Hamilton: "no interest whatsoever" in Formula E

Well Lewis, it's all very well feeling that you 'should say something about it', but come on, you are in a position to do much more than that.

Try seeing it from the 'ordinary person's ' point of view if you can remember what that was like.
When average Joe comes home from a day working on a farm, or on a dust cart, or building site, you get the idea - REAL work - it's perfectly normal to be very happy to sit down to a steak or something wholesome to eat.

Meanwhile, you have many millions of dollars and can afford anything, any time.

Instead of just talking about it, you should not be asking others to do something, YOU should do something!

You could BUY a whole rain forest and protect it from destruction, for a start.

People are being hypocritical because it works. Mega corporations who say things (trying to keep it away from politics as much as possible here) that keep a certain type of people, who often lives on Twitter, from going bananas. Like mega corps making Tweets about how "bad" capitalism is while being, well, mega corps... Many of us dont buy it but the noisy people arent clever enough to get it and so we see a lot of hypocrisy in the open. Or its just the fact that many of the noisy people just want everyone to walk lockstep them - if they mean it doesnt matter as long as the optics falls in line with their beliefs. Point being: if you do something that isnt popular then just say you agree with the popular people while continuing doing your unpopular thing. Seems to work really well.

F1 is carbon neutral since years ago. And Hamilton sold his jet.
But the irony of current times is that people prefer to save the environment even if it gets in the way of taking people out of poverty faster.
And people are way more shocked with animal abuse than with violence against other humans.
I would dispute the fact that F1 in it's entirety is carbon neutral. Alone the amount of CO2 that the transport of the cars and all the equipment produces, precludes that it even goes any way at all in that direction.
And that Hamilton has sold his jet, woopiedoo. Instead he rents one on a flight by flight basis, or has a long-term contract with some exec. jet hire firm. Is that more Eco-friendly? I think not. :thumbsdown:
It makes more sense than having a self-owned aircraft though, which still costs a lot of money even when it's parked in the hangar. Not to mention the cost of having a pilot on standby 24/7.
But it's probably better for tax avoidance though, even if you're a multi-millionaire no point in throwing away all your wealth unnecessarily, eh? :D And then on taxes that could help the worse-off , perish the thought.
I worry about whether Lewis has enough money to eat properly...:D

people in Europe have reduced their footprints for decades, the problems are in Africa and Asia.
But nobody cares there, and the whole effort of sinking western living standards in favour of something that isnt really figured out and just pushed with emotional blackmail is nonsense.

If I could live one day without the stupid climate/vegan thing being pushed in media that would be nice.

If you want to go vegan? Fine, more meat for me at cheaper prices
If you want to go all climate neutral hermit? Fine, leave me be, be happy that you made your ideal choice, let me have my life.

Alot of people been waiting for a bandwagon like this.... He's had the fastest car, he's lucky.... Something new.... Yeah let's bash him....
As @Rossgarland
"We're all hypocrites. We just like to single others out to make ourselves feel better about our own lives"

One of the problems of this world, is the inability of people to see it through the eyes of others.
The greed and inability to compromise is tied directly to our destiny.
They're those who scoff at and want you to abandon fossil-fuel vehicles... and yet, that Prius, Volt, Leaf, etcc cost almost twice as much as a conventional car. Why?
There is no justification, other than pure greed.
The mindset: People want it, therefore why not charge them as much as possible for the new thing.
That would be bad in it's own right but they go even further by attempting to raise gasoline prices, purely in an attempt to "force" purchasing.
The guy/gal who purchases a 32-35 mpg Honda Civic is doing as well...if not better than that same Prius owner.
He/she is spreading out their small footprint over time.
The Prius owner needs to be aware that the batteries don't just fall from the sky and the charging station electricity didn't come from the sun.
Both types of ownership can co-exist based on what is most suited for the circumstance.

people in Europe have reduced their footprints for decades, the problems are in Africa and Asia.
But nobody cares there, and the whole effort of sinking western living standards in favour of something that isnt really figured out and just pushed with emotional blackmail is nonsense.
Our super duper nice government committed to sending Africa and Pacific states 2.65 Billion dollars to help fight climate change, while destroying our economy at home. We feel so much better about ourselves now. Heck, our super duper smart government purchased an unfinished pipeline for billions of dollars from a company that took the money and built one in Texas, USA. We can barely make ends meet, but sure as heck, we feel so much better about ourselves now.

*We'll solve this climate crisis even if it kills us.

If I gave anyone on this site a Huracan, you would all gladly take it. Not one would refuse it. You would then show it off to all your friends telling them how awesome it is. So, Lewis Hamilton is entitled to buy/drive/race whatever kind of car he wishes.

Oh look the planet is dying again and it's all our fault! These doomsday scenarios calling for drastic measures seem to pop up every decade or so (remember acid rain, the hole in the ozone layer or Al Gore's melting ice cap disaster?). Hopefully this one will blow over soon too just like the others and governments won't end up taxing and restricting the hell out of us. I think George Carlin sums it up best:

Will Buxton posted a very interesting tweet this week. I'm paraphrasing, but it was something like: when it comes to climate change, there are two options. You can be an a**hole or a hypocrite. That's pretty much it.

Riding a bicycle to work does not make you any more eco-friendly than someone who owns an electric car that uses fossil fuel produced electricity to charge itself.

Sorry, the bicycle is infinitely more eco-friendly, literally, than the electric car charged with dirty electricity. It isn't just about feelings or opinions--there are facts involved.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back