Have Your Say: Your Favourite Sim Racing Track

Ahh... there's so many track out there, how to pick - just one ??

Even Nick Hornby famous "top five list" seems like such an understatement.
It's all about feelings for me, there's so many great F1 tracks but I'll always remember the ones with whom I was stating with. And that's the ones from Grand Prix 2, Grand Prix Legends (oh boy that was tough one. plus it's still on my HD:cool:) and the one that's on my avatar CART: precision racing. (I still have that one too!:))

With these games I have fall in love with some track in which, I'm quite sure, almost no one did. Notably... from GP2 I really love Ti Circuit Aida, Pacific GP. Really... how many of you love this one too ?:rolleyes: I read it somewhere that it's among most hatred F1 circuits, it's small, twisty and far from any civilisation but it did grow on me for sure. And every time I saw some new version of it, no matter what game it is, I just have to get it.
I love old Hockenheim too, too bad they ** it up with this ...modernisation. :poop:

From GP Legends, I've spend most of my time on Monza, but I really really love that God given Mosport layout. I mean... if you did few laps on it... you'll know why.

But the one that got most track I love now is third one CART P.R.
Hard to pick a couple, I really love them all, didn't like ovals before but started from then and I still prefer that short ones, those on which you can't drive with full throttle 100% time. You know... Milwaukee Mile, Gateway, Miami Homestead,...

And those regular tracks... still love every single of them, street or permanent no matter, tracks like Surfer's Paradise, Long Beach, Belle Isle Detroit, Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport, Toronto Exhibition Place, Mid-Ohio, Elkhart Lake Road America, Vancouver Concord Pacific Place (since I couldn't find that layout from 96-97 seasons I've even made this one for myself from scratch for rFactor/GSCE!:)), Laguna Seca and... and if you really ask me to pick up just one, that would be this one:

Portland international raceway.
(is it on anyone else list?:sneaky: I know, I know...:p)

portland.jpg

THAT ARROW ACTUALLY POINTING AT THE WRONG DIRECTION, DISREGARD IT.
Maybe you know it as Vanport in Automobilista, Patrick G. updated version, original for rFactor.
Which is actually funny since I've always love tracks with elevation changes (remember the Mosport?) and this one is flat as a pancake.
But I love that layout ...sooo much. Especially that first part after the chicane "to throttle it or to throttle it not the question is now" part.:inlove:
Plus it's so easy to learn.:laugh: Joking, that's not that important. =)

There you have it. You asked for it. Couldn't do it any shorter. :D

Last edited:
I know, I know ... ANOTHER poll?!?!? I know its silly, but I think this subject is important enough to warrant a poll of everybody's top 3 tracks. Perhaps the numbers would influence the PTB at Assetto Corsa to give the official blessing to tracks like Bathurst and Bridgehampton.

I seem to be getting quite fond of Assetto Corsa's Mugello.
It has a bit of everything in terms of circuit layout and it's pure fun to run just about any model or class of car there.
It's just satisfying to get it right...plus it's pure fun online.
The lighting is perfect too.

That Blue Mountain circuit in GPL brings back so many memories!

My "top 5" favourite sim racing tracks are:

5. Seattle, GT4: Such an amazing circuit, leaps and bumps all around Seattle and the wonderful corner where you oversteered, knowing the tramlines would drag you wide. So difficult, but a great circuit.

4. Citti D'Aria, GT4: The sense of speed at this circuit around rustic Southern Italy was incredible. One slight twitch would cause a sudden stop and the end of the race. So tight and so wonderful.

3. Watkins Glen, GPL: I can't tell you how many laps I did here, but it was the first track where I beat the GPL Rank. A short lap, but hair-raising. The high speed esses, massive braking over the hill for the loop and the frantic race back. Even with GPLs polygons, I know this circuit like the back of my hand, GPL took me over for a good 12 months, to the point I was dreaming about it.

2. Phoenix GP 1991 circuit, Amiga F1GP: Always the curtain riser for our full 100% seasons, a bitch of circuit. 90 degree turns throughout, but one turn where you could go full out. Not a great circuit by any means, but a win at Phoenix set the tone for the rest of the season in F1GP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuMw5Y_LUWI

1. Blackwood GP, Live For Speed: I have raced more laps here than at any circuit. 1,000s. A wonderful fictional circuit. Here is my quote on the LFS website from 2008:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDBXOJCAgaM

After driving so many laps of Blackwood, I thought I'd give you my version of a lap around this great track..

Ok from the start-finish line, down the hill. I've a tendency to run very close to the dirt on the left when hot-lapping, but for T1 in a race, my best line is a way out to the right and braking earlier than the others for the hairpin. You can sometimes be bumped from behind, but get bumped on the left and you're way off line.

The hairpin seems like it will never end but then go wide onto the rumble strip being very careful not to get a wheel on the grass.

This next left and right is extremely slippy and, I find, the hardest part of the track. Many spinners here during a race.

The long straight is next, a brief rest, then get ready to brake for this right hander, which I adore. Push it right nearly onto the grass and then its the right-left uphill. Again, the only thing that catches me here sometimes is the car lurching to the left as it loses grip on the left side, but even that can be caught. Great stuff!

The next right is quite easy, but I often go too slowly through here. Then away to the right to line up for the last left-right. Often see cars up on the bank here during races, how they keep it going I'll never know, cos if I'm up there it's a huge spin and into the barrier!

All-in-all a fantastic track and one I never get tired of!!

Last edited:
GPL zandvoort.
N2003 Texas Speedway
Colin mcrea Rally Corsica stage 3.
GT3 Midfield raceway
Daytona USA Advance course.
Assetto.. too many, probably mugello.

So many fantastic racing games down the years.

GPL zandvoort.

GPL Zandvoort was quite something. So many 'just off throttle' turns, and the amazing 'tarzanbocht' turn, full blast through there, clutching the wheel so hard your fingers go white.

Great choice.

The immersion in GPL particularly was something else. I know all those circuits like the back of my hand.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back