Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We talk to Niels Heusinkveld and try out the soon to be released Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint.

Catching up with Niels Heusinkveld at the recent very busy Sim Racing Expo over in Germany, we took the opportunity to quiz the man behind Heusinkveld Engineering about his newly announced Sim Pedals Sprint set of high end sim racing pedals. With Niels in a buoyant mood following what appeared to be a largely very positive reception to the new hardware, we took the opportunity to question him about the features and improvements of the new gear, learning plenty about how some dramatic software features and production improvements have moved the product range on from the already very impressive offerings of HE Engineering.

Not content with merely taking Niels at his word, we also couldn't quite resist the chance to get strapped into the cockpit and have a go ourselves, recording a short but sweet talk and drive segment as we give our first impressions based on the limited time we had with these brand new set of pedals.

Frankly, I was very impressed, although it is exceptionally hard to gather any serious kind of feel with something like a high end set of pedals with such a short period of time behind the wheel... not helped any by a crowd of people watching on, and a camera and microphone in my face!

However, with that said I'm going to be lucky enough to take receipt of a review set of these pedals in the very near future, so please consider this more of a taster video, with a much more in depth and detailed look at the HE Sim Pedals Sprint set to appear on our various social media channels in the near future. So stay tuned, get subscribed and watch out for some new footage in the (hopefully) coming weeks...

Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint Talk n Drive.jpg

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Spotted them about 5 mins after they went on sale. Already marked 'sold out' ...

They must have massively under estimated the demand. Guess I might get some next year some time ...:(

Upvote 0
We did not have enough of one or two components to launch as many pedals as we wanted. We (should) have the capacity to meet demand once things stabilize and get more streamlined.
Thanks for the feedback Neil, can't wait to get a set. My pos fanatec v2s are literally pulled apart in front of me in a final last ditch effort to resuscitate them for a few more days as I type this. :roflmao:

Upvote 0
@Niels_at_home Can we get some options for pedal plate options for ultimate pedals please? the metal, while attractive isn't great for keep the feet on the pedal.

I agree. It would be great if the pedals could be ordered without pads, or provide a better looking pads like these, which also look a bit more curved. Can aftermarket pads be installed easily?

72-603.jpg

Upvote 0
I think these will be my next set of pedals.. I can't say anything bad about my HPP's (ok, other than not a fan of the clutch) but I always have a nagging feeling that some day the hydraulics are going to give me a problem, the sort of problem you wont get from load cells.

Upvote 0
Son of a b!! Do they have a notification that tells you when they are back in stock?!
I need these!

I follow them on Twitter and have notifications turned on.. They tweeted one hour or so beforehand about the new batch being available at 11pm CET, so I was right there waiting for it (probably with a couple hundred? others) and still some people got an out of stock message during checkout if it took too long to complete the order form ;) So best maybe to have your account details ready so you just need to click pay with paypal...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies