the score. Something like that.

I'll be in either way, but cheats will need to be closely monitored so as to not grossly affect the randomness of the game. Not a bad idea, and certainly could work.

As for R-P-S-L-Sp (or any other similar alternative), we could have special rounds where these extra moves are used, but most normal rounds, shootouts and finals use the classic R-P-S.

Thanks everyone for your input. I just want to clarify some of your comments before moving on with an updated version of the game.

Anything taking inspiration from the Big Bang Theory is a no from me
Actually, it's been around quite a lot longer than BBT. I was just using it as an example that everyone might have heard of rather than having to explain how it would work.

RPS is fun for its casualness, I think cheats might destroy it.
If I introduce cheats, are you going to quit playing the game? That would be the opposite of what I want.

But if both players have a cheat with "opponent is not using scissor"... how could that work? Its not possible?
Both players can use a cheat to help them understand their opponent's FIRST CHOICE. If you use a cheat and change your picks, then you are done. You wouldn't know until after the match if your opponent used a cheat as well. You can't use a Cheat to find out how your opponent changed his picks based on his cheat. Make sense?

And as you said, thw game is a bit random. But the cheats are created by the "random" results -> who got lucky gets an advantage?
I think we can start the whole season with everyone having 3 tokens or something. That way there is no advantage just because you got lucky and won the first match of the season. The whole point of this exercise is to introduce an element of strategy to the game and having a way to influence the outcome.

As for R-P-S-L-Sp (or any other similar alternative), we could have special rounds where these extra moves are used, but most normal rounds, shootouts and finals use the classic R-P-S.
I like this...extra moves only allowed in the knock-out rounds. And I'm also thinking no cheats allowed in the knock-out rounds. Or we can say everyone is allowed one cheat.

No explanation just choose :)

You need to pick:
- A Racing Game to play single-player.
- A Racing Game to play online.
- A force-feedback wheel.
- A real-life racer to accompany you with his own gaming rig.
- A subscription to a motorsport broadcast.
- A beverage brand you choose to supply you forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
there's not yet 11 players...
My suggestion is to make adjustments to do it with less players. Main reason is following: 2 best games on this forum (similar to this one) are/were Formula Legacy manager and RD Formula manager, and they both have/had 9 players.

So, since this is a test run anyway, just do it with less players. If needed use "AI" to fill the rest. And then if people like it they will join.

As you said that test run will be for seasons 2016-2018, and 11 teams will choose 3 drivers each, yes. As Omer asked, please provide us with the list of 33 (or more) drivers, that we can choose at the start (meaning for season 2016). :thumbsup:

basically it is the 33 drivers who started the indy 500, but with some what ifs.

Here's the what if of 2016.

Jenson Button(R):
What if the 2009 world champion skipped Monaco GP to race in 500?
Alex Zanardi(R):
He is trying to make a comeback on IndyCar. Will he win?
Danica Patrick:
the 2005 ROTY returns from the Nascar to race on indy.
Lance Stroll(R):
Known for his wealth more than his Skills, Stroll arrives to the Speedway trying to become the Youngest 500 Winner.
for the 33 qualifiers:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Indianapolis_500

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back