Halifax GP - Streets of Aachen turned into a Race Track

Tracks Halifax GP - Streets of Aachen turned into a Race Track 1.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
BassGaming submitted a new resource:

Halifax GP - Streets of Aachen turned into a Race Track - A fast paced race track with narrow and unforgiving sections. Best suited for GT3.

Halifax GP
Westside of Aachen made into a track.

This is the first public build of the Halifax GP.

The track was created in Google Maps and is based on real streets in the West of Aachen, Germany.
Some sections have been slightly altered in width and camber to allow for better racing though. The AI is still work in progress and will improve with time. They should still be able to get 3:40 times in GT3 cars and allow for good racing...

Read more about this resource...

BassGaming updated Halifax GP - Streets of Aachen turned into a Race Track with a new update entry:

Added pits, Light performance fix, added surfaces.ini

So yeah let's get the big one out of the way:
CSP is confusing as fu- when starting out with track building.

- I've managed to get decent lighting results without too much performance impact but please report back if it's still too demanding for your system.
Fellow mappers, feel free to look at my .ini and give me some tips. Help is much needed!

View attachment 478559

- Next is the surfaces.ini which brings a working pitlane (as well as...

Read the rest of this update entry...

BassGaming updated Halifax GP - Streets of Aachen turned into a Race Track with a new update entry:

Textures, Shadows, Geometry

A lot of stuff changed, nothing of which I can show in a nice screenshot.

• Changed geometry: The outside of the track isn't surrounded by hills anymore which allows light to reach the track when the sun goes down.
  • Chanegd geometry: Offside the track isn't as brutal and punishing anymore -> smoother transition to dirt
  • Fixed a lot of trees
  • Fixed many objects which weren't supposed to give off shadows
  • More decoration
  • Way more models and trees
  • Added more easter eggs...

Small Ai tweaks, folder cleanup so CM doesn't get as confused.

Nothing much has changed, just some small Ai tweaks. Also changed some stuff in the folders so CM is less toxic/whiny lol.
Still working on a bigger update but my free time is very limited at the moment.
Also with version 0.6.0 the track has reached a point where it's actually presentable with a result I'm really proud of so any future updates will only be major ones!

Still, here ya go. Hope you enjoy even the smallest of tweaks!

New trailer, new progress, new creative decisions

The next version of the track is still not ready.
I did however make some assets of houses from the actual city.

I'm still not sure whether I want to match the track/map to the actual surroundings found irl as everything apart from the actual track (asphalt) is fictional at the moment. (The "forrest" part is actually full of university buildings and student flats for example)
But the assets are coming along so I'll do something with them eventually.

In the meanwhile, here's a new trailer...

hi there, can you give a me a clue to what real life street the start/finish line is on? btw thx a lot!
Sure, it would be Vaalserstraße. Here is an image in Google Maps:
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg

Major Update: Better Mesh, new lighting, new foliage, new assets, better track and more!

View attachment 496273Alright, after quite some work here it is, version 0.7 of the Halifax GP!
As promised I'm only going to update this track from now on when significant changes were made. I'm at a point where I'm confortable with releasing the next version for you to try out.
Also, if you have any footage of the track I'd love to see it! Feel free to drop it in the discussion tab.

Changelog:
- Mesh: Offtrack should be smooth (almost) everywhere...

Hotfix for few small changes

Noticed a few flaws and things I forgot since releasing the 0.7 version yesterday.
View attachment 496508

Changelog:
- Added some more brake markers, especially important in T1 and the hairpin turn
- Added some more reference points where brake markers don't fit visually
- No more grass on curbs
- All signs should have collision and cast shadows now
- Moved one tree, f that tree

Bass I have a question:
Yesterday I downloaded this track and I really liked it.
Since you have updated today, should I download it again in "download" here, or does it update automatically through CM without doing anything else?
Thank you.

Major Update: CLEAN INSTALL RECOMMENDED!! The future is now!

Delete the old version, clean install the new one!

Aight fellas, we've got a lot to cover.
Most of the changes are technical stuff which is why you should reinstall the track cleanly. You don't have to but that would waste 550mb or so on your hard drive and leave you with the v0.7.1 layout forever.

It had to be done, sry. A lot of new possibilities have opened up now though so it's worth it. Now the good stuff...

Bass I have a question:
Yesterday I downloaded this track and I really liked it.
Since you have updated today, should I download it again in "download" here, or does it update automatically through CM without doing anything else?
Thank you.
Sadly I have no clue how to tell CM that there's a track update. I know it's possible somehow but I'm guessing I'd have to use direct download links instead of RaceDepartment so... no clue.
Except for the last update where you have to delete the old version you can always update by pressing the download button and dragging the .zip file into CM :)

Thanks for following the development of my track.

Edit: And sorry I didn't see the post earlier. Must've missed that notification!

Last edited:
Hello, I cannot start this track as I encounter a "track not found".

I installed it by drag and dropping into CM.
I don't have any issue with other tracks.

This is the first time I installed the track.

Thanks in advance !

Hello, I cannot start this track as I encounter a "track not found".

I installed it by drag and dropping into CM.
I don't have any issue with other tracks.

This is the first time I installed the track.

Thanks in advance !
Hmm I wish I could help you but the track works fine for hundreds of other people.
One thing I can think of is CM ****ing up in some way. You can try to install the track manually by unpacking the folder halifax_gp into Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\ or wherever you have AC installed.

Also, I have never tried the track without CSP. There is no reason why it shouldn't work without it but yeah... who knows.
Pls report back! I'm curious why you're the only one experiencing this issue.

Edit: Ok another track builder I know has the same problem with the track while most people don't. I'm working on a fix through trial and error.

Last edited:
Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

I copied it manually, still the same error.

I do have CSP : version is 0.1.60 (the recommended one)

I checked the log.txt file located in Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs

I only have this related lines :

-----------END VIDEO INI-----------
ERROR: halifax_gp : TRACK NOT FOUND

CLEAN EXIT

Feel free to ask me if you need to investigate/test something.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back