Hamilton to leave McLaren before end of the year?

If this is true, wow...
Lewis Hamilton will not remain with McLaren next season and could even leave the Woking-based outfit before the end of this year, according to French TV F1 commentator, Jean-Louis Moncet.

Writing in his latest Auto Plus blog, he says one of his 'best sources' has told him the that Englishman is keen to move on - and that sensationally the 2008 F1 World Champion might actually jump ship before the 2012 season ends, if the 'situation does not improve', with McLaren having made 'serious contact' with Paul di Resta.

via: crash

Why should they replace Button or Hamilton with somebody like Di Resta?
Agree, Mclaren right now arguably has the strongest team of drivers right now.
They don´t want to change that unless someone forces them to do that.

It should be interesting to see where he will go, if he goes.
Vettel is commited to RBR, Alonso to Ferrari, Mercedes is not a team you would consider imo.

That's what McLaren have offered him. Nothing has been accepted or rejected yet
Yep that's true but where can he go if he leaves? Ferrari won't take him, Red Bull too. Both teams won't destroy their peace because tbh I don't see how they'll tell Hamilton to maintain the gap to Vettel :D The only teams are Lotus and Mercedes but they both can't give him better car than McLaren.

From Stefano in 2011,

Asked if he had been at all put off by Hamilton's erratic behaviour this year – Ferrari, remember, have always said that Hamilton might one day drive in red – Domenicali said: "Not at all. I always state that in my view the top three drivers in the championship are Fernando, Lewis and Sebastian. And from that point of view my attitude has not changed one bit. But I’m concentrating on my drivers at the moment.
“I can understand the criticism he has received because I know how this sport works, not only with Lewis but also with our drivers. It is part of the game. And when a driver has such great potential you hope to see him behave a different way in certain situations but that is the nature of different drivers.”
Domenicali added that he admired particularly admired Hamilton’s will to win. “As far as I can see from the outside Lewis is always in attack mode,” he said. “It’s funny sometimes behind a safety car [in the rain] you hear all the drivers saying ‘No way, I cannot see anything’. And then you get Lewis and he is saying ‘No, no. Let’s go for it’. And for a driver to have this attitude is a great thing.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/...ton-pat-fry-and-red-bulls-use-of-team-orders/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back