Heusinkveld Sprint pedals occasionally stops responding mid race !

I got my new Heusinkveld Sprint pedals a couple of weeks ago and they are amazing! I almost exclusively race Assetto Corsa Competizione. However, twice they have started to act up mid race! Either you get stuck in full throttle or they do not respond at all and same with the breaks. If you wait a few seconds they respond again for a second and then they act up again!? It is like they get stuck in on/off loop. Anyone have the same issue or suggestion on what is happening?

First of all seeing Enzo posting here, I have to say I've received excellent support from both him and the company with my sprints and it's great to see how serious they take any issues.

Second of all I've had a similar issue using mine plugged into a Usb-C hub, after switching to a standard rear motherboard port, I haven't had any issues. So seems that was the issue for me. Only happened once or twice, but obviously its something to address. Going to be getting the motherboard with the most ports next time around for sure, it's amazing how sensitive this gear is to them and how many you need.

Upvote 0
First of all seeing Enzo posting here, I have to say I've received excellent support from both him and the company with my sprints and it's great to see how serious they take any issues.

Second of all I've had a similar issue using mine plugged into a Usb-C hub, after switching to a standard rear motherboard port, I haven't had any issues. So seems that was the issue for me. Only happened once or twice, but obviously its something to address. Going to be getting the motherboard with the most ports next time around for sure, it's amazing how sensitive this gear is to them and how many you need.
Was this a powered USB hub? We've seen some issue with (cheaper and unpowered) USB hubs which cause the voltage drops

Upvote 0
Was this a powered USB hub? We've seen some issue with (cheaper and unpowered) USB hubs which cause the voltage drops
Yes I had issues plugging them into powered hubs I have 3 types, powered, unpowered and mini ones unpowered, I plug my Sprints directly into the PC also my DD2 + my DDU
But with the Sprints start to finish fault finding took about 125 seconds to place them directly to the PC lol wasn’t anything complicated.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Have been having the same issue recently and contacted support@heusinkveld just before the weekend. Tried all USB-ports on my PC and all produce the same issue (Dirt 2.0). For me it seems all pedals are affected - the throttle and clutch 100% sure.

Considering many of you have solved the issue - why haven't you posted how to solve it on this thread?

Upvote 0
Hi there !
Exact same probleme here...
Brand new sprints that I can't use since last Wednesday...
Heusinkveld support has been really reactive and they shoudl send me a new USB board today...
I hope that will solve it, installing back my CSL Elite pedals has been heart breaking...

For those who had the problem, what solved it ?

Upvote 0
It seems the OP's issue was using a usb hub. If you have already connected directly to your pc and are still having issues perhaps it's a hardware or emi issue. In either case Heusinkvelds support will take care of you.

Upvote 0
Well I'm using a 10m active extender, no HUB. And I can't do without the extender...
This might be a problem for some applications. I have used a 10 m extender for Thrustmaster products without any issues. That said my input devices (keyboard, mouse keypad) will not work properly when using a usb-hub, so they have to go directly to the mainboard usb ports.

Upvote 0
Well I do have have a B550 mobo so to remove that issue I used also an internal PCIE USB board a good one that is recommened for diffcult HMDs like the Reverb G2... Same issue...
Problems seems to arise when pedals are mounted on rig that means close to bas sshakers adn DD1 and other cables / power supplies... If that can't handle it it's a major flaw tbh...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You do realise that if the issue does not reside in the pedals themselves, you'll only be troubleshooting a different set later on down the line, right?

Not having any issues previously does not make you impervious to not having them in the future. Take it from me who has had a nicely operating sim system many times, only for something to creep up and give nightmares for days and even weeks. A faulty cable is more common than you'd think and if this is the case, it would be a shame to muck around sending hardware back because they were the catalyst for showing up inadequate hardware elsewhere in your system.

If you can't be bothered with troubleshooting or problem solving, I'd strongly advice seeking another hobby. I've found it's an inescapable part of sim racing and PC gaming / usage in general.

Upvote 0
Well, no some things should just work, I accept troubleshooting a next gen VR headset and I have done it a couple times because it just maxes out everything from USB bandwith to Display port bandwith. But we are talking about a simple USB device that just send 3 x 12 bits values at standard rate... Nothing extraordinay that should require troubleshooting...
I'm the kind of guy that can be OCD with such things and I tend most of the times to double stuff like cabling... All my video lines and USB lines are doubled just in case one cable gets damaged or so... Same with my usually unsused PCIE USB Board that is just there in case MOBO ports causes issues... Most of the possible solutions are already integrated lol... So no in my case it should just work ootb.

So I will just get a replacement board Thursday and give it a last chance... Now if it just can't handle sitting next to a DD wheel, basshakers and a couple power supplies...

I cross finger because mechanically they are just awsome !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I did some more troubleshooting because installing back my CSL elite was heart breaking lol...
I tried aw orst case scenario to checl the extender, I plugged my 10m extender and added a 5 meter extender a 3meter extender a 2meter extender and the longest usb A to B cable that i had.... That was 23 meters of USB with 5 cables and guess what pedals were working without issues... So I 'm pretty sure my 10 meter extender is not the issue.
Then I remembered that I did a lot of testing with pedals not on the rig and they never failed... they only failed when bolted on the rig. And then thought about the huge power supply from tge DD1 that was sitting just under the pedal tray a few cm below the pedals... So I took all apart and rewired the PSU under my seat. I did that yesterday and no issue since... I received the new USB board today from Heuskinveld and replaced the original one just in case...
Now I keep my fingers crossed....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You know what? This is the only thread I have seen regarding issues with HE products...which may have turned into a non-HE problem afterall.
Damn I wish I could afford them :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No ground wire on Sprints it's supposed to be already shielded for EMI... Well I hope that will solve the issue permanently ! Becasue it used to work for like two days then fail but let's be positive !!!
Pedals are so goood

Upvote 0
rahhhhh Problem happened again even with new board...
I'm absolutely gutted now that I'm getting used to it I just cant' switch back to my CSL pedals...

Pedals have been working like a charm since last Thursday... It's really weird...

Does any one use them without issue with an extender ? If Yes which one ?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea