Have Your Say: All Time Ultimate F1 Schedule

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Have Your Say - Ultimate Race Calendar.jpg

Have Your Say is here again - Tell us what your all time ultimate F1 calendar would look like...

This one is a little bit different than usual in that I'm going to set some criteria for your response. What I would like to see in the comments is your ultimate F1 calendar containing between 16 and 22 tracks and using only current versions of the circuit, not historic variants such as the original Hockenheim for example... oh and try and give some reasoning behind the choices, not just a simple list.. :)

Ok then folks, have some fun!

Please note - if this is popular then I'll do another using both historic and modern layouts. Needing a minimum 100 comments to be considered successful...

Sao Paulo
Magny Cours
Imola
Montmeló
Nurburgring GP (GT last chicane)
Monaco
Austin
Istambul Park
Monza
Silverstone (Maybe the Bridge layout)
Montreal
Jarama or Jerez
Suzuka
Spa Francorchamps
Melbourne, or Adelaide
Hockenheimring
Hermanos Rodríguez (with the Peraltada, but but adding a small chicane before that corner).

The key. Quality before quantity. And with minus races, it implies reduction of costs.

Las Vegas
Valencia (Street Circuit)
Buenos Aires (90s layout)
Oschersleben (including the first corner the track designer should be beaten for)
Marrakech (pre 2016)
Cadwell Park

0. Tests: First week Jerez, second Catalunya.
1. Interlagos - For me, just perfect season opener.
2. Buenos Aires Lake Layout - Very high speed, classic circuit
3. Circuito Hermanos Rodriguez - I don't know why but I quite like this circuit.
4. Indianapolis - Bring it freaking back and delete COTA from calendar.
5. Montreal - I forgot about this one, added in edit. Very fun track with historical value and can produce a lot of exciting races.
6. Istambul Park - Very nice, flowing circuit with a lot of fun races in past.
7. Jarama (GP of Spain) - I love this classic circuit and it will be a lot better option than Catalunya.
8. Mugello (GP of San Marino) - Very flowy and fun track witch can produce very exciting MotoGP races so why not F1?
9. Monaco - Classic must be.
10. Paul Ricard Layout 1A - Very fun track to drive and race with full Mistral Straight and fastest version of first 2 S turns.
11. Donington Park - For me new Silverstone is just really bad and just why not?
12. Nurburgring Nordschleife - Real test of drivers and engineers and just a great, classic circuit.
13. Spielberg Red Bull Ring - It produced some nice races and this place is just beautiful.
14. Hungaroring - Flowy and twisty, pretty fun track.
15. Spa - Must be
16. Motorland Aragon (GP of Europe) - I just like this track.
17. Monza (GP of Italy) - Last round in Europe and just one of must be circuits.
18. Sakhir (Bahrain) - I pretty like this track and it can produce a lot of fun races.
19. Sepang - Liberty, please, bring it back ;_;
20. Suzuka - Must be
21. Adelaide - Perfect season ending on one of the classic circuits, a bit short but just why not?

Last edited:
1. the oval at Phakisa in south africa
2. Sebring
3. Mosport
4. Monaco (i don't like it, but people seem to like looking at all those massive yachts, also history, etc)
5. Pau (cars can run the same setup two weeks running)
6. Monza
7. Enna Pergusa (preferrably with all the chicanes removed)
8. Norisring
9. Spa
10. Thruxton
11. Anderstorp
12. Brno
13. Suzuka
14. Macau
15. Adelaide
16. Pukekohe

1. GP of Australia: Sydney Motorsport Park.
2. GP of South Africa: Kyalami.
3. GP of Thailand: Chang International Circuit.
4. GP of China: Zhuhai International Circuit.
5. GP of Japan: Suzuka Circuit.
6. GP of the Pacific Islands: Okayama Circuit/Twin Ring Motegi (rotating each year)
7. GP of France: Paul Ricard Circuit/Magny Cours (rotating each year)
8. GP of Spain: Jerez Circuit.
9. GP of San Marino: Imola Circuit.
10. GP of Monaco: Monaco.
11. GP of Europe: Nurburgring GP (with the GT chicanes).
12. GP of Germany: Norisring or Eurospeedway Lausitz (just because why not? :D)
13. GP of the US: Road Atlanta/Road America (rotating each year).
14. GP of the Americas: Laguna Seca/Watkins Glen
15. GP of Canada: Mosport/Gilles Villeneuve (rotating each year)
16. GP of Italy: Monza
17. GP of Great Britain: Silverstone/Brands Hatch (rotating each year)
18. GP of Scandinavia: Anderstorp/Ring Knutstorp (rotating each year)
19. GP of South America: Interlagos/Autódromo Gálvez (Circuito Nº12)
20. GP of Belgium: Spa
21. GP of the Netherlands: Zandvoort.

Edit: I added a few more options, because I noticed I forgot some tracks in the original post (I made that in a hurry)
Edit 2: I forgot Spa :D

Last edited:
Test : Barcelona and Aragon
1-Bahrein
2-Barcelona (or Aragon)
3-Monaco
4-Montreal (or Mosport)
5-Paul Ricard
6-Baku
7-Silverstone (2000-2014 version) or Brands Hatch
8-Nurburgring
9-Hungaroring
10-Spa
11-Monza (or Imola or Mugello)
12-Spielberg
13-Daytona Road course (or Sebring or Road America or Indy)
14-Interlagos
15- Mexico
16-Suzuka (or Fuji)
17- Adelaide

Actual Tracks Staying in the Lineup (10 Races):
Suzuka (GP of Japan)
- Just a damn good couse with great history.
Spa (GP of Europe) - The same, one of the most Iconic Courses existing.
Hermanos Rodriguez (GP of Mexico) - I like the Track layout and the Baseballstadium makes it something unique
Silverstone (GP of GB) - Not one of my favourite layouts but pure Motorsport History. The races are thrilling and the weather a big factor. Has to stay.
Nürburgrin GP (GP of Germany) - As the Nordschleife isn´t possible for F1, the GP course is the next best thing.
Monza (GP of Italy) - The fastest GP in the year, wasn`t exciting in the last years but with Mercedes Domination ending it would be a fantastic race.
Baku (GP of Azerbaijan) - It`s one of the "new" GPs but the races were thrilling and the Layout unforgiving. In my oppinion just a great Track.
Monaco (GP of Monaco) - Not a question at all, everything F1 is (or was) in just one race.
Interlagos (GP of Brazil) - Great track, enthusiastic Motorsportfans.
Singapur (GP of Asia) - Really good Layout and the Nightrace is something special.

"Comeback" Tracks (3 Races):
Zandvoort (GP of the Netherlands)
- Location and Track are somethin unique. The Sand and the wind qould be a challenge for driver and Teams. Also in the Netherlands the Verstappen Hype is still rollling.
Imola (GP of Sam Marino) - The Layout is really great, strong (F1) history. Would love to see it back.
Indianapolis (GP of the USA) - The most Iconic Racetrack in the USA.

The Newcomer Tracks (5Races):
Sonoma (GP of North America)
- Great Track, 2nd Race in the US, I like the Layout.
Portimao (GP of Portugal) - I simply like the layout, the last cormer before start/finish is a real fast one with great overtaking potential in the following.
Bathurts (GP of Australia) - Why Melbourne or Adelaide if the same Country has something like Bathurts? Would be one of the most loved F1 GP in no time.
Macau (GP of China) - Monaco is hard, Macau is insane - The F1 simply has to race here.
Le Mans Bugatti Circuit (GP of France) - F1 would drive in Le Mans!

That would be 18 Races and I thing thats enough for a Season. Also in F1 you could win something like the "little-triple-crown" with Wins in Monaco, Indy and Le Mans :D
I think this is a good and well balanced pool of Tracks with every historical important Track in it. But lets be real: this shedule is missing all the shiny new "key markets" and would never happen.

I don't know what mine would be but all I do know is Monaco would be no where near it. It's an awful circuit that is only there for it's history. The cars can barely race around there now

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%
  • €3001-5000