PC2 Have Your Say: Project CARS 2 Three Months On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Have  Your Say.jpg

Project CARS 2 released across PC and console platforms back on the 22nd September to mixed reviews, now three months and a couple of patches we want you to 'Have Your Say'...

The latest racing title from Slightly Mad Studios continues to divide opinion throughout the sim racing community, often mixing the sublime with the ridiculous in equal measure as it constantly strives to achieve the lofty ideals set forth by an aggressive pre release marketing campaign.

Shipping in a sub optimal state and having since been in receipt of a sizable updates, the question for today is:

How do you feel Project CARS 2 has progressed since release day, and what are your impressions of the game now?

Have fun, stay respectful and enjoy the weekend!

I'm no pro sim racer, but I like this game a lot. I do like the changing weather and the tracks that come with it. I did buy PC1 and liked it. This game is great. I don't have much time to invest in racing and what I can do offline is pretty good. Its easier to jump into than Assetto Corsa for random fun. I've never driven i racing or RaceRoom, but on the consoles I like it better than the current Forza and even GT Sport. I've played most of the older PC titles and now that I have a decent PC and 144hz monitor This is the game I like to play the most. If fact if i'm going to sit down and play anything I'm going to this game first. I can't wait to see what the coming DLC will be. I wish they would add Macau circuit to the list and more classic race cars.

HI,
It' s simply a matter of taste: I like to focus on one single sim in my spare time, but as I have written in the post IMHO nowadays many race-sims do offer a decent sim-racing experience, so we simmer should be quite happy and constructive....
Best regards

Why uninstall it though? I find it odd and seems like a sound bite to me. Is your hard drive poverty spec?

pcars ist zum zweiten mal eine der größte sim enttäuchung.
sms kann und wird es nicht können, aber vielleicht überrachen uns sms mit der ankündigung von pcars 3 zu weihnachten.

For the second time, pcars is one of the biggest sim debut.
sms can not and will not, but maybe sms surprised us by announcing pcars 3 to christmas.

• ronniej

For me, the latest patch improved some things, but didn't solve most. Enough though for me to pick it up on the last 40% sale to enjoy a handful of cars which I'm enjoying just as much or even more than my favorite sims, but I still find that the majority of cars feel inconsistent and for some reason, a few tracks seem bland in comparison as well. The AI have run pretty good on some trials, yet seem to "give up" on the final lap when racing for the checkered...I really hope they continue with AI work and resolve the issue of slight stuttering while taking corners as that breaks the immersion for me as well. I don't race online or dabble too much with the weather effects, but like that they've tried to incorporate the "full meal deal" whilst keeping "sim" like qualities. So, I really hope they keep trying to build what the developers intended and the Studio promised. I also appreciate the fact that it is also available to play in Steam offline like the only other three sims available, Assetto Corsa, RF2 and Automobilista.

The game has potential to be the best out there, but they don't seem to be concerned in getting it there. They release patches to fix bugs, and add things in the updates like down-shift protection and Draconian Track Limit Penalties, that no one asked for.
19556414.gif

And yet more convoluted stuff...They added PSI to the Setup menu, but when you go to setup your Pit Strategy, which still has Bugged Tire pressures, those are in BAR. Also Multiplayer is still a game-breaking issue. Very unstable and bugged as a whole. On Consoles there is still a lot of tearing in graphics in some places on the track. The FFB is still a bit suspect, doesn't have the feel that PC1 did and its quite annoying. And I still haven't seen the purpose of the smoke that only the Player can see bellowing out of their car around the corners. There is no purpose I can see of having that visual Que that doesn't really provide any other information we don't know other than its pretty distracting.

• Deleted member 6919

Graphics are good.
Audio of most cars is either meh, or shite.
FFB is ok it's a improvement over PC1.
24hr cycle is good.
Content is abit of a mess.
Weather is good to ok, still needs work.
Physics again are a improvement, but nothing new.

Pcars 3 if it happens will never be a all out sim, till they concentrate on PC more than Console, which will never happen as IB like's his money at any cost.

Oh, it is not...
But one car and one track are great made: Zolder at sunset in a Audi LMS!
A real disappointment: Lotus 49 on old Silverstone!
Ah, and BMW 2002 Turbo on Caldwell...is good!
So a cry:
God, help these developers for accurate code, so it will be a simulation one day! Thank you!

Game is good for sure. I think the key to note: Some cars on some tracks simply don't work. Other cars, on certain tracks work fantastic. It's a strange phenomenon, but a lot of people pick the wrong combo on the wrong track (not their fault) and say the game sucks. It's unfortunate.
I've realized a long time ago that too often, simulations must really be worked at to get the most of out of them. I'm confident Pcars2 will get even better in time. But even at this point, if you have some patience, the game is really, really good. You have to make it work for you. Set the AI, pick the right car for the right track etc. A certain set of settings can't be used across the board. This simply will not work.

Graphics are good.
Audio of most cars is either meh, or shite.
FFB is ok it's a improvement over PC1.
24hr cycle is good.
Content is abit of a mess.
Weather is good to ok, still needs work.
Physics again are a improvement, but nothing new.

Pcars 3 if it happens will never be a all out sim, till they concentrate on PC more than Console, which will never happen as IB like's his money at any cost.

PCars 3 will be going even more Forza esq, they are following the money, nothing wrong in that, but they are sticking to the Turn 10 business model....one pretty much invented by Codemasters.
Remember how ToCA 1 became ToCA 2 then became finally GRiD......

They will keep spending loads of cash on buying off critics / blogs / youtubers and buying race drivers biased opinions but still out sourcing console Q and A on the cheap.....thats SMS folks...
They know they can cut corners and still have a slathering bunch of die hard shills shutting down any criticism...

Not going to bother with PCARS 3. A lot of the content in PCARS 2 was rehashed PCARS 1. The sound is awful on the majority of cars although the Physics are better.

Quoted for truth.... some of the same issues in Shift crossed into PCars 1 and are still in PCars 2!
The same people on the PCars forum who said said PCars 1 was perfect and the ultimate sim are now saying PCars 1 is crap and PCars 2 is "da bestes game eva init"........
Mugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back