Halifax GP - Streets of Aachen turned into a Race Track

Tracks Halifax GP - Streets of Aachen turned into a Race Track 1.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I do have CSP : version is 0.1.60 (the recommended one)

Your help is very much appreciated and worth gold! I've asked about 20 sim racers and track builders and only 2 people have reported the issue up til now, you included. The only similarities I've found is the CSP version, thanks to you :)

Can you try updating CSP to the newest version (1.75 or the 1.76 preview if you're on Ilja's patreon, worth the 1€) and see if it's working? That's the only difference I've found between those who can and who can't run the track.

Also just a general note:
I'd always update to the newest CSP version you can get and disregard the "untested" flag. Even the preview versions on patreon are really stable. The updates though, oh boy are you missing out on a looot of new features. It's like comparing a simracer from 2015 with a game from 2021. It's like playing a new game and that's not even an exaggeration ^^

I do have CSP : version is 0.1.60 (the recommended one)
So yeah we figured it out. It's definitely the csp version.
I don't know why that's the case but probably using some feature not present in the older version which crashes your game.

Just make sure to stay up to date with CSP and it should work flawlessly. Thanks for your contribution, made me find the problem :)

BassGaming updated Halifax GP - Streets of Aachen turned into a Race Track with a new update entry:

Fix for "Track not found"-bug: UPDATE CSP!!

So I've seen some complaints about the track crashing on launch with the message "track not found".

View attachment 505040

This means that your CSP version is too outdated.

I don't know which feature exactly is causing this but it's not something I'll bother to fix as I am of the opinion that everyone should run the latest CSP version anyways.

Thanks to Federico...

Read the rest of this update entry...

BassGaming updated Halifax GP - Streets of Aachen turned into a Race Track with a new update entry:

NEW high poly track mesh!!

So guys we did it, new track mesh!

Before this update you drove on the visible, textured mesh which means you were driving on a relatively low-poly mesh which is also why the track felt so smooth and unrealistic. (visual track is always low-poly for performance reasons btw)
View attachment 505900Well no more! Introducing an actual mesh with bumps and feel behind the asphalt! Your force feedback experience and immersion should be waay more enjoyable now!
[ATTACH...

New track mesh is cool! Did you get it from sat/lidar/Google or is it randomized to give something more realistic but not true data?
Thanks, glad to see you enjoy it!
Oh boy I wish I had lidar data but nah, this is just a cloud/noise texture and some displacement but it does the job ^^

Also added collision to the middle line to make people assume it's at least somewhat realistic. Maybe it fools someone, who knows.

Thanks, glad to see you enjoy it!
Oh boy I wish I had lidar data but nah, this is just a cloud/noise texture and some displacement but it does the job ^^

Also added collision to the middle line to make people assume it's at least somewhat realistic. Maybe it fools someone, who knows.

Yeah, it does the job. Better random but realistic than made up and unrealistic :D

Yeah, it does the job. Better random but realistic than made up and unrealistic :D
So you think it's fine like this? Neither too large nor too small bumps?
Or would you rather have them bigger/smaller?

Feedback is very much appreciated, especially as I don't know what people are driving.
Thanks a lot ^^

Added vao-patch

NEW VAO PATCH BOIIIIS!!!

Before:

After:

It's baked in ambient occlusion. The biggest differences are below trees, balconies, etc. where it should be darker due to shadows. Note the darker ground below the trees on the left.

Honestly, this took 6min. I should've done this a long time ago!

Added Reverb

Buildings and walls now reflect the sound as you'd expect.
The focus was on interior sound. I do realize the spectator cams sound a lot worse now...
I'm still playing around with it so expect another update in a week or two.

I'm desperately looking for feedback on this update so please leave some remarks in the discussion tab!

If you don't like the reverb:
View attachment 510302
Delete this file in the data folder!

Reverb adjusted!

Ok I get the reverb might've been a tad too much. I reaaally enjoyed the indoor sound but the spectator cams sounded like a big factory or a maaassive tunnel so yeah, unrealistic and out of question.

I've adjusted the reverb to be waay more subtle. The difference is noticable but it's not completely overshadowing everything else anymore.

Some feedback is always appreciated!!

Full release by the end of the year!

Hey hey everyone.

It has been a while, hasn't it? So I expect to be done with the full release around the end of the year. It won't be "finished" as I still have a large todo list with gimmicks but it will be at a point where I'm happy to start working on other projects while updating this one occasionally.. like once every few months.

So basically I will be adding more CSP functions to the track when I feel like it after the 1.0 release.

I'm writing this update for two reasons:

1.0 FULL RELEASE!!

There it is, the full release.

The track is not completely done yet but the only things missing are gimmicks that are not gameplay-related so I decided to push the update.

Expect another update within the next days with a completely reworked AI! (So please bear with the old v0.4 AI which doesn't know the track changes yet)

Changelog:
  • Reworked hairpin turn completely, much wider (and some other turns)
  • Reworked reverb
  • reworked physical...

AI Update + New Lighting

As promised here's the new AI!
They are able to drive side by side in most places, Lap 1 is always chaotic though. In GT3 cars they are able to achieve 1:38.xx times in qualifying.
So while I wasn't able to make the AI as fast as myself it should still allow for fun AI racing!

I've also adjusted the lights.
Before:View attachment 527490

After:
View attachment 527491
(Screenshots don't do it justice. Ingame it's very noticable!)

TreeFX and reworked LightFX coming soon™

Get hyped for version 1.3!
View attachment 654728

Reworked LightFX with waaay better lamp models and implementation coming soon. The much needed TreeFX update is also on it's way, finally replacing those horrible X-tree models I used earlier.

I'm still working out the performance impact. Pretty sure that huge forest won't stay as it is in the screenshot so please be patient.
View attachment 654729

v1.3 - TreeFX and new LightFX

View attachment 656667From v1.3 onward you NEED csp 0.1.79+ and TreeFX enabled or you won't have any trees.
If you liked the old look better, get Halifax GP v1.2.

Anyways, we have a new pond now.
The more vibrant and fictional look is gone. I decided to change the overall aesthetics to a more realistic look.
TreeFX and new streetlamps are also pretty neat.

More comparison shots!
(Left new - Right old)
View attachment 656664[ATTACH...​

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering