Montreal
Silverstone (90's)
Spa (90's)
Nurburgring (90's)
Hockenheim (90's)
Estoril
Interlagos
Suzuka

My pick of the circuits and why, these are my own reasons okay, I numbered them but thats not the order I would put them in okay, they were the order they came into my head

1. Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe - A test of the cars itself
2. Silverstone - Because F1 isnt F1 without the British Grand Prix
3. Monza - You cant have F1 without Monza
4. Monaco - It has to be there because of the history
5. Spa-Francorchamps - Again you cant have F1 without this circuit
6. Kyalami - High altitude
7. Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez - High Altitude
8. Nurburgring Combined circuit - A test of the drivers to master the track
9. Bathurst - Because of Corners 11 through 15!
10. Singapore - Night racing
11. Interlagos - The crazy weather!
12. Austin - Dont want to let the American fans down (Haas F1 needs a home race)
13. Adelaide - You need to have a few street circuits
14. Circuit du Gilles Villeneuve - fast and rewarding circuit cant go without it
15. Yas Marina Circuit - Dusk to Night racing
16. Watkins Glen - Slight older circuit but its still good

Those are my choices for circuits that need to be on the calendar, there are classics on there, along with a few others from other motorsports disciplines like WEC, Aussie V8 Supercars, and the Nurburgring 24 hours, the reasons behind these picks are to push the cars and the drivers to the limit, Nurburgring Combined and Le Mans are the car and driver breakers, I thought hard about them, there are some in there like Silverstone, Monaco, Monza and Spa which should be MANDATORY circuits F1 MUST go to since they were in the 1950 F1 season for classic reasons

I like the suggestion of Bathurst in spot 9 but i believe the cars wouldn't be able to handle it as it would be too narrow for cars to fit some one or two wide through each of those corners. another reason for leaving it out is because the cars wouldn't handle the elevation drop through the dipper as even the V8's get air going down the dipper.
just my opinion, open for debate

• Deleted member 503495

1. Surfer's Paradise
  2. Bathurst
  3. Brands Hatch
  4. Spielberg
  5. Nordschleife or Nürburgring
  6. Brno
  7. Estoril
  8. Montréal
  9. Long Beach
  10. Interlagos
  11. Road America
  12. Watkins Glen
  13. Monza
  14. Spa-Francorchamps
  15. Adelaide
  16. Suzuka

Last edited by a moderator:
What I would like to see in the comments is your ultimate F1 calendar containing between 16 and 22 tracks and using only current versions of the circuit, not historic variants such as the original Hockenheim for example... oh and try and give some reasoning behind the choices, not just a simple list..

Oh...
Okay, if we want to do this realistically, the only thing we can really do is look at the FIA grade 1 circuits. FIA grade 1 circuits can host Formula 1 races without making any adaptations to their existing layouts, giving us a nice list of F1-ready layouts to choose from without having to rebuilt half a track to suit F1 (which is sadly the case with something like Zandvoort).

Short version:
  1. Melbourne - Australia
  2. Buddh International - India
  3. Shanghai - China
  4. Baku - Azerbaijan
  5. Barcelona - Spain - motogp layout
  6. Imola - San Marino
  7. Montreal - Canada
  8. Le Castellet - France
  9. Spielberg - Austria
  10. Silverstone - Great Britain
  11. Nürburgring - Germany
  12. Spa - Belgium
  13. Mugello - Italy
  14. Moscow Raceway - Russia
  15. Istanbul Park - Turkey
  16. Fuji - Japan
  17. Indianapolis - USA
  18. Mexico City - Mexico
  19. Sao Paulo - Brazil
  20. Abu Dhabi GP - Abu Dhabi

Bahrein
Monaco
Hungaroring - Hungary
Singapore
Monza - Italy

Sochi - Russia
Suzuka - Japan

Austin - USA
Yas Marina

The full calendar, including my reasoning:
Melbourne - Australia
Melbourne stays on the calendar because, although it's not a very interesting F1 circuit, it's the only Grade 1 circuit in Australia and robbing the Aussies of their F1 venue would just be mean.

Buddh International - India
I'm rather ambivalent to Bahrein, but it's not nearly as interesting as, say, a home race for Force India! The Buddh circuit recieved a lot of praise from drivers on top. It seems a solid replacement for Bahrein, replacing a generic desert track with a very fast hilly circuit.

Shanghai - China
The Chinese Grand Prix's iconic turn 1, as well as China's massive audience, makes it worthy of inclusion on the calendar.

Baku - Azerbaijan
Baku stays for now: The 2017 and 2018 races were chaotic and interesting, the track seems to allow both for overtaking and for the drama that a street circuit can provide by being very tight in some places but very wide in others.

Barcelona - Spain - motogp layout
The new MotoGP layout skips the chicane whilst implementing safety measures, and I'd rather see the chicane go from F1 as well: If anything, it seems to cause more incidents due to the accordion effect.

Imola - San Marino
Replacing the outdated Monaco is Imola. Recently modified to be much faster again, whilst still retaining it's FIA Grade 1 rating. A fast yet tricky to manoeuvre circuit is ideal as a replacement to Monaco. It seems unfair that Italy would get two races, but a significant part of F1 politics is appeasing Ferrari, so here's my attempt at that :p

Montreal - Canada
The only Fia Grade 1 track in Canada, and honestly we shouldn't let Canada go.

Le Castellet - France

This year will be the first year we see Paul Ricard back on the calendar, so calling for it's replacement is a bit early :p

Spielberg - Austria
The Red Bull Ring has to stay because it's still a lovely fast, sweeping track, and Red Bull's home race.

Silverstone - Great Britain
I don't like Silverstone all that much, at least not the new layout. But the bridge layout is not coming back any time soon as the corner has been decommissioned, and there is no Grade 1 circuit anywhere else in the UK. Not hosting the GB Grand Prix would be a disaster, so Silverstone has to stay.

Nürburgring - Germany
The alternating arrangement the germans have going for them is neat enough. I personally prefer the Nürburgring's layout as it is IMO a lot better designed.

Spa - Belgium
No explanation required

Mugello - Italy
Wait, no Monza? As it turns out, Italy has three FIA grade 1 circuits, and it seems silly not to include the lovely Mugello from time to time. It's a very fast sweeping track, and if you ever have driven this track in Assetto Corsa I think you'll agree that it's a much more interesting driver's circuit then Monza's long straights are. Monza can stay on the calendar for 2020, but let's rotate Italy's three lovely tracks!

Moscow Raceway - Russia
Replacing Sochi for now is Moscow Raceway, which to me is a much more interesting track then Sochi is. I am half tempted to remove Russia from the calendar entirely however, as Moscow Raceway's saving grace here is purely not being Sochi.

Istanbul Park - Turkey
Some would say it should be called "Constantinople Park", but that's nobody's business but the Turks. Why this track is on here I can't say, I just like it better this wayyyy :D

Fuji - Japan
Suzuka is impressive, but Fuji deserves to be on the calendar as well sometimes. Alternate the two!

Indianapolis - USA
Interestingly enough, the premier Indycar location is also a FIA grade 1 circuit, the only other in the US right now. It's inclusion is warrented simply because it's the only oval circuit on the Calendar, and in it's early years it got record spectators, but later got a bad rep due to weird race fixing shenanigans and half the grid retiring on the first lap. It is, perhaps, too unique for F1. But the teams will just have to deal with that :p - If anything, that means that this track can throw some real curveballs in the championships, which is what everybody loves.

Mexico City - Mexico
It's mabye not as interesting as it was, but any F1 calendar ignoring Mexico would just be unrealistic.

Sao Paulo - Brazil

A really good track, a nation that has contributed to F1's history in fundemental ways... Can't do without it.

Abu Dhabi GP - Abu Dhabi
Although Abu Dhabi suffers from some of the worst excesses of modern track design (Asphalt everywhere, mainly) it's proven itself to be a great racing facility during the FIA GT championships and the Hankook 24 hours. It has some interesting banked turns and long straights to boot, which already makes it more interesting then Yas Marina, and we need atleast one night race on the calendar :p

I like the suggestion of Bathurst in spot 9 but i believe the cars wouldn't be able to handle it as it would be too narrow for cars to fit some one or two wide through each of those corners. another reason for leaving it out is because the cars wouldn't handle the elevation drop through the dipper as even the V8's get air going down the dipper.
just my opinion, open for debate

They were in the order that they popped into my mind, but I wouldnt have them in that order if they were to be raced on

Races are done on historic F1 venues or the likelihood of Liberty Media bringing F1 to venues. Races in order of location to previous round for logistic reasons (I could never understand why F1 went to Canada in May then to America in October).

Have you ever been to Texas in the summer time? It is literally hotter than hell (and they have a bike race there with that name). October and November the weather is very nice there, and I have personally attended three GP's at COTA (although the last one I went to in October 2015 was very cold and wet due to a freak storm). I suspect Montreal is too cold in October too.

1) Albert Park
2) Sepang
3) Bahrain
4) Baku
5) Istanbul
6) Jerez
7) Monaco
8) Zandvoort
9) Montreal
10) Austin
11) Brands Hatch
12) Hockenheim
13) Austria
14) Hungary
15) Spa
16) Monza
17) Watkins Glen
18) Mexico City
19) Singapore
20) Kyalami
21) Interlagos
22) Dubai

Pre-season testing: Silverstone from the 11th to 13th of February to practically ensure wet weather running and allow most of the teams to shake their cars down close to home, and then off to Bahrain from the 25th of February to the 1st of March for some warmer and drier running.

1) Australian Grand Prix - Albert Park - 10/3/2019

I feel starting off in Melbourne has become a well established tradition now. It's a nice enough track and it's already grade 1.

2) Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay - 17/3/2019

Moved to the start of the season to cut down on shipping by clustering Asian races together. Become somewhat iconic by now, regardless of the actual quality of the racing, so I doubt F1 would want to lose it.

3) Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai - 31/3/2019

I wish I didn't have to include this track as I don't think it's enjoyable to drive but it produces decent racing and China is a huge market.

4) Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka - 7/4/2019

Hopefully could tie in with Japanese cherry blossom season for tourism, classic track.

5) Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir - 21/4/2019

Good track and produces decent racing. Once I would've been all "I object to the regime" or whatever, but honestly if you're boycotting anywhere boycot the US or the UK or Russia or China or Australia before you boycot some random country in the Middle East. Most governments are awful and abuse human rights, and once you get into the morality of the whole thing maybe you should cancel all the grand prix and put all the money that would go into them into building houses for homeless people or something.

6) Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku - 28/4/2019

Well done Baku

7) Spanish Grand Prix - Aragon - 12/5/2019

Let's be honest, Catalunya, Jerez, and Valencia haven't impressed. Maybe give somewhere else a shot, possibly alternating with Catalunya.

8) Monaco Grand Prix - Monaco - 26/5/2019

You know why this is on the calendar I shouldn't have to explain this.

9) Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg - 9/6/2019

Nice track.

10) Dutch Grand Prix - Assen (?) - 23/6/2019

Currently rumoured, seems fairly logical as a return to the calendar. Don't know how good Assen would be as an F1 circuit, but it can't be hard to beat the Hungaroring.

11) German Grand Prix - Nurburgring GP - 30/6/2019

Moving back to alternating with Hockenheim

12) French Grand Prix - Magny Cours - 7/7/2019

One of the few circuit in the world where I don't care if the cars can overtake or not, just watching them change direction at such incredible speeds is enough for me. Paul Ricard, in contrast, is the most boring circuit on the planet bar possibly Yas Marina.

13) British Grand Prix - Silverstone - 21/7/2019

I wish I could go with Donington or literally just not Silverstone, but it's the only Grade 1 track in the UK, so here it is.

14) Belgian Grand Prix - Spa Francorchamps - 28/7/2019

Moved slightly earlier in the year, the best track on the calendar.

15) Italian Grand Prix - Monza - 4/8/2019

Hosted a race in every world championship season bar 1980 and I don't see why that tradition should change.

16) Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal - 1/9/2019

Kicking off the American tour, the other best track on the calendar. Hopefully not too late for the Montreal climate.

17) Mexican Grand Prix - Mexico City - 15/9/2019

Seems popular

18) Californian Grand Prix - Long Beach - 29/9/2019

Recently rejected by the local council, and I'm sure it'd take a lot of work to get everything up to F1 standards, but it seems right.

19) Miami Grand Prix - Miami - 13/10/2019

Seems very likely to happen anyway, and could be interesting. F1 seems to want to make it big in the US, so why not go for it?

20) United States Grand Prix - Austin - 27/10/2019

It produces some pretty good racing, and if F1 wants to get big in the US, why not have 3 races spread across the country?

21) Argentine Grand Prix - Buenos Aires Lake Circuit - 10/11/2019

Been going around the rumour mills a lot, and done right it could allow for some potential slip streaming.

22) Brazillian Grand Prix - Interlagos - 17/11/2019

Produced a lot of great racing over the years, and a lot of great finales

I would definitely like to see one of the formerly used US-tracks make a comeback. So many great ones to choose from. Indy, The Glen, Long Beach...
Mostly because I dislike COTA. A lot.

Pre-season testing: Silverstone from the 11th to 13th of February to practically ensure wet weather running and allow most of the teams to shake their cars down close to home, and then off to Bahrain from the 25th of February to the 1st of March for some warmer and drier running.

1) Australian Grand Prix - Albert Park - 10/3/2019

I feel starting off in Melbourne has become a well established tradition now. It's a nice enough track and it's already grade 1.

2) Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay - 17/3/2019

Moved to the start of the season to cut down on shipping by clustering Asian races together. Become somewhat iconic by now, regardless of the actual quality of the racing, so I doubt F1 would want to lose it.

3) Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai - 31/3/2019

I wish I didn't have to include this track as I don't think it's enjoyable to drive but it produces decent racing and China is a huge market.

4) Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka - 7/4/2019

Hopefully could tie in with Japanese cherry blossom season for tourism, classic track.

5) Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir - 21/4/2019

Good track and produces decent racing. Once I would've been all "I object to the regime" or whatever, but honestly if you're boycotting anywhere boycot the US or the UK or Russia or China or Australia before you boycot some random country in the Middle East. Most governments are awful and abuse human rights, and once you get into the morality of the whole thing maybe you should cancel all the grand prix and put all the money that would go into them into building houses for homeless people or something.

6) Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku - 28/4/2019

Well done Baku

7) Spanish Grand Prix - Aragon - 12/5/2019

Let's be honest, Catalunya, Jerez, and Valencia haven't impressed. Maybe give somewhere else a shot, possibly alternating with Catalunya.

8) Monaco Grand Prix - Monaco - 26/5/2019

You know why this is on the calendar I shouldn't have to explain this.

9) Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg - 9/6/2019

Nice track.

10) Dutch Grand Prix - Assen (?) - 23/6/2019

Currently rumoured, seems fairly logical as a return to the calendar. Don't know how good Assen would be as an F1 circuit, but it can't be hard to beat the Hungaroring.

11) German Grand Prix - Nurburgring GP - 30/6/2019

Moving back to alternating with Hockenheim

12) French Grand Prix - Magny Cours - 7/7/2019

One of the few circuit in the world where I don't care if the cars can overtake or not, just watching them change direction at such incredible speeds is enough for me. Paul Ricard, in contrast, is the most boring circuit on the planet bar possibly Yas Marina.

13) British Grand Prix - Silverstone - 21/7/2019

I wish I could go with Donington or literally just not Silverstone, but it's the only Grade 1 track in the UK, so here it is.

14) Belgian Grand Prix - Spa Francorchamps - 28/7/2019

Moved slightly earlier in the year, the best track on the calendar.

15) Italian Grand Prix - Monza - 4/8/2019

Hosted a race in every world championship season bar 1980 and I don't see why that tradition should change.

16) Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal - 1/9/2019

Kicking off the American tour, the other best track on the calendar. Hopefully not too late for the Montreal climate.

17) Mexican Grand Prix - Mexico City - 15/9/2019

Seems popular

18) Californian Grand Prix - Long Beach - 29/9/2019

Recently rejected by the local council, and I'm sure it'd take a lot of work to get everything up to F1 standards, but it seems right.

19) Miami Grand Prix - Miami - 13/10/2019

Seems very likely to happen anyway, and could be interesting. F1 seems to want to make it big in the US, so why not go for it?

20) United States Grand Prix - Austin - 27/10/2019

It produces some pretty good racing, and if F1 wants to get big in the US, why not have 3 races spread across the country?

21) Argentine Grand Prix - Buenos Aires Lake Circuit - 10/11/2019

Been going around the rumour mills a lot, and done right it could allow for some potential slip streaming.

22) Brazillian Grand Prix - Interlagos - 17/11/2019

Produced a lot of great racing over the years, and a lot of great finales

Some nice choices. Even though I'd kick Austin out for Indy. Because I want Indy back.

1. South African GP (Kyalimi)
2. Brazilian GP (Sao Paulo)

3. British GP (Brands Hatch)
4. Dutch GP (Zandvoort)
5. Italian GP (Monza)
6. French GP (Magny Cours)
7. San Marino GP (Imola)
--------------------------------------- Summer Break --------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. Australian GP (Adelaide)
9. Japanese GP (Fuji)

10. USA East GP (Watkins Glen)
11. USA West GP (Long Beach)

12. Spanish GP (Jerez)
13. Monaco GP (Monte Carlo)
14. Belgian GP (Spa)
15. Turkish GP (Istanbul)

10. USA East GP (Watkins Glen)
11. USA West GP (Long Beach)

I don't think I'd like seeing both USGPs back-to-back like this. That's why my list pairs Montreal with Austin in the Spring, and Watkins Glen and Mexico City in the Fall. I think the distance between them would make a nice mix. I think we could easily do the same with Baku-Istanbul and Austria-Hungary. Maybe even a Jerez-Monaco double header.

We can dream as much as we want, but in the end the organizers go for revenue and public attendance (1st with more "power" as the 2nd).

We go for the passion.

I cannot make a dream schedule because I like all tracks in the world (with F1 races or not) with the exceptions of ovals.

Have you ever been to Texas in the summer time? It is literally hotter than hell (and they have a bike race there with that name). October and November the weather is very nice there, and I have personally attended three GP's at COTA (although the last one I went to in October 2015 was very cold and wet due to a freak storm). I suspect Montreal is too cold in October too.
No man I’ve never been, but you could transfer the 3 NA rounds to October, was just thinking purely logistics

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back