PC2 Have Your Say: Project CARS 2 Three Months On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Have  Your Say.jpg

Project CARS 2 released across PC and console platforms back on the 22nd September to mixed reviews, now three months and a couple of patches we want you to 'Have Your Say'...

The latest racing title from Slightly Mad Studios continues to divide opinion throughout the sim racing community, often mixing the sublime with the ridiculous in equal measure as it constantly strives to achieve the lofty ideals set forth by an aggressive pre release marketing campaign.

Shipping in a sub optimal state and having since been in receipt of a sizable updates, the question for today is:

How do you feel Project CARS 2 has progressed since release day, and what are your impressions of the game now?

Have fun, stay respectful and enjoy the weekend!

I'll put it this way, I played between 20-30 hours, experienced the VR in it and have now uninstalled it as it took up space on my HD.

An improvement over pCARS 1, but still a bit meh....

I am ambivalent to Project Cars 2: I don't find it nearly as engaging as any of the other race sims. The career mode is good enough that I boot it up once in a while but untill I start seeing PCars 2 club races that interest me I don't see myself dedicating a lot more time to it. It's not bad, but it's also not good enough for me.

It is rad in VR, and IMO it provides the best "out of the box" VR experience of any of the race sims I've tried thus far, so that is a good mark in it's favour.

Another one here who bought PC1, was somewhat disappointed with it so it got shelved for others like AC, iRacing, etc. When PC2 came out I decided to dive in and try it again, but it literally took me all but 5 minutes of wheel time to realize not much had changed and the AI still hadn't improved. So I refunded it. That for me is the #1 killer in racing sims/games. If the AI sucks, then it just kills the fun factor for me and I want no part of it. I want to win races with skill, not by dumb luck because I managed to avoid the AI that tries to take me out constantly.

If they fixed the AI to be on par with AC, R3E, or RF2, I would buy again in a heartbeat, but I don't expect that to ever happen.

I like it. Some odd design choices. FFB is good when its good but is a pita to tune each car every time. JS files are rubbish imo just like the first game. Game is really stable for me & performance is good in VR. quality of cars is all over the place but overall it's a great racing sim.

When you overlook one of the most important things in a racing game, which is the AI, you have no business in the racing genre.
SMS please leave the genre and go develop some shooters, just one tip, don't forget to include guns in the game :whistling:

The trouble makers are already here.

If by trouble makers you mean people who have played and decided to have a opinion on it which doesn't align with you or your leaders...then yes OK....
If Ian wants to control us over here he will need to buy this place out...and if he does it'll another place I avoid...

Look, it looks nice and for £26 it was worth it.... but it's not as good as you lot over on the HQ say it is...its riddled with bugs and glitches for one...a triple A title!! Its not like RF2 or RACEROOM, its a AAA title man!
Arguing with kids on consoles is pointless though as they have such a limited choice of course they will thing PCars 2 is the "bestest eva in'it"...

Last edited:
Yeah cool post a clip from september when they have since patched & fixed most of the Ai pileup issues at the race start.

Hi
yeah most of them are fixed! in my 5 race starts after your post i had 1 safe race start from 5 (in good weather situation) and those AI pileups are not huge like before, yes it means fixed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back